• AM Networking at Comcast from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Wednesday at 2030 E. Polymer Dr. Attendees can network with area businesspeople at this free event hosted by Comcast. For more information, contact Chrissy Nolan at 763-4375 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Mini Computer Workshops for Busy People from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Wednesday at Chattanooga State Community College, 4501 Amnicola Hwy. Attendees will learn the basics of using a computer to conduct business. Cost: $39. Registration and fee are required by May 30. Call 423.697.3100 for more information and to register.
• Downtown Council Meeting at 7:30 a.m. Thursday at the Sheraton Read House, 827 Broad St. Lt. Eric Tucker and Sgt. Todd Royval of the Chattanooga Police Department will speak on “Ways Businesses Can Work Toward a Safer Chattanooga.” Breakfast: $10.
• Southside Council Meeting at noon Thursday at the South Chattanooga Recreation Center, 1151 W. 40th St. Scott Rosenow of Battle Academy will speak on “Robotics in Schools.” Lunch: $10.
• Ribbon Cutting for The Chattanooga Brewing Company at 4 p.m. Thursday at Chattanooga Brewing Company, 109 Frazier Ave.
• Small Business Orientation at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Call 756-8668 for more information and to register for the free seminar.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Coffee at 8:30 a.m. Friday at Hampton Inn, 6145 Weir Way. Sponsor: Fresh Fitness.
• Ribbon Cutting for The Crash Pad: An Uncommon Hostel from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Friday at 29 Johnson St.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: