On Monday, the 8-year-old Hamilton County Drug Court celebrated its 100th graduate — a nearly 30-year addict who officials said had been arrested on at least 96 different charges.
Our hearts and prayers go out to the people of Moore, Okla., today — along with a Tennessee Red Cross team and a Tennessee-based federal search and rescue group.
Jennifer Clark is a good comparison shopper and a bad gambler.
Few things can match the fear, dread and panic of losing a pet.
"I've had enough of reading things ... by neurotic, psychotic, pigheaded politicians ... all I want is the truth, just give me some truth."
In one of the most chilling, fretful and historically confused speeches in recent memory, President Barack Obama told graduates of The Ohio State University to reject voices claiming that "tyranny is always lurking just around the corner."
Last Friday, her heart beating as if it was bursting out of a stable, Stacie Sparks Hand loaded up her gray Nissan, hugged and kissed her parents bye, and drove away from her Red Bank home.
• Who is the most powerful person in the area?
The average person is lied to 10 to 200 times daily, according to research conducted by Pamela Meyer, CEO of Calibrate, a fraud-detection firm in Washington, D.C.
There was good news and bad news for members of the media this week.
WE HAD A SEND-OFF for Jerry Garcia on the Walnut Street bridge. The police took pictures. Hey, tea party, welcome to our world!
HOW MANY bicyclists must be killed before they are banned from public roads for their own safety?
THIS IS AMERICA. If a man wants to smoke a joint or pick up a hooker, it’s none of the government’s business!
I take exception to your editorial concerning the over-zealousness of the Signal Mountain police by arresting those underage drinkers.
Enough already! Where misdeeds have been done and situations have been mismanaged, do something to address them, seek solutions.
Someone dropped the ball? Dropped the ball? Dead infants and children are not dropped balls!
• Keep them topical and short (25 words or less).
• Please include your name.
• Send to: Rant, P.O. Box 1447, Chattanooga, TN 37401; fax: 423-668-5058; or e-mail: email@example.com
To Submit a Letters to the Editor
• Keep them topical, short (200 words or less), legible and not more often than one every 30 days. Letters may be edited for clarity and length
• Must be signed with name, address and telephone number.
• Send to: Editorial page editor (either Times or Free Press), P.O. Box 1447, Chattanooga, TN 37401; fax: 423-757-6383; or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org