published Sunday, August 31st, 2014

The Faux Union

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

92
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.

Bennett must be on the UAW's payroll. Along with piles of politicians.

If there's not corruption, thugs and intimidation involved it can't be a union, right?

August 31, 2014 at 12:05 a.m.
alprova said...

Well, we'll be reading some comments from tifosi, I'll bet.

Those kooky employees at Volkswagen just can't make up their minds, but Bob Corker believes he has all the inside information from the top.

Sooner or later, Bob's going to have egg all over his face, and I hope it's just in time for his Presidential campaign.

August 31, 2014 at 12:05 a.m.
alprova said...

Z-man, before it can be called a union and cards handed out, it needs to be established as a union, registered as such, and approved.

Seems to me that the ACE organizers are side-stepping a few rules and regulations in the belief that it will work. The minute they take money from people without them being deemed a union, there are going to be some people in deep water.

Taking money under false pretenses is still a crime in Tennessee, is it not?

I have no doubt that Volkswagen will straighten the ill informed employees out when the time comes.

August 31, 2014 at 12:08 a.m.

The UAW isn't needed there..at all. The fat ass/fat cats at the top of the UAW just want more power and money.

August 31, 2014 at 12:11 a.m.
alprova said...

They're going to eventually get it too. With Volkswagen desiring to set up an American version of the Work Council, which is dependent on viable union representation, it's not if, but when the UAW will be established with the approval of Volkswagen management.

August 31, 2014 at 12:14 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Yeah, those poor mistreated sods at VW need union protection.

August 31, 2014 at 1:16 a.m.
fairmon said...

The cartoon should depict the UAW being serenaded with the song "what about no do you not understand". The UAW is akin to those men that think "no" means maybe and the female is just saying that to keep from feeling guilty. The UAW needs VW a lot more than VW employees need them. If VW management wanted the UAW they would already have them. Shouldn't the UAW be charged with stalking? Why are they so intent on organizing VW employees? Is it their devotion and caring for the people at VW or is greed and a self serving need the driver? Whose job and what do they seek to protect, the fat cats in the union hierarchy and money for other UAW expenditures?

Employees can establish an independent union but would be wise to get legal council and assure all the right steps are taken since the greedy UAW assisted by the biased NLRB will attack viciously. The independent union with no national union ties would enable VW to establish a works council without interference from the UAW or other national unions. The works council would then be able to align and coordinate with others within VW.

Alprova you should be advocating the UAW for those auto plants in Georgia such as the KIA facility in Tipton and leave Tennessee in the hands of those in Tennessee. I would bet Corker has much more information about what VW management truly prefers than you. I would also bet he knows what is in the best interest of those that work at VW and the community and state then you. I know, you are sure your opinion and keen insight is second to none and only those with less intelligence fail to agree with you. But, that may not be as accurate as you like to believe it is.

August 31, 2014 at 1:23 a.m.
alprova said...

It's not about any mistreatment. Volkswagen wants a works council to set up a way to negotiate between all blue and white collar employees, and they will have it over and above the objections of every single Republican in this nation, if they decide to welcome the UAW.

Like I stated earlier...it's not a matter of if, but when.

August 31, 2014 at 1:25 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Alprova you should be advocating the UAW for those auto plants in Georgia such as the KIA facility in Tipton and leave Tennessee in the hands of those in Tennessee."

Tipton? You mean West Point, don't you?

"I would bet Corker has much more information about what VW management truly prefers than you."

Do you really think so? Time will indeed tell. I'm not wrong very often, am I?

"I would also bet he knows what is in the best interest of those that work at VW and the community and state then you."

I doubt that too. He's a Republican.

"I know, you are sure your opinion and keen insight is second to none and only those with less intelligence fail to agree with you."

How often have you TRIED to prove me incorrect and have failed to do so?

"But, that may not be as accurate as you like to believe it is."

I know it's not. I'm not the only one who has dethroned your authoritative attitude when it comes to the economy and investing.

You're a wannabe at best.

August 31, 2014 at 1:36 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Employees can establish an independent union but would be wise to get legal council and assure all the right steps are taken since the greedy UAW assisted by the biased NLRB will attack viciously."

Their attacks will be nothing compared to those of the Republican politicians, who do not want any unions inside this country...period.

"The independent union with no national union ties would enable VW to establish a works council without interference from the UAW or other national unions. The works council would then be able to align and coordinate with others within VW."

You're assuming that the independent union will be approved. I say it will not be approved because there will not be enough financial backing to meet the requirements, depending on what the ACER's are going to offer in return for membership.

Lots of money is going to have to be available and it isn't going to be given to them by Volkswagen.

August 31, 2014 at 1:42 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...I know it's not. I'm not the only one who has dethroned your authoritative attitude when it comes to the economy and investing.

Only in your over active imagination. You have disagreed but never proven anything about the economy and investing. In fact I hope I am just as wrong this year as last but that will be difficult, it is unusual to have any investment do that well. Many people make the mistake of thinking a rising stock market reflects the economy over all, that simply is not the case.

Your republicans all bad and democrats all good attitude blinds you to the reality that neither is acting in the best interest of the majority.

August 31, 2014 at 6:06 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...Their attacks will be nothing compared to those of the Republican politicians, who do not want any unions inside this country...period.

I don't believe that republicans prefer no unions but they may not want them to be unrestrained. Some trade unions are good and make a contribution and assure a good skill level. Most, like the UAW, are just barnacles contributing essentially nothing to the entity to which it is attached or to society in general.

Did your employees at the business you tout as super successful due in large part to your management skills have a union? Did it continue being successful and enable you to sell it for a healthy sum or did it cease to exist for other reasons?

August 31, 2014 at 6:31 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said....How often have you TRIED to prove me incorrect and have failed to do so?

I don't recall ever trying to "prove you wrong" but I have and still disagree with many of your opinions.

It is amazing that a company invest and put at risk millions, hire people, provide a safe clean place to work, provide them the tools and training to do the job for which they are hired and a number of them suddenly want to participate in running the business and making critical business decisions without having any investment at risk. Go figure! Give a good old boy or girl a pair of safety shoes and a tee shirt and teach them to walk and chew gum simultaneously and they feel super intelligent and capable of running a complex business but will in time destroy it and seek another vulnerable employer while demanding the government support them in the interim.

August 31, 2014 at 6:44 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "I don't believe that republicans prefer no unions but they may not want them to be unrestrained."

You're dreaming. They want unions gone, plain and simple.

"Some trade unions are good and make a contribution and assure a good skill level. Most, like the UAW, are just barnacles contributing essentially nothing to the entity to which it is attached or to society in general."

I know lots of people who would disagree strongly with you on that point.

"Did your employees at the business you tout as super successful due in large part to your management skills have a union?"

No.

"Did it continue being successful and enable you to sell it for a healthy sum or did it cease to exist for other reasons?"

I did indeed sell it at an immense profit. It is still up and running. I sold it as a means to have the funds to settle a half-million in hospital expenses related to my wife's 2002 car accident.

August 31, 2014 at 7:50 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "I don't recall ever trying to "prove you wrong" but I have and still disagree with many of your opinions."

Your submissions are facts. Mine are opinions. Does that just about describe what we've got going on here, from your perspective?

It is amazing how many times I have had to correct you when you lay out some of the facts you have tried to enter into a debate.

"It is amazing that a company invest and put at risk millions, hire people, provide a safe clean place to work, provide them the tools and training to do the job for which they are hired and a number of them suddenly want to participate in running the business and making critical business decisions without having any investment at risk."

Fairmon, that usually happens when a business owner is not providing a safe place to work, or is not providing the tools and training necessary to do the job correctly, or when there is evidence that the people who produce and who sustain a business are not being paid an ample wage when contrasted to the profits coming in.

"Give a good old boy or girl a pair of safety shoes and a tee shirt and teach them to walk and chew gum simultaneously and they feel super intelligent and capable of running a complex business but will in time destroy it and seek another vulnerable employer while demanding the government support them in the interim."

As is usual with you, you seem to dismiss lower class people as being stupid, unconcerned, or unable to see things that business owners are in no position to see on a daily basis.

A company that includes input from those in the trenches, so to speak, will be far and above more productive, efficient, and more profitable. A company that strives to keep a constant and uninterrupted staff of workers, will achieve the same goals.

Those things do not happen when employees are considered no more valuable to a business than the machinery they may operate.

A machine doesn't care how it is treated or valued. A human being will always care about such things.

I'd be willing to bet that any position you have ever had with a large company, did not involve working with other people. You're not a people person at all.

You're selfish to an extreme, greedy, and convinced of your own superiority to those of lower income classes. You spend many hours alone, don't you?

August 31, 2014 at 8:06 a.m.
tifosi said...

Alprova still spouting drivel he knows nothing about.

Volkswagen is NOT united on this issue. Labor forces have control of human resources and have used that position to strong-arm their way into Chattanooga. Previous management at Chattanooga was NOT in favor of the UAW. Patta brothers, Osterloh and Neumann managed to get Dr. Jagla (former VP of HR) and Frank Fischer (CEO) removed from Chattanooga. Jagla and Fischer did not support UAW. Sebastian Patta (current VP of HR) is doing everything he can, including breaking US laws, to shove the German way onto Tennesseans. All of us will pay if he succeeds. Tens of thousands of jobs were created here over the last 20 years because we did not have the UAW here.

Volkswagen has the worst profit margins in the automotive industry - all because labor in Germany refuses to support modernizing automation and improve efficiency. Sounds like the UAW in Detroit.

"The move underlines how much relations between management and workers have soured at Europe's biggest carmaker, which is struggling to raise profits amid stagnating emerging markets and low growth at home."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/07/us-volkswagen-costs-mckinsey-idUSKBN0G71M520140807

August 31, 2014 at 8:54 a.m.
AgentX said...

The UAW has nothing to offer, only the illusion that they are needed. They continue to force themselves down the throats of the VW employees, despite their own agreements to withdraw. I believe they should be forcefully removed based on their behavior to this point. But VW as a company wants them. What does this say to the employees that have struggled to keep the UAW out to this point? Your employer is ignoring your vote, your opinions. Your vote means nothing to them. But their doing this for your benefit?? They will take your money and drive up costs for VW. What are they going to do for this brand-new, state-of-the-art facility? They are struggling to hang on to members because the fat-cats at the top are losing their financing in the decline of membership.
And I've been in a union for 13 years. I'm not totally against the VW employees unionizing, but I am against the UAW.

August 31, 2014 at 9:13 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alprova continues to prove himself a pompous a$$. Head on out to Cleveland, pal. Then the Golden Corral.

August 31, 2014 at 9:16 a.m.
fairmon said...

"Did your employees at the business you tout as super successful due in large part to your management skills have a union?"

alprova responded with....No.

Why not? Did you not encourage them to unionize? Did you provide better conditions and compensation than VW?

August 31, 2014 at 9:17 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said..A company that includes input from those in the trenches, so to speak, will be far and above more productive, efficient, and more profitable.

We agree and a union is not necessary to have that happen and in fact often interferes with it.

August 31, 2014 at 9:20 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said.... that usually happens when a business owner is not providing a safe place to work, or is not providing the tools and training necessary to do the job correctly, or when there is evidence that the people who produce and who sustain a business are not being paid an ample wage when contrasted to the profits coming in.

So, you are saying VW is guilty of some or all of the reasons you say cause people to seek a union? Are you sure VW employees sought out the UAW or is it a UAW initiative? Are you suggesting employee pay should be a percent of profits and should be adjusted based on profits? What happens when profits drop and in some years may be a zero? Yep, just one big happy family all working for nothing until things get better since we all help make the decisions.

Oh, I see your point, profits should only be in the compensation equation when they are good.

August 31, 2014 at 9:33 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Wonder if the employees at Friendly Village Rip-Off Motors are unionized. Does the guy that washes the rust earn $22 per hour?

August 31, 2014 at 9:38 a.m.
tifosi said...

Little known fact:

The UAW was anti-Volkswagen in Chattanooga back in 2009.

"In its letter of opposition, the UAW acknowledges that Volkswagen's Chattanooga plant will employ 2,000 people and produce 150,000 vehicles annually with the potential for expanded capacity of 300,000 vehicles. The union goes on to claim that the Chattanooga project's application for a temporary FTZ manufacturing authority would place domestic auto manufacturers and suppliers at a competitive disadvantage."

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2009/8/20/157187/UAW-Opposition-Halts-Application-For.aspx

AND NOW THEY ARE DROOLING OVER DUES PAYING SOUTHERNERS TO KEEP THE UAW FROM BANKRUPTCY. JUST LIKE THEY DID TO DETROIT.

Ever wonder why Michigan became a Right-To-Work state two years ago. Michigan grew tired of the UAW being shoved down their throat and driving them to the brink of financial disaster... oh yeah they did!

August 31, 2014 at 9:43 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...As is usual with you, you seem to dismiss lower class people as being stupid, unconcerned, or unable to see things that business owners are in no position to see on a daily basis.

I did not call the people responding the way I described as low class and do not condone anyone other than criminals that lie, cheat, steal and kill being labeled as such. They are low class low life a-holes that deserve whatever bad happens to them.

To me income low income, middle income and high income are the correct correlation to incomes and the word class should not be included in the normal context of a person with class. Some people with very low incomes have a lot more class that some that have high incomes or significant wealth.

August 31, 2014 at 9:50 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said..Your submissions are facts. Mine are opinions. Does that just about describe what we've got going on here, from your perspective?

It is amazing how many times I have had to correct you when you lay out some of the facts you have tried to enter into a debate.


I often post opinions different than yours. You have never in my opinion provided a valid correction of anything I intended to post as a fact. I rarely post anything as a fact but normally my personal opinion which weighs just as much as yours on this forum.

I don't accept your self appointment as the "go to" authority on all matters on this forum. You claim to have lost weight which is a good thing but your ego has not deflated in the least.

August 31, 2014 at 10:03 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

fist bump, fairmon 👊

August 31, 2014 at 10:11 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...A machine doesn't care how it is treated or valued. A human being will always care about such things.

I don't disagree totally but some machines not treated will respond accordingly, try never changing the oil or having your car serviced. However, typically machines decrease in value over time while people increase in value with time. Most people with 30+ years job experience grow and contribute proportionally while some few seem to have had 1 years experience 30+ times.

August 31, 2014 at 10:15 a.m.
inquiringmind said...

same few people writing the same old stuff...

August 31, 2014 at 10:18 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

^Why would that be IQ?

August 31, 2014 at 10:19 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...I'd be willing to bet that any position you have ever had with a large company, did not involve working with other people. You're not a people person at all.

You cannot imagine how wrong you are. You are willing to make a bet you would lose. Make the bet big enough and I will prove how wrong you are.

August 31, 2014 at 10:23 a.m.
fairmon said...

inquiringmind said...

same few people writing the same old stuff...

We are not all as imaginative and creative as you are so please demonstrate your creative talent without regard to being totally accurate of course.

You and alprova may have hit on something with your philosophy about business tax rates. To follow your thought process it would seem that all personal income taxes should be eliminated along with many business deductions and every business be required to increase their product cost enough to be profitable, pay a $12.50 minimum wage, provide healthcare for all employees and pay 50% of all profits as taxes including those products or services produced and sold in other countries.

Does that about capture your many musings about how businesses should be treated and if they don't invest and fully utilize all available technology they should fail and die.

August 31, 2014 at 10:38 a.m.
tifosi said...

Right now, the VW-Chattanooga plant has been one of the better running plants at VW - if we can get product to build. If the UAW succeeds in getting higher pay and better benefits, then Mexico looks better for future programs.

Things that make you go "Hmmmm..."

The IG Metall is the German equivalent to the UAW, and they are very powerful inside VW. The IG Metall is all about German jobs, not American jobs. It is in their best interest if Chattanooga does not expand, so it will bring more jobs back to Germany. Makes you wonder why the IG Metall is so supportive of the UAW.

August 31, 2014 at 10:42 a.m.
Maximus said...

GM, basically the UAW, has the highest recall rate of any car brand. A new GM pick up with just a few options costs well over $50,000 to support Democrat union thug pensions and healthcare plans. Remember, GM employees and retirees are EXEMPT from Obamercare.

The UAW and unions as a whole are obsolete, corrupt, and only exist to fill the pockets of the union officials and administrators. Similar to all the hub bub and attention "Gay Rights" gets from the Democrat party in order to capture that 2% of America voting block......only 7% of private sector companies in the U.S. are unionized. If you have an issue as a Google employee for instance you call the legal or HR departments and believe me they will respond. No the UAW is just another useful idiot voting block of the Democrat party that has basically ruined Michigan especially Detroit. Sad really.

In closing, the Government Employees Union should be abolished and disbanded. The union is responsible for a LOT of what is wrong with this country, our public schools have been trashed by the union, the V.A., and we can't do what we need to do with the Postal Service which is way way too large and I billions in the red, TAXPAYER MONEY RED, because of you guessed it, the lazy and corrupt....GUVMENT EMPLOYEES UNION an official department of the Dumasscrat Party.

August 31, 2014 at 11:10 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Workers of the World Unite! ☭

August 31, 2014 at 11:20 a.m.
rick1 said...

fairmon: reference to Al's comment where he stated "As is usual with you, you seem to dismiss lower class people as being stupid, unconcerned, or unable to see things that business owners are in no position to see on a daily basis."

I thought you may find this post from Alpo interesting in regards to people who make minimum wage: "Those who work in minimum wage paying jobs, who have a family to support, and expect to do this at such a wage, are not among the smartest of people, now are they? And there is no secret which party these workers, as a general rule will vote for."

He also stated "Show me a 40 year old man or woman that is "stuck" in a job that pays minimum wage, and I'll guarantee you that there is some reason why that is the case, and it will always be a result of decisions they have made that places them in that circumstance. Show me a business that will be forced to close their doors as a result in this long overdue change in wage bases, and it will also be plagued with other factors that contribute to the demise of such a business."

Please read the link below I think you will find his views very interesting.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2007/1/12/99685/Minimum-Wage-Hurts-Us---And-Replies.aspx

August 31, 2014 at 11:59 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

rick, just more evidence of the bs Alpo pukes out. He's very disturbed.

August 31, 2014 at 12:06 p.m.
rick1 said...

Jack, he is a legend in his own mind. You better be careful with Al, he may shoot you like he shot that dude in Miami back in 1987. Of course he never provided any specific details of the incident like the name of the of the so called "Dude" or the exact location or date of the shooting or what ever happened to the dude.

August 31, 2014 at 12:17 p.m.
Maximus said...

Come on man....it's college football season! Who gives a rats ass about all these unhappy, dysfunctional, mooching, useful idiot liberals that seem to always want to "agitate" and "organize".

Remember two things people....enjoy the beautiful Red State TN fall football season and VOTE REPUBLICAN IN NOVEMBER! :)

August 31, 2014 at 12:38 p.m.
rick1 said...

Max,

Some close games yesterday. Bama struggled with WVU and Auburn was two different teams with and without Nick Marshall. How do you like the GA defense with Jeremy Pruitt as DC? Texas A&M put a whipping on SC and it appears Johnny Football is a distance memory. Will have to see how TN does tonight with Chuckie and the rest of the Aggie team.

August 31, 2014 at 12:46 p.m.

Rick, A&M looks really good. They don't Johnny football.

August 31, 2014 at 12:51 p.m.
rick1 said...

Z Man, I agree A&M looked really good. Kenny Hill played a heck of a game. That young man is a class act and is nothing like Johnny Jackass and should have a very good career at A&M.

Question is SC over rated or just not prepared? Their defense was terrible, so we will have to see how the SC defense does against Georgia and all of their offensive weapons in two weeks.

August 31, 2014 at 1:09 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

rick, I loathe the OBC, but his team will rebound, no doubt.

August 31, 2014 at 1:20 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Rick, I didn't know ALPO was a shooter!! I know he throws out unsubstantiated lies about people. Will wear my vest. 🔫 lol

August 31, 2014 at 1:22 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "So, you are saying VW is guilty of some or all of the reasons you say cause people to seek a union?"

No that is not what I am saying.

"Are you sure VW employees sought out the UAW or is it a UAW initiative?"

It could be a little of both.

"Are you suggesting employee pay should be a percent of profits and should be adjusted based on profits?"

Why not? It is the employees collectively who make it all happen, is it not? After all, a businessman without employees is nothing at all.

"What happens when profits drop and in some years may be a zero?"

If an established business has profits that drop to zero at any point, something is horribly wrong, isn't it? You're an investor, aren't you? How often does that happen in the business world?

August 31, 2014 at 1:23 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

Z-fisdter sez, "The UAW isn't needed there..." I didn't know he worked at the VW plant.

Jackie, old boy, all we hear on these boards are, "I don't like unions", "I like unions," "The UAW are commies," "sign up a psuedo-union," "I don't like liberals," "I don't like Obama," "abolish income tax," "You are going to hell because you don't believe what I believe," "You are one," "No I am not, you are," "Vote Republican because this is big orange country (shades of Cass Walker!)," "Whose your hairdresser?," "If someone is poor and making minimum wage it is their fault not mine," "why should I pay taxes for schools, I send my kid to Baylor/McCallie/GPS/Chattanooga Christian(sic), Notre Dame?," "Why can't they be like Clarence Thomas?,"blah, blah, blah.

What should the minimum wage be, fairmon? 200% of the poverty level for 1 person: $10.50; or for a family of 4: $21.50? Since everyone seems to buy into the premise that both parents should work the former rate would be the one, except if you look at the statistics, in urban Chattanooga about 73% of the families do not have both spouses present, and they probably provide the lion's share of minimum wage jobs in Chattanooga. So lets set the minimum wage at $18.17 (1.73X10.54), slightly over the cutoff for assistance at 200% of poverty level for a family of 3($17.82).

Let's set income tax as a fixed percent of income calculated on what is needed to fund the current National Budget taking into account the ratio of personal and corporate tax payments (ignoring the recent Supreme Court decision that corporations are people), eliminate all deductions except for family dependents, set a minimum corporate tax of 20% and require all industry who have been incorporated in the USA since 1960, and/or who are selling product in the United States to pay on profit from those sales. No deductions.

Whatever happened to Christian charity in this town?

August 31, 2014 at 1:26 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "To me income low income, middle income and high income are the correct correlation to incomes and the word class should not be included in the normal context of a person with class. Some people with very low incomes have a lot more class that some that have high incomes or significant wealth."

You always change your tune when called out for some remark you have made. Always.

Who knows what your true feelings are, because you are so inconsistent.

August 31, 2014 at 1:28 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo, I see some chinks in your armor, melon head. How was the buffet?

August 31, 2014 at 1:32 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "I don't accept your self appointment as the "go to" authority on all matters on this forum."

There is a problem with what you just typed. I've never declared myself to be any authority on all matters. I know or have learned a great deal about some things of interest to myself, but I do not enter into conversations about things I know nothing about.

You've become another who inserts false and highly charged statements routinely in this forum lately. It's become a battle to keep you grounded.

"You claim to have lost weight which is a good thing but your ego has not deflated in the least."

It's not my ego that bothers you. It's my challenging personality, one that does not like bullsh!t to be passed out like leaflets, that bothers many of you.

Opinions are always passed by, but statements of fact that are not true will always be challenged by myself.

August 31, 2014 at 1:36 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "I don't disagree totally but some machines not treated will respond accordingly, try never changing the oil or having your car serviced. However, typically machines decrease in value over time while people increase in value with time. Most people with 30+ years job experience grow and contribute proportionally while some few seem to have had 1 years experience 30+ times."

You just proved my point. Treating a human with respect and loyalty will never be the wrong thing to do, but there are people out there in the business world who view those who work for them with no more regard than they would cattle on a range.

August 31, 2014 at 1:40 p.m.

Rick, I think A&M is just that good. I doubt SC was unprepared. Hill is great. I couldn't stand Manziel. Too much of an ego. A&M seems to have all phases covered to me.

August 31, 2014 at 1:43 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "You cannot imagine how wrong you are. You are willing to make a bet you would lose. Make the bet big enough and I will prove how wrong you are."

How can you prove it? You're words in this forum belie your true personality, and I assure you, it is not good.

If you were once a people person, it was a rouse. I've known several people with split personalities, who have one face in private or anonymous settings, and one for the public.

You seem to be another who is totally ignorant of the face they display in this forum.

August 31, 2014 at 1:45 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo. Don't talk about rouses.

August 31, 2014 at 1:48 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...There is a problem with what you just typed. I've never declared myself to be any authority on all matters. I know or have learned a great deal about some things of interest to myself, but I do not enter into conversations about things I know nothing about.

There is seldom if ever anything you think you know nothing about.

alprova said...You've become another who inserts false and highly charged statements routinely in this forum lately. It's become a battle to keep you grounded.

I have not posted false statements and if I post something that is unconfirmed I point that out. My opinions such as that I think your POTUS meets the four I criteria of being Inept, Incompetent, Irresponsible, Inconsistent is an opinion that I now feel stronger about than ever while you insist he is close to the second coming and has saved the nation. Two very opposite opinions and you will not sway me with all the talking point blabber the DNC sends you.

August 31, 2014 at 2 p.m.
alprova said...

Rick1 wrote: "Jack, he is a legend in his own mind. You better be careful with Al, he may shoot you like he shot that dude in Miami back in 1987. Of course he never provided any specific details of the incident like the name of the of the so called "Dude" or the exact location or date of the shooting or what ever happened to the dude."

All of which are none of your business. Not everything that happens in this nation hits the news. A friend of mine was killed last year in this area in a motorcycle accident. Not one word ever hit one local media outlet. Not one. It's as if it never happened.

I make no secret that my politics changed, and it began in 2006. It was not complete until after 2009, when I have settled in as a Democrat.

Prior to that, I was definitely in the Republican camp, and have written very much like a Republican. I once was a die-hard Republican, believe it or not.

I owe no one an apology for my change of heart politically. I owe you no explanations, yet you seem to be having trouble with the fact that my outlook on politics has changed, and in fact has done a full 180 degree turn.

Do you believe I am alone in this? I would hope not. I know many such people, who all have decided that the political party they once supported has changed so much, that they can no longer support them.

You have no trouble with anyone who would flip from the Democrat Party to that of the Republican Party, do you? Why is it so hard for you to understand someone gravitating away from the Republican Party to become a Democrat?

I have my reasons for doing so, and have cited some of them, several times.

I was a different man prior to 2009. I admit I was wrong to be so cruel to people back then, but that's what being a Republican has become and it definitely is not my thing any longer.

I detest every thing the National Republican Party stands for these days, and I don't see myself every going back at this point.

I like the person I have become and no one is going to shame me for my transformation either.

It's your problem. It will never be mine again.

August 31, 2014 at 2:01 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

^^ All that blather has zero to do with what Rick said. You're such a pompous a$$

August 31, 2014 at 2:10 p.m.
alprova said...

Jackie the forever whining idiot wrote: "Alpo, I see some chinks in your armor, melon head. How was the buffet?"

I don't do buffets. I don't eat out on Sundays.

I eat out on Wednesday's only and that is at one restaurant in downtown Chattanooga that you'd never find in a million years that is owned by a longtime friend.

August 31, 2014 at 2:11 p.m.
fairmon said...

inq said..

So lets set the minimum wage at $18.17 (1.73X10.54), slightly over the cutoff for assistance at 200% of poverty level for a family of 3($17.82).

Why not eliminate the minimum wage requirement and create enough jobs that employers have to pay more to attract people to their jobs?

inq said...Let's set income tax as a fixed percent of income calculated on what is needed to fund the current National Budget.

That would be one major tax increase across the board for both people and corporations.

inqmind said....taking into account the ratio of personal and corporate tax payments , eliminate all deductions except for family dependents, set a minimum corporate tax of 20% and require all industry who have been incorporated in the USA since 1960, and/or who are selling product in the United States to pay on profit from those sales. No deductions.

I assume you mean no deductions other than the direct cost associated with the business? The majority of corporations would agree to that but it would not accomplish your first item of taxing people and businesses equally and sufficient to make tax revenue equal to spending.

Why do you retain deductions for family dependents? Why should I pay more taxes on the same income as you to help you afford the house full of rug rats you decided to spawn? If you are a family of four with under $85,000 annual income why should I subsidize your healthcare policy?

August 31, 2014 at 2:16 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said....How often have you TRIED to prove me incorrect and have failed to do so?

I have never tried to prove you incorrect but I have disagreed with your opinion and said so. You have a convenient memory or loss thereof.

August 31, 2014 at 2:19 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "There is seldom if ever anything you think you know nothing about."

I'm sure it seems that way at times, but the fact is I can think of lots of things that I would never argue about, because I am not interested in them and/or know nothing at all about the subject matter.

"?I have not posted false statements and if I post something that is unconfirmed I point that out. My opinions such as that I think your POTUS meets the four I criteria of being Inept, Incompetent, Irresponsible, Inconsistent is an opinion that I now feel stronger about than ever while you insist he is close to the second coming and has saved the nation."

Well I'm sure the truth of the matter does not support your opinion after all, because despite the opinions of the man by so many closeted bigots in this nation, this country is leaps and bounds better off than it was in January of 2009.

A President gets all the credit when things go bad, so I guess he deserves a pat on the back when things go right. And from my armchair, I see nothing but good for most people in this nation since 2009.

All this crowing about how bad things have been since Obama has been in office, is smoke and mirrors. There is nothing at all to back it up. The economy has improved substantially. Two more years of improvement and there will be nothing Republicans will be able to tout and run on. The negativity will be ignored.

Our involvement with two wars in the Middle East have ebbed. ObamaCare has taken root and even the Republicans have stopped their protestations and now give the appearance that they are shell-shocked, worn down, and trudging along like zombies.

"Two very opposite opinions and you will not sway me with all the talking point blabber the DNC sends you."

You know...that's the thing; I pay very little attention to talking points, and I've even stopped watching the news because the news has become a repetitive piece of crap on every channel.

The focus is on viewership and fluff, with news not being of interest to those who bring it. And what is up with all these people being fired who I'm used to seeing on television?

CNN is hiring a slew of idiots, none of which are mildly appealing to me. Carol Costello has become a traitor of late. I have no interest in hearing her latest opinions.

READ THE NEWS FOR PETE'S SAKE!!

August 31, 2014 at 2:30 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo, does your friend pay his bus boy $22 per hour? (Like you pay your car washer)

August 31, 2014 at 2:33 p.m.
alprova said...

Jackie, the dummy wrote: "^^ All that blather has zero to do with what Rick said. You're such a pompous a$$"

On contraire, it had everything to do with what Rick wrote, the first time.

I'm not interested in making what happened in Miami all those years ago the topic of the day. It was self-defense, it was handled the way it should have been, and outside of the people involved, it is no one else's business, especially Rick's.

I openly carry a firearm and have for years. I also have a conceal/carry permit as well. Because of what happened to me in Miami all those years ago, I have been legally armed wherever I go.

What Republican would have a problem with that? Are only active Republicans allowed to carry firearms?

To read Rick's comments, it would seem so, according to him.

You and Rick have a lot in common. You both like to stalk people because of little disagreements we may have had over the years.

I never carry a grudge and even forget what I argue with people over much of the time, but with some people, it gets so personal I guess.

August 31, 2014 at 2:41 p.m.
alprova said...

Jackie the introducer of false statements, wrote: "Alpo, does your friend pay his bus boy $22 per hour? (Like you pay your car washer)"

Sir, I have made it clear that I no longer own anything. Therefore I pay no one a dime. To answer your question, I have never employed a car washer. I used to do much of that myself, when I as able to do so.

As to what my friend pays his employees, that is not a subject he and I have ever discussed amongst ourselves. There are so many other glorious things to converse about on Wednesdays.

August 31, 2014 at 2:54 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo, I'm not the stalker. I don't give a scat about your gun. I'm sure you need it. Liars and libelers make enemies.

August 31, 2014 at 2:55 p.m.
rick1 said...

Al posted "I make no secret that my politics changed, and it began in 2006. It was not complete until after 2009, when I have settled in as a Democrat."

That statement is not true. You have statement many times your politics changed during the 2004 Presidential election because of the swiftboating of Kerry.

Al posted: "I was a different man prior to 2009. I admit I was wrong to be so cruel to people back then, but that's what being a Republican has become and it definitely is not my thing any longer."

Your moral and ethical values are entirely based on, which political party you belong to. That says a lot about your character Alpo, you are a very pathetic person.

Until you provide specific details to confirm the shooting actually happened I will have to say you are not being truthful.

August 31, 2014 at 2:57 p.m.
alprova said...

Jackie wrote: "Alpo, I'm not the stalker."

For sure, you've proven that lie for a couple of years now, Eh? You can't ignore me for one full day. You have to pipe up and post something caustic to me every single day I post.

"I don't give a scat about your gun. I'm sure you need it. Liars and libelers make enemies."

I'm so scared of having enemies that I post under my full name, can be found very easily any day of the week, and laugh at people like yourself for being the idiots they are.

We've settled the liar accusation. You refuse to deny that which I have no intention of bring up ever again. I have NEVER libeled you, and you know it.

August 31, 2014 at 3:07 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo, of course you've libeled me. Defrocked, bankrupt...ring any bells? You're a major liar, but not a good one.

August 31, 2014 at 3:11 p.m.
alprova said...

Rick1 wrote: "That statement is not true. You have statement many times your politics changed during the 2004 Presidential election because of the swiftboating of Kerry."

You are so correct. It was 2004 when my transformation did start. I had a memory lapse as to which exact year that was when I wrote that earlier as 2006.

"Your moral and ethical values are entirely based on, which political party you belong to. That says a lot about your character Alpo, you are a very pathetic person."

Wait just a minute. You offer that as if every single Republican, who has a very similar outlook towards people, does not base their morals and ethics based on being a Republican.

Good God man, do you ever read the comments in this forum by the Republican cheerleaders, who also profess to be Christians? It's sickening at times.

I don't see you referring to them as being pathetic. Paul Ryan, the worst of the worse, is not being called pathetic by you. Why not?

No sirree...I have not an ounce of shame for who and what I am these days. I like myself. I came off of all the anti-depressants I was on for years, more than five years ago.

I'm happy, well adjusted, with friends and family who love me very much. I'm as rich as Warren Buffet could ever think of being, metaphorically speaking.

"Until you provide specific details to confirm the shooting actually happened I will have to say you are not being truthful."

Rick, I have stated several times, every time you bring that up, that I have no problem with you believing whatever you so desire about anything.

My encounter in Miami in the late 80's is none of your business. I did not refer to it seeking your approval or verification as being a true event.

I offered it in response to your inquiry as to whether or not I had ever discharged a gun in self-defense, which was the subject of the day, at the time I offered it.

I revealed all that I am going to reveal about that incident. Whether or not you consider it to be truthful, is of no concern to myself.

That's between myself, the man who would have likely taken my life had I not shot him first, the police who investigated what went down, and God.

August 31, 2014 at 3:25 p.m.
alprova said...

Jackie the incessant whiner wrote: "Alpo, of course you've libeled me. Defrocked, bankrupt...ring any bells?"

Uh...no, it doesn't. But then, you've not denied them ever being a part of your past, have you? Guess they must be true after all.

"You're a major liar, but not a good one."

And you Sir are the most inept person I have ever encountered at defending your honor.

You don't seem to have any honor. You're proud to let your own lies about yourself stand the test of time. No one has been accusing you of a thing, and yet you continue to whine and moan about it as if they are.

How much longer are you going to keep pretending to be a victim?

WHAT THE &%*@ IS WRONG WITH YOU?

August 31, 2014 at 3:31 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova loudly shouted....

READ THE NEWS FOR PETE'S SAKE!!

So you think the print media is unbiased and prints only the facts without trying to influence the reader in any way? Do you read and agree with the NYT and Washington Post? Are the TFP & Philadelphia Inquirer recommended reading to get the most accurate news report?

I prefer those sources with no political agenda that care nothing about which party is doing what but reach a conclusion regarding what affect a political agenda is likely to have on investments.

My opinions regarding politics and politicians are mine alone for my own good reasons without influence by the media biases or other opinionated journalist or celebrities that are no more intelligent than the average person but have an audience, the groupies they call fans. They give the impression they think since all these people want to hear what I think I must be pretty smart and have more smarts and an insight they don't have.

August 31, 2014 at 3:36 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Defrocked & bankrupt don't ring bells? Like I said, you're a pitiful liar. Maybe it's because no one but me calls you out on it. And the left wing TFP enables you. Funny, in a weird way.

August 31, 2014 at 3:38 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "So you think the print media is unbiased and prints only the facts without trying to influence the reader in any way?"

Print media? I've not seen very much evidence that opinions slip into what is PRINTED, but on television Networks, it's out of control. Every channel and every anchor has an opinion and they share it routinely.

"Do you read and agree with the NYT and Washington Post? Are the TFP & Philadelphia Inquirer recommended reading to get the most accurate news report?"

I do like the TFP very much and trust most of what I read when it comes to news. Not everything printed is written locally however.

"I prefer those sources with no political agenda that care nothing about which party is doing what but reach a conclusion regarding what affect a political agenda is likely to have on investments."

Uh huh...(roll of the eyes...)

"My opinions regarding politics and politicians are mine alone for my own good reasons without influence by the media biases or other opinionated journalist or celebrities that are no more intelligent than the average person but have an audience, the groupies they call fans."

Now that is the truth. Your opinions are definitely your own, and you're on your own with most of them too.

"They give the impression they think since all these people want to hear what I think I must be pretty smart and have more smarts and an insight they don't have."

Maybe you ought to listen to them once in awhile. Some of those celebrities have a little more going on upstairs than you appear to have going on at times.

August 31, 2014 at 3:44 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

Fairmomn raised only a couple of points worth a response:

  1. fairmon sez, "Why not eliminate the minimum wage requirement and create enough jobs that employers have to pay more to attract people to their jobs?"

Your idealism faints in the face of the corporate track record. You bemoan the lack of engineers but actually the issue is locally a corp will not pay the going rate for a good one. The best way to create more jobs is to create more buying power by paying higher wages. Laissez faire has never worked.

  1. inq said...Let's set income tax as a fixed percent of income calculated on what is needed to fund the current National Budget." fairmon replies, "That would be one major tax increase across the board for both people and corporations."

Exactly, Let's hear the screams and cries if we cut programs to match current tax income; however, a necessary tax increase is suspect. If we went to a flat tax with no exemptions except for dependents (to answer your third q: who create future employees and inventors, parents should be favored as fulfilling not only a theological duty but also a social one), it is likely the total tax payment would not be much different, and the more impacted persons would probably be the ones who can easily afford it - the very high income brackets where folks take advantage of all sorts of (currently legal) dodges.

August 31, 2014 at 3:50 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

The pomposity never ends.....

August 31, 2014 at 3:51 p.m.
alprova said...

The pig squealer wrote: "Defrocked & bankrupt don't ring bells?"

Should they? I am increasingly forgetful these days.

"Like I said, you're a pitiful liar."

And you're just simply mean without a redeeming quality that one could find admirable when one thinks of your demeanor in this forum.

"Maybe it's because no one but me calls you out on it."

How effective do you believe you have been with your campaign to discredit me?

"And the left wing TFP enables you. Funny, in a weird way."

If you truly believe that all of the TFP is left-wing, then I fail to understand why it is you bother to hang out in here all day and half the night. Only idiots beat their heads against a brick wall and expect it not to hurt.

You do know that there are forums set up on this site where all you Republican cheerleaders can have a wonderful circle-jerk all day long, do you not?

I know...it's no fun patting each other on the backs all day and never being able to demonstrate your prowess as guardians of defenders of evil, stopping bullets with your bare teeth, and pounding your chests as wonderful warriors while never leaving your armchairs.

Perhaps you should pay for your access to this site as I do. Membership does have its privileges, don't you know?

Freeloaders rarely receive the consideration from others that they believe they are worthy of. In your case, it makes no matter either way, for you are and will forever be an idiot, even if you pay your way.

August 31, 2014 at 3:53 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Hahaha, Alpo says he's increasingly forgetful these days....when challenged about lies. Your thin veneer of lies seems to be cracking.

August 31, 2014 at 4:20 p.m.
alprova said...

Jackie, the whiner wrote: "Hahaha, Alpo says he's increasingly forgetful these days....when challenged about lies. Your thin veneer of lies seems to be cracking."

I thought you were the authority when it came to relating tongue-in-cheek commentary. I haven't accused you of a thing...today anyway.

Therefore, I have absolutely no idea what has you so upset with me. I do however understand why you might be upset with yourself.

You're a victim of your own personified invention.

August 31, 2014 at 4:31 p.m.
conservative said...

inquiringmind

I seldom try to figure out what you are trying to say.

However. a couple sentences of your 3:50 seemed simple enough.

One was:

"The best way to create more jobs is to create more buying power by paying higher wages."

"Higher" is not an amount, it is ideology, like "fairness" and "living wage."

This wishful thing at someone else's expense is just wishful thinking at someone else's expense.

I could easily top that with "everyone should be happy and prosperous and healthy and not have to worry about their next pay check.

See how easy it is to be a Liberal.

Now that I have appealed to your emotions, do I have your vote?

August 31, 2014 at 4:47 p.m.
alprova said...

The concept of disposable income is very lost on some people, mainly those who have pom poms in their hands for the Republican party.

Republican politicians don't believe in disposable income, when it comes to wages, that is...except for their own of course.

The cheerleaders will vote against their self-interest every time.

August 31, 2014 at 5:06 p.m.
fairmon said...

inqmind said...(to answer your third q: who create future employees and inventors, parents should be favored as fulfilling not only a theological duty but also a social one),

Do you mean people only have kids to get a tax deduction? It is not a theological requirement to have kids and certainly not a social duty. People will continue adding to the world's over population regardless of the tax system. Are you among those that think marriage and commitment can only exist if a government approves by selling the couple a state license?

Once you increase the lowest paid job compensation level all the levels above that will retain the current percent differential therefore the entire organization from top to bottom will have higher pay rates. The two political parties do more to deter growth and jobs than either contribute. Your approach of just pay everyone more and tax businesses at a standard 20% would create more chaos and inflation than you can imagine. The number at or below the poverty line which would be much higher than currently would not change.

I do think athletes, entertainers, CEO's and upper management in most corporations and unions are vastly over paid and certainly exceed their contribution. Lawyers are parasites. It wouldn't help much but I could accept those making more than one million per year being taxed at a 50% rate of all in excess of one million. The profession that does contribute to peoples well being and society is the most vilified by politicians and people is the medical profession.

August 31, 2014 at 7:19 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said......Maybe you ought to listen to them once in awhile. Some of those celebrities have a little more going on upstairs than you appear to have going on at times.

There is another of your opinions that is a result of not agreeing with your bleeding heart liberalism with other peoples money.

August 31, 2014 at 7:24 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

ole connie can''t understand logical thinking anyway, and thinks poor folk ought to eat cake, or dirt, I don't know why she even asks about it.

Fairmon, though seeks to have a reasonable discourse,

You may feel that you do not want to have children and that is your choice. There is an implicit encouragement in Judeo-Christian theology to "be fruitful and multiply." Does that make Christians who choose not to have children (by using birth control, or by physical incapability, or homosexual relationship, for example) less Christian? Connie may say "yes," but my take is "no." However, good people having more children helps society overall.

The primary question is how does one ensure positive values and ethics propagate over time? A primary way is through the family.

From a practical point of view, having at least two children ensures there will be wage earners in the future to keep the Social Security fund solvent. Having at least two children and raising them in a good home environment requires a decent wage as the numbers show that I mentioned in earlier posts. Having these children educated in highly effective schools by qualified, well paid teachers enhances the chance the children will pursue high-value and productive careers. Such also enhances economic and industrial growth.

Should only parents with children get the only personal deductions? Probably.

My 20% rate for corporations is simply a straw man, the proper number needs to be determined. Nevertheless, it is not necessarily so that higher wages will lead to unacceptable inflation. It may lead to some inflation which most economists think is beneficial.

Unless you choose to argue a capitalist approach cannot work, then paying the true cost of producing goods and selling them appropriately must lead to economic stability.

This is certainly true when you take greed into account. Consider that income beyond a certain point is superfluous as far as essential needs are concerned. The apostle Paul said, "The ones that have much should not have too much and the ones who have little should not have too little."

So yes, there is a theological imperative to ensure the poor are not so poor as to be destitute in order that the wealthy can enjoy largesse at their expense.

An aside: Most people do not think all lawyers are parasites, only the lawyers of others.

August 31, 2014 at 8:42 p.m.
patriot1 said...

Alpo (or all-pooh) keeps demonstrating why he has become such a pariah on this forum.

August 31, 2014 at 9:51 p.m.
alprova said...

patriot1, you know that the only reason you consider me to be a pariah, is because you cannot stand toe to toe with me on any issue and win any points.

Oh...and by the way, if I am the outcast, where is it you spend your time each day?

Popping in once every couple of months or so to take pot shots at someone doesn't exactly make you Mr. Popularity, now does it?

Of course Republican cheerleaders hate my guts. They cannot refute facts and truths to justify their caste system, financial selfishness and greed, and social injustice.

August 31, 2014 at 10:14 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Just one more that's got your number, lie boy. Bwahaha

August 31, 2014 at 10:22 p.m.
alprova said...

Jackie, you really need to STFU, because you haven't been around in this forum long enough to know the history between most people in it.

Some people get butt-hurt, just like you do, and there's nothing I can do about that if they take everything so personal.

It's never personal with me. When I finish typing it, it's over as far as I'm concerned.

You are an exception to that rule. I am determined to make everything personal, because you work so hard to keep everything personal when you type.

But, as I wrote awhile ago, you are the biggest idiot I have ever encountered, because you have no personal honor, nor are you even interested in preserving any honor for yourself.

I believe you would cop to a murder if you were ever questioned about one.

You are such a child, when it comes down to it. Read your last post and see if you don't see how juvenile your posts have become.

Come to think of it, it's a shame you weren't born a female, because you are a perfect bitch.

August 31, 2014 at 10:53 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

You're nuts Anthony. You accuse me of vile things and I'm supposed to take it from you? You don't even have the balls to produce evidence. Murder? Hell, I'm surprised you haven't accused me of that. Personal? I only get personal with liars like you. You're the one lacking even a shread of decency. Get off your high horse. You're creds are slipping as people begin to get savvy to your lies. Who's butt hurt now?

August 31, 2014 at 11:02 p.m.
alprova said...

Jackie, the butt-hurt moron wrote: "You're nuts Anthony. You accuse me of vile things and I'm supposed to take it from you?"

I haven't accused you of a thing lately. You're the only one playing the victim and you created it all on your own.

I'm simply refusing to play along anymore and it's driving you up a wall.

"You don't even have the balls to produce evidence."

Evidence to what? I'm not offering any accusations.

"Murder? Hell, I'm surprised you haven't accused me of that."

Why would I?

"Personal? I only get personal with liars like you."

Now who's lying AGAIN? You type personal comments to EVERYONE whom you do not agree with. You attack people in this forum EVERY SINGLE DAY.

You are a bitch. You bitch, bitch, bitch at anyone who posts a comment you do not agree with. You never discuss anything. You bitch.

"You're the one lacking even a shread of decency. Get off your high horse. You're creds are slipping as people begin to get savvy to your lies."

I haven't posted any lies, especially not about you Jackie. If I had, you'd have stated that any or all accusations were not true.

You deny nothing, everyone has read nothing in the form of denial from you and you and I both know why. You know I CAN prove what I have posted in the past.

"Who's butt hurt now?"

By you? Hilarious!! You're a total idiot to believe you have scored one point in this forum. You're the butt end of all your accusations.

August 31, 2014 at 11:26 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Approval says "I haven't accused you of a thing lately". Ok, Anthony, I'll overlook the 400+ post accusing me of everything from being an excommunicated priest! a bankruptee! and a sex offender. No problem, pal. No harm, no foul. you are nuts

August 31, 2014 at 11:35 p.m.
fairmon said...

inqmind said... "The ones that have much should not have too much and the ones who have little should not have too little."

Karl Marx said something very similar. The writings of men in the bible talked about such things, what did Jesus say? Who said give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a many to fish and he can feed himself for life...or something like that. Do we teach people to fish or discourage fishing with food stamps, section 8 housing, subsidized healthcare and various other disincentives to be self sufficient.

inqmind said..From a practical point of view, Having at least two children and raising them in a good home environment requires a decent wage as the numbers show that I mentioned in earlier posts. Having these children educated in highly effective schools by qualified, well paid teachers enhances the chance the children will pursue high-value and productive careers. Such also enhances economic and industrial growth.

What you say is true but nothing in this statement justifies me and others helping fund the raising of those precious rug rats. Those that can afford two or more would have them without assistance from others. The problem is those that can't afford and provide for them often due to prior bad decisions that think they are doing the world a favor by the proliferation of their gene pool then demanding assistance.

inqmind.. Your theory of taxing businesses and increasing prices to enable paying the tax and paying workers more reduces volume and profits from exports and increases the trade imbalance while increasing the incentive for the internationals and others if possible to relocate to another country.

Are you confident a higher wage throughout the employer hierarchy would cause minimal inflation or would it result in deflation and a depression? When you increase the lowest wage then each level will maintain the same percent differential between levels. The proposed doubling of the lowest wage will result in doubling of the highest wage level and those in between to maintain the margin between levels. This margin is the incentive for people to advance to the more difficult and critical jobs.

inqmind said.. having at least two children ensures there will be wage earners in the future to keep the Social Security fund solvent.

At least you acknowledge that the social security system is a Ponzi scheme. I think it should be eliminated. Madoff and others are in jail for operating in a similar fashion because they didn't have the authority to mandate that new investors invest in their scheme in order to pay the earlier investors. What will it cost those working and their employers when there are only 2-3 working for each one drawing? We will know the answer to that in around 20 years if major changes are not made which cannot be done and be elected to another term.

September 1, 2014 at 12:30 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...

The concept of disposable income is very lost on some people.

It certainly is when you and a few others advocate that you or those you deem deserving want to dispose of my income.

September 1, 2014 at 12:38 a.m.
alprova said...

Jackie whined: "Ok, Anthony, I'll overlook the 400+ post accusing me of everything from being an excommunicated priest! a bankruptee! and a sex offender. No problem, pal. No harm, no foul. you are nuts"

You might as well overlook them and move the %*^& on with your life, because it is doing you no good to whine about a thing, given your demeanor in this forum.

You want nice, you make nice.

You live your entire life in denial. You deny everything you have ever done or ever written. You are an expert at projecting everything you are guilty of, onto others.

I'm moving on from you and your problems. No longer will I waste time making them my problems.

September 1, 2014 at 12:43 a.m.
alprova said...

I previously posted: "The concept of disposable income is very lost on some people."

"It certainly is when you and a few others advocate that you or those you deem deserving want to dispose of my income."

I have never advocated disposing of a dime of your income.

As inquiringmind has been trying to instill into your brain, when people earn a living wage, as it was when Democrats had complete control of Congress for 40 years, everyone thrived and the American dream was no more apparent than back then.

Everything you bitch about began when Republicans were elected into power. Everything.

The Republicans have all but dismantled the middle class. They fostered the environment which allowed businesses to relocate overseas and to be allowed to take a tax deduction for doing it.

Wages have gone straight down in this nation. Disposable income is ridiculously low. So who is able to buy the goods and services when people are barely able to pay their monthly bills?

Since I have been alive, it has been a factual observation that when Democrats are in charge for a decent length of time, times are good for all.

When Republicans are in charge, the vital signs of this nation destabilize and start going downhill, EVERY SINGLE time.

Look at the House of Representatives for the first clue how ridiculous Republicans have become. They sit on their hands, do nothing for two solid years, and these people believe they deserve to be re-elected?

Ludicrous.

I understand people with money voting for Republicans, but what I don't understand are people who receive their income from Social Security, who are on Medicare, who hear most Republican politicians state that if it were up to them, they would do away with all "entitlements," voting for the SOB's.

They hold the Republicans as heroes despite the fact that they want to put each and every one who is retired in the poor house, but good.

Medical? They want you dead. They hope you die. They want to raise the eligibility date for Social Security full benefits to the age of 70.

And some of you vote for these goal post movers every time the polls open.

I don't understand it.

You truly vote against your own self interests, and for what I have not the first clue.

Maybe someone will offer a serious answer to that question.

September 1, 2014 at 12:57 a.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.