Events and seminars
• Entrepreneur Bookkeeping, from 1 to 2 p.m. Monday at the Incubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd.
Lynn Talbott, of HR Business Solutions LLC, will review the top 10 bookkeeping mistakes all small-business owners should avoid, as well as practical solutions for overcoming these issues and ideas for office efficiency. A QuickBooks-related Q&A session will be held at the end of the class. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this seminar is free and open to the public. Register in advance by calling 423-756-8668.
• Red Bank Council Meeting at noon Tuesday at the Red Bank Community Center, behind Erlanger North. Dixie Fuller of Friends of the Festival will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Meeting at 9:15 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Collegedale City Hall: 4910 Swinyar Drive. Michael Cafferky will speak on Integrating Faith & Business.
• Hixson Council Meeting from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the North River Civic Center: 1009 Executive Drive.
Julia Harris, a health policy associate with the Strategic Planning and Innovation Group at the Tennessee Division of Health Care Finance and Administration, will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Workforce Employer Outreach Committee Employer Forum from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at the Chattanooga Chamber: 811 Broad St. The speaker will be Martha Wettemann, a statistical analyst supervisor, Labor Market Information Research Statistics, Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development. Boxed lunches are available upon request for $8 each. To RSVP, contact Cathy Humble at 423.763.4321 or email@example.com.
• North Hamilton County Council Meeting at noon Thursday at Budweiser of Chattanooga: 200 Shearer St. North Hamilton County School principals will speak. Meetings cost $10.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: