A man has been sent to the hospital after the temporary 28' x 8' travel trailer he was using for the holidays was found engulfed in flames at 4:15 Christmas morning.
The popping and cracking of the fire at 12724 Calypso Lane in Sale Creek reportedly woke the occupant up so that he was able to escape, Hamilton County Emergency Services Chief Tony Reavley said.
An electric space heater too close to the bed is believed to be the cause of the fire, Reavley said.
The man is being treated for smoke and heat inhalation and was transported by Hamilton County EMS to Erlanger, emergency services reports. Reavley said the extent of the man's injuries isn't available at this time.
Firefighters were on the scene for about two and a half hours, he added, noting that estimated damage is approximately $7,500.
Harrison Keely is a web producer and live blogger for the Times Free Press. He also handles social media and oversees the paper’s Facebook and Twitter pages. He joined the Chattanooga Times Free Press as a reporter in 2010. Harrison previously served as managing editor of the Smoky Mountain Sentinel in western North Carolina and as a business reporter for the Washington Times in Washington, D.C. He graduated from Lee University in 2009 where he ...