As hilarious as this one is as it is, had Sarah Palin been 'a ridin' on the mascot, I would have laughed out loud.
I can hear a couple of moans and groans already...
As I understand it, they drain the polluted life's blood of the relic and add a solution that seizes the power plant, rendering the junker unusable and unable to do further environmental damage.
Then they send the outdated, inefficient, and unsafe clunker to a scrap yard, saving the few usable parts that may be found, and finally crush the hulk for recycling into something still useful in a 21st century society.
Obviously, the pads were badly sintered from riding the brake pedal all year, and no one will have a use for a faulty trickle down or deregulator from a 1985 Gipper, but there's hope that they may be able to free that frozen steering wheel and adapt it to a new platform in time for the next race.
You forgot to mention or show the exhaust system on any of them!
It may be old but it was only driven by a little old lady to Church on Sunday.
I'm afraid the driver of the quite colorful pachyderm will find he is out of luck. As I understand it, "Cash for Clunkers" is only meant for models less than 25 years old and still in good running condition.
Of course, as earlier stated, emissions could pose a problem as well, but (no pun intended) that could be the least of the G.O.P.'s problems.
(G)ood luck (O)ld (P)achyderm...
Thank you for your time and attention,
Just another bill our Senator from the Great State of Tennessee voted against. I guess there was no kick back for him. Also it does not benifit his rich friends who all drive new 70K dollar cars.
I reread most of the last blog, and I'm going to assume you read the article for which I posted the disturbing URL. Sorry I skipped over the last part of your last comment.
I'm not from TN. Was it a State or National Bill?
Clara, I did read it, and had before. As I said...I'm lost for a cohesive opinion on that subject. It's just too far out there.
Alternate title: "ZACH for WAMPum"
I have a 1988 Ford Tempo with 340,000 miles on it (really!) that runs o.k. As a 70 year old retiree, do I "See the Marshall" or do I see the folks at the Scooter Store?
Thank you, Alprova!
Now back to Clunkers!
The lack of comments on this is cracking me up. No one...except for the same 5 or 6 ultra libs that kiss this guy's @ss every day...buys this.
Keep living in a dream world my friends. People are starting to figure out what this President is really about and they don't like it. Unfortunately, they were force fed BS from the get-go by people like Clay, ABC, MSNBC, CNN, etc...but alas, the truth always comes out.
Approval ratings at about 54% and slipping more and more. I'd say by the time December rolls around, it'll be below 50. Country headed in the right direction...36%. Congressional job approval...28%. No wonder they're trying to pass the socialist agenda within the first year. After these next elections in a year, you may not be able to.
Now, instead of propaganda, how 'bout some facts? Here are some juicy nuggets from the Health Bill:
● Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and benefits you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals
● Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free healthcare services.
● Page 58: Every person will be issued a National ID Health card.
● Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community organizer health plans (read: SEIU, UAW and ACORN)
● Page 126: Employers MUST pay healthcare bills for part-time
employees AND their families.
● Page 149: Any employer with a payroll of $400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays an 8% tax on payroll
● Page 150: Any employer with a payroll of $250K-400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays a 2 to 6% tax on payroll
● Page 167: Any individual who doesn’t' have acceptable healthcare (according to the government) will be taxed 2.5% of income.
● Page 170: Any NON-RESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes (Americans will pay for them).
● Page 241: Doctors: no matter what specialty you have, you'll all be paid the same (thanks, AMA!)
● Page 253: Government sets value of doctors' time, their
professional judgment, etc.
● Page 354: Government will restrict enrollment of SPECIAL NEEDS individuals.
● Page 425: Government provides approved list of end-of-life
resources, guiding you in death.
OH BOY...I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
It may be old but it was only driven by a little old lady to Argentine on Friday and Saturday nights.
I wonder who advised the President on this Health Bill. He has obviously NOT gotten the word from those affected.
OOPS! Wrong Blog! SORRY!
"I have a 1988 Ford Tempo with 340,000 miles on it (really!) that runs o.k."
Holy smoke batman, that is nearly unbelievable. You must maintain it like an aircraft.
If you've had that kind of luck with a Ford, I'd suggest you cruise on down to the Marshall and get hooked up with one of those Fusion Hybrids. They're getting great reviews. A bit spendy, but the kids who are in grade school now will cover $4500 of the cost, to be paid back, with interest, when they join the workforce.