Kudos to Chattanooga and one of its contractors for seeking out ways to help felons get work in a depressed area of Chattanooga.
A massive fish kill and stinky mess that closed a portion of South Chickamauga Creek to outdoor enthusiasts for the past several days began with the failure of a mechanical signal that was supposed to start pumps at one of Chattanooga's 80 sewage pumping stations.
We have a suggestion for a new Tax Increment Financing, or TIF, agreement: the Helen Burns Sharp legal fees fund.
Even those people who didn't vote for Barack Obama in 2008 had hoped some things about race relations might change for the better.
The 1988 triple murder of Kenneth Griffith, Earl Smock and Richard Mason on Signal Mountain was dramatized in a new episode of "Bloodlands" on the Investigation Discovery cable television channel Monday night.
Anyone with a room or basement full of old bills, Dad's letters to Mom from the war, the children's elementary-school drawings and old newspapers will understand what the city of Chattanooga wants to do.
This morning, there's no breakfast.
"Women are made to be loved, not understood."
Three weeks ago in this space we shared the story of Rich and Kelly, a young St. Elmo couple having trouble making ends meet.
During an otherwise pleasant evening, we stood up from the kitchen table, took our plates to the sink, walked outside and then -- as if this sort of thing was normal -- dumped five-gallon buckets of ice water all over our heads.
Ever walked up and hit a hornet's nest? No. Well, Hamas is not that smart.
Unfortunately, the people of Gaza are fodder for murderous Hamas who care nothing about them. They’re giving Israel reason to destroy them.
Rick Perry should build a golf course on the Mexican border and see if he can sucker President Obama in to coming down.
Hundreds of missiles are being fired at Israel every day.
Nick Hanauer is an American entrepreneur and venture capitalist with a net worth of about $1 billion, which puts him in the one hundredth of 1 percent of all Americans.
Tunnel warfare is part of military history.
• Keep them topical and short (25 words or less).
• Please include your name.
• Send to: Rant, P.O. Box 1447, Chattanooga, TN 37401; fax: 423-668-5058; or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Submit a Letters to the Editor
• Keep them topical, short (200 words or less), legible and not more often than one every 30 days. Letters may be edited for clarity and length
• Must be signed with name, address and telephone number.
• Send to: Editorial page editor (either Times or Free Press), P.O. Box 1447, Chattanooga, TN 37401; fax: 423-757-6383; or e-mail: email@example.com