published Thursday, November 18th, 2010

Sarah

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

128
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
librul said...

More like "insert America's obituary here".

November 18, 2010 at 12:19 a.m.
AndrewLohr said...

"Paid for by the Committee to Re-Elect the President?"

She's still an ink blot, telling us more about our hopes and fears than about herself.

Obviously has some ability, but does she have a vision? Ronald Reagan, derided like her as a mere pretty face, had governed California for 8 years and had, as a media commentator for 20-odd years, thought about things and set forth a vision. She governed for two years and'll have about four as a commentator by A.D. 2012.

To prevail and to govern well, I think she needs to be saying something like "I trust you to make your own decisions, and correct them if they turn out badly. President Obama wants to babysit you and run your lives. My system works because it lets everyone use their brains and hands. His doesn't because, good as his brains are, he won't let us use ours. His paternalism is loathsome." (But see paragraph 2.)

November 18, 2010 at 12:25 a.m.
acerigger said...

Andrew,huh???(you've been drinking, or what?)

November 18, 2010 at 1:07 a.m.
acerigger said...

There is no "punchline" for the Dominionist zealots backing her ticket.

November 18, 2010 at 1:14 a.m.
alprova said...

PALIN IN 2012

"I've been studeein sum new tawkin poynts!!"

November 18, 2010 at 1:30 a.m.
alprova said...

Anyone catch this?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/16/willow-palin-facebook-posts_n_784585.html

Bristol and Willow Palin demonstrate their own illiteracy and how self-proclaiming conservative offspring handle a little criticism and questions about their Grizzly Mama Bear.

Warning!! - Posting contains foul language!!

November 18, 2010 at 1:39 a.m.
acerigger said...

sounds like those Palin kids have had no adult supervision.Jes curious,ain't a mama bear commonly referred to as a sow? (sorry,I couldn't resist that)

November 18, 2010 at 2:22 a.m.
hambone said...

If Palin runs her VP choice will be very important because after two years..................

November 18, 2010 at 2:42 a.m.
woody said...

I don't want to talk about Sarah (I think I'll move on to something else now) Palin. Let's speak, instead, of Bristol and her surprising victory on DWTS. Too bad she's not yet old enough to run for president..(tongue in cheek, tongue in cheek).

Hey, if she ends up beating Jennifer (Ms."Dirty Dancing" herself) Grey and winning it all, who knows what she could accomplish..(okay, tongue is getting tired of being in cheek now).

On second thought..are we really ready for a Sarah or a Bristol in the White House just yet?? I mean isn't there already a show running called the "Biggest Loser?"

Smile, Woody

November 18, 2010 at 6:17 a.m.
EaTn said...

It's true Palin is a joke, but the sad thing is folks have gotten do dummed-down by fake talk and news shows in this country that many think she is brilliant. Add that to the big-money buyoffs and we may just fill-in the punchline with "Ms.President in 2013".

November 18, 2010 at 6:51 a.m.
alprova said...

Mrs. Palin amazingly declared in an interview yesterday with the New York Times that she believes that she could beat President Obama in 2012.

She's going to first, have to beat the other 11 men who plan to throw their hat in that same ring.

I truly hope she runs. Watching her fellow Republicans send her back to Alaska with her tail between her legs will be immensely entertaining.

I think the quote of the year belongs to White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs:

"If I would have told you that I could open up a Facebook account or a Twitter account, simply post quotes, and have the White House asked about those, and to have the entire White House press corps focused on your quote of the day on Twitter -- that’s Sarah Palin."

Sarah Palin's response? "I just tweet; that’s just the way I roll."

Does she really think that cutesy tweets are going to propel her into the White House?

I don't know about that, but she is certainly banking on News Corp. as the one media group to shape and mold her image until she does make any announcement as to whether or not she is going to stake her claim.

She whined, "That’s the most frustrating thing for me -- the warped and perverted description of my record and what I’ve accomplished over the last two decades. It’s been much more perplexing to me than where the lamestream media has wanted to go about my personal life. And other candidates haven’t faced these criticisms the way I have."

Uh...Mrs. Palin, maybe that's because none of the other candidates haven't quit two elected posts, nor have they repeatedly proven themselves to be as ignorant when it comes to issues that most tenth graders could write a decent report about from sheer memory.

If anyone is responsible for criticisms of her personal life, she is the one to blame for that. She has opened the door repeatedly to those kind of criticisms by attacking other people, consistently.

Please run for President, Mrs. Palin. I look forward to those "deer in the headlight" moments that will be surely be forthcoming, when your fellow Republican candidates fail to be gracious towards you, fail to faint or fawn over you when you present yourself to them, and who will assuredly get to the heart of the matter, by exposing you for the dim-lit bulb that you truly are.

November 18, 2010 at 7:48 a.m.
mmlj said...

Palin in 2012.

Because Clay has no other ideas for a cartoon.

November 18, 2010 at 8:17 a.m.
blackwater48 said...

Palin in 2012

Let's Get It Over With

November 18, 2010 at 8:50 a.m.
whatsthefuss said...

OK you SHEEPLE, sing along . All Ya'll know the words!!! Free at last!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI4zuU...

November 18, 2010 at 8:53 a.m.
hambone said...

I hope she runs. I sure will vote for her!

In the primary!

November 18, 2010 at 9:48 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

I sure hope the republicans can come up with a stonger candidate than Palin, but I still think we would be better off today if Palin was in the whitehouse instead of Barack Obama. (I know, she was not running for prez)

I still laugh at the notion that people thought Obama was qualified to be President but Palin was not. I think he has been the worst President to date.

November 18, 2010 at 10:04 a.m.
BobMKE said...

I think a better fit for Sarah Palin would be the Chairperson of the Republican Party. My opinion on how Barack Obama came to become President is after he gave a very articulate speech at the 2004 Democratic Convention. The liberal faction of the Chicago political machine then recruited him, (an empty suit) groomed him, molded him, used his narcissistic ego, to get him to run for President. There is no way, in my opinion, that Obama said, “I want to run for President and I’m going out and assemble my team using Rahm Emanuel, and David Axelrod.” Now he is our President and is on track to be even worst then Jimmy Carter. (Who’s very happy about this) Now that the Democratic Party has moved to the right that leaves the liberal wing of the party out of the loop. As in the past, the Democrats will come back to power, but the far left wing of the party will be back in power only after Tiger Woods is on a Wheaties box. I also believe that Hillary will resign from her post and run against Obama, and win.

November 18, 2010 at 10:06 a.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Palin . . . Sarah Palin . . . Wasn’t she that former governor in Alaska who drove the Republicans and their tea party off that Bridge to Nowhere?

November 18, 2010 at 10:41 a.m.
Sailorman said...

Clay must be suffering a creativity block.

He gives us another tiresome, not to mention lacking in originality, Palin bash. Maybe he could do one with TSA screening in the background and Bin Laden in front saying "mission accomplished".

Originally on the TSA article but I think it's such a great idea for a cartoon, I put it here too! :)

November 18, 2010 at 12:53 p.m.
EaTn said...

Let's cut Clay some slack- the news in general is suffering from the post-election syndrome. The same leaders are back in the House and Senate- they just swapped seats. Bristol is still dancing, and so is Rangel. Osama is still in hiding. They really are digging in the bottom of the barrel when the top headlines shows someone getting patted-down in the airport, and that was a passenger.

November 18, 2010 at 1:13 p.m.
alprova said...

BobMKE wrote: "I think a better fit for Sarah Palin would be the Chairperson of the Republican Party."


Who'd nominate her? Her track record, in terms of percentage of straw vote polling received at Republican sponsored events, is in the single digits.


"My opinion on how Barack Obama came to become President is after he gave a very articulate speech at the 2004 Democratic Convention. The liberal faction of the Chicago political machine then recruited him, (an empty suit) groomed him, molded him, used his narcissistic ego, to get him to run for President."


But of course. Why not repeat the talking points of Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, O'Reilly, Boortz, etc.? Do you have any original thoughts of your own?

Why is it that whenever the subject of Sarah Palin is brought up, do all the little Sarah Palin minions begin bashing President Obama? Clearly, that is all she is about.

And yet, over the last two years, the President has said little about her in response, except when she crossed the line and offered pure and unadulterated lies, something she has become rather famous for telling.

When the day comes that she has to go up against those who intend to run for President, and who are clearly more qualified to do so, it's going to be nothing but pure entertainment. The President won't even be a part of that vetting process.

Sarah Palin will never see the day that she will be the Republican nominee for President.


"Now that the Democratic Party has moved to the right that leaves the liberal wing of the party out of the loop."


Maybe you didn't pay attention to the voting results. All but eight of the Blue Dogs were voted out of office by their districts.


"As in the past, the Democrats will come back to power, but the far left wing of the party will be back in power only after Tiger Woods is on a Wheaties box."


Before we start making predictions, let's see what a Republican dominated Congress manages to "accomplish" over the next year or so.


"I also believe that Hillary will resign from her post and run against Obama, and win."


Hillary has already stated that she has no intention of seeking the Presidency in either 2012 or 2016.

Didn't you get the memo?

November 18, 2010 at 2:20 p.m.
EaTn said...

Hillary Clinton--why would she want to relinquish one of the most influential and important positions in the world to become the whipping "girl" of every wing-nut in the country. In addition, her job keeps her away from Bill long enough to forget to remember to forget him.

November 18, 2010 at 2:45 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

I note Palin’s good buddy Mitch McConnell was in the news today.

He says it’s unconstitutional to use the taxpayer’s money to pay for healthcare for the taxpayer. It is constitutionally correct, however, to use the taxpayer’s money to pay for his healthcare.

He also says healthcare reform will lead to increased spending and government-run death panels. Clearly, only the insurance industry has the right to increase costs and operate death panels.

November 18, 2010 at 2:51 p.m.
daver said...

Sarah Palin is too much woman for you liberal men, and you liberal women are jealous of her. She can beat El Presidente Obama today.

Elena Kagan is an acceptable woman to you liberal men and women, sexually ambiguous and a hard left winger.

November 18, 2010 at 2:52 p.m.
daver said...

The last time I came on this site was a couple of months ago. It was nearly 100% liberal, same today.

Paul Krugman spilled the beans of what the left has in mind on a sunday talk show last sunday. Anyone over 75 watch out, the left wants you gone.

El Presidente Obama has the unborn and the elderly in the crosshairs.

Bang!!

November 18, 2010 at 3:31 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Re Daver: "Sarah Palin is too much woman for you liberal men, and you liberal women are jealous of her."

Sarah, is that you?

November 18, 2010 at 3:37 p.m.
daver said...

Oh, in keeping with the tradition of El Presidente Obama, when a Republican attempted to engage him in debate after the election of 2008, I say to the liberals on here, you lost!

November 18, 2010 at 3:41 p.m.

I see the obsession with Mama Grizzly continues...

November 18, 2010 at 3:54 p.m.
acerigger said...

Daver, it took you 2 mos. to think up your brilliant comments? Come back in 6 mos. and you'll probably astound everyone!

November 18, 2010 at 3:56 p.m.
EaTn said...

Regarding the right-wing accusation of health care reform promoting death panels:

The truth is that a provision for an honest discussion with your doctor or caregiver about how to deal with a terminal illness was shot down in the final version because of these idiotic statements.

The truth also is that the right-wingers want to cut funding on the major lifeline to the elderly, Medicare and Social Security, and leave them to ultimately die an earler death.

November 18, 2010 at 3:57 p.m.
acerigger said...

R.I.P. Bookie.

November 18, 2010 at 3:58 p.m.
daver said...

Paul Krugman, is that you!

November 18, 2010 at 4:08 p.m.
softnotes37 said...

What about the President’s idea about the stimulus money that we the tax payer put up to save GM? Oh how I wished I could be part of this moment in time with GM. I just don’t have the money.

I would like to see you give a cartoon editorial about the return on the stimulus money. What is the return? Should China be allowed to play or any other country?

November 18, 2010 at 4:49 p.m.
moonpie said...

Sarah Palin in 2012 "A Space Oddyssey"

Sarah Palin in 2012 "No Hopey, No Changey"

Sarah Palin in 2012 "You Betcha!"

Sarah Palin in 2012 Because there won't be a 2013!

Sarah Palin in 2012 America's Looking for Answers So is Sarah...

Sarah Palin in 2012 So Far Right, How Could She Be Wrong

Sarah Palin in 2012 Because We Couldn't Do Worse

Sarah Palin in 2012 The Lowest Common Demonimator

Sarah Palin in 2012 Oh S#*%!


We should do Obama tomorrow. I'm done for the day, though. Ok, just a couple.

Obama in 2012 Do You Like Salt on Your Taxes?

Obama in 2012 Still Biden Time

Obama in 2012 My Hopes Have Changed

Obama in 2012 Keep Vegetables in the White House

November 18, 2010 at 5:04 p.m.
daver said...

Obama is your man, guys! America is being molested literally and figuratively. George Bush was not a conservative. Obama is a liberal's dream though. Make that a wet dream. Y'all wish you were still asleep, don't you?

How about, Palin - 2012 Finally some cajones in the White House.

November 18, 2010 at 5:32 p.m.
ITguy said...

moonpie,

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. Best post of the day. You are my new hero!

November 18, 2010 at 5:34 p.m.
daver said...

PALIN-2012 We need a POTUS with cajones!

November 18, 2010 at 5:35 p.m.
SCOTTYM said...

I'll second the nomination for mp.

"Obama in 2012 My Hopes Have Changed"

That's my favorite.

"Sarah Palin in 2012 "A Space Oddyssey""

That one is a riot.

Both of them should be printed up on stickers, or T's.

November 18, 2010 at 8:48 p.m.
Clara said...

Is this posted already?

Sarah Palin in 2012 No 2013

November 18, 2010 at 9:32 p.m.
SavartiTN said...

I hope that they elect Palin. Then people will think that Obama was that SECOND worst president ever.

November 18, 2010 at 9:54 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Re EaTn: “a provision for an honest discussion with your doctor or caregiver about how to deal with a terminal illness was shot down in the final version because of these idiotic statements."

After reading about the business practices of some of these health insurers and some of the class action lawsuits filed under the Racketeer Influenced and Corruption Act against them, I’d say the insurance lobbyists were probably responsible for that one.

Some of their practices are beyond belief. I read about one antiracketeering lawsuit in Texas where Blue Cross was forced to agree to implement policies that “makes sure patients are entitled to receive medically necessary care as determine by a physician exercising clinically prudent judgment in accordance with generally accepted standards of medical practice.”

http://www.texmed.org/Template.aspx?id=5796

November 18, 2010 at 10:40 p.m.
daver said...

Keep up the Palin attacks, guys, it's making her more popular.

Ms. Mountainlaurel, my wife is a nurse and it's pretty much 100% that all the nurses she knows, and doctors, don't want the government to stick its nose in their business.

We know a lot of doctors and nurses and the perception is that politicians just view med- ical professionals as pawns without regard to how difficult their jobs are and how much they sacrificed to get there.

The very idea that a man as ignornant and lacking in any accomplishment in the private sector as Obama is, can push around and critique hard work- ing professionals is a travesty.

November 19, 2010 at 12:08 a.m.
alprova said...

It would seem that not everyone over at Fox News is exactly thrilled with Sarah Palin;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2hhtroS49I

Oops!!

November 19, 2010 at 1:41 a.m.
woody said...

After reading Moonpie's post from last evening I was inspired to write this little ditty. I hope some of you will enjoy it. Temporarily, it may be sung to the tune of "M-O-T-H-E-R."

P..is for the pains that she may give me,

A..is for the place those pains may be,

L..is for the lies she may have told us,

I..is for "I Quit" you see,

N..means never, never, never, never, never.

Now put them altogether..they spell Palin..I think we'd all fare better with Tina Fey........

Okay, so it didn't exactly rhyme or flow as well as it should have. But it came from my heart.

TTFN, Woody

November 19, 2010 at 6:15 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

Great post moonpie. We won't hold our breath on the chance to do Obama though.

November 19, 2010 at 7:48 a.m.
alprova said...

Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, but I don't find her to be attractive at all. Her screeching voice and messages consisting of pure negativity turn me off to the woman.

And she's not dumb, necessarily, but her knowledge is extremely limited. Clearly, her looks have helped to promote her into positions that otherwise, she would never have been offered or elected to.

The mindset that I will never come to understand, are those who will bash the President for being an "empty suit," despite all the evidence to the contrary, who will then turn and claim that Sarah Palin is more qualified to lead this nation, when the fact is that this woman's knowledge base is that of a average high-school dropout.

I don't fault her for using her looks to some advantage in life. More power to her. If she wants to find fame and fortune, fine. She's done it. But the thought that she feels she is qualified to be this nation's leader is horrifying. The thought that there are people so irrational and mesmerized with her, to the point that they would vote her into the position as President, is a nightmare that does not seem to be ending.

That said, I am not worried one bit that she will be nominated as a Presidential contender, but she appears to be poised to become a very large thorn in the side of those who are infinitely more qualified for the position, over the coming two years.

John McCain created a monster, and it would be very interesting to be able to tap into his private thoughts as to whether or not he would make the same decision if he could make it again. I dare offer that had he made a wiser choice in 2008, he would have captured the election.

I'm not sure where we would be now as a nation, had that had been the case, but Sarah Palin would be a virtual unknown entity, that's for sure.

November 19, 2010 at 7:52 a.m.
EaTn said...

There are two voices that come to mind that send my eardrums into shock as much or more than Palin's: one is Limbaugh and the other is Gingrich.

November 19, 2010 at 8:05 a.m.
EaTn said...

daver wrote "Keep up the Palin attacks, guys, it's making her more popular."

Didn't you mean to say "more notorius"?

November 19, 2010 at 8:12 a.m.
pmcauley said...

As a proud democrat I would have to BEG Palin to run. Politics would be more entertaining: Clay would have a great time and a surfeit of ideas! Where do I contribute?

November 19, 2010 at 8:38 a.m.
rolando said...

Looks like she will be competing against Biden...

Read it at http://www.waynemadsenreport.com/

[Yet another test of the TFP's claimed renewed policy of Freedom of Dissenting Opinion.]

"Wayne Madsen has shown himself to be a very credible journalist in the past and if the information he writes about is true, it is very alarming. There has been a lot of speculation of late on this subject and recent reports from insiders wishing to remain anonymous are circulating that Obama needed to be sedated. It has been reported that sedatives were applied many times, through hypodermic needles to calm him down. Though these reports cannot be validated, it raises dire questions about Obama being able to fulfill his duties."

quote President Obama was urged by the few White House insiders from whom he still takes advice to leave the country on his ten-day Asian trip, his longest trip abroad since becoming president, in order to not inflict any more damage to the Democratic Party in the wake of one of the worst electoral defeats for the party of an incumbent president in recent history. According to sources close to the White House, who put themselves in great danger by even talking to members of the media, the plans to have Obama leave for a visit to India, Pakistan, Indonesia, South Korea, and Japan are an attempt to get Obama out of the country while top Democrats can sort through the political disaster created for the party by Obama's increasingly detached-from-reality presidency.

Virtual political guerrilla warfare has broken out between Obama's inner circle on one hand and senior Democratic officials, including outgoing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Democratic Party strategist James Carville, former Democratic National Committee chairman Howard Dean, and, behind-the-scenes, Vice President Joe Biden and former President Bill Clinton, on the other.

Top Democrats are still reeling from Obama's bizarre behavior at a $7500-a-plate fundraiser at a stately mansion at Brown University in Rhode Island on October 25. The fundraiser, organized by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, was supposed to highlight Democratic Party unity. However, while Obama endorsed Democratic House candidate David Cicilline for outgoing Representative Patrick Kennedy's seat, the president failed to endorse Democratic gubernatorial candidate Frank Caprio over Republican-turned-independent former Senator Lincoln Chafee. Obama's lack of an endorsement for a Democrat over a former Republican prompted Caprio to tell a radio show host that Obama "could take his endorsement and really shove it as far as I’m concerned." [continued page down]

November 19, 2010 at 8:55 a.m.
rolando said...

continues:

Later that day, Obama briefly appeared at the fundraiser at Brown University, where Democratic loyalists paid $7500 to hear Obama speak, but departed after only twenty minutes, telling the assembled guests that he had to go back to the White House to "tuck in my daughters, walk the dog, and 'scoop the poop.'" The Democratic faithful were appalled and shocked at Obama's quick departure and one of the three reasons he gave for it: to scoop up dog turds as if the President of the United States actually performs such tasks with a phalanx of White House staff and Secret Service agents at his disposal.

Vice President Biden knows too well about Obama's lack of attention to his daily tasks of being president. The details of the fiasco at Brown soon were conveyed to Biden by his two old Democratic Senate colleagues from Rhode Island: Jack Reed and Sheldon Whitehouse. Biden was not amused about Obama's dissing of the Democrats in Rhode Island. A week later, Chafee defeated Caprio for the Rhode Island governorship, thanks largely to Obama's less-than-neutral stance in cutting a secret deal to support Chafee against Caprio.

White House leaks about the ineffectiveness of Obama's presidency are expanding beyond the revelations attributed to a former high-level Obama administration insider and which have been reported by a blogger named "Ulsterman." Some White House staffers have described a "reign of terror" in the White House over continued leaks and a troika of leadership that is making decisions without any input from the president. The troika reportedly consists of First Lady Michelle Obama, presidential adviser Valerie Jarrett, and the president's mother-in-law, Marian Robinson, who resides in the White House.

Not to be deterred, some White House staffers have sought out journalists and have arranged to meet them at nearby Starbuck's cafes to discretely convey to them inside information about the current disarray within the Obama administration. Some staffers have personally born the brunt of Obama's temper and witnessed his extreme narcissistic behavior. WMR has also learned from White House sources that Obama is taking prescription anxiety medication.

Vice President Biden, under intense pressure from some Democratic Party officials and Cabinet members to invoke Article 25, Section 4 of the Constitution and have Obama temporarily or permanently removed as president because of his mental incapacity to fulfill his constitutional oath as president is reluctant to take such drastic action. Biden feels that the country would "become unglued" after such action and he doesn't want to be the one who would be responsible for "picking up the pieces," according to a source who works within Biden's office.

Some staffers have said on deep background that the revelations by the ex-White House official to "Ulsterman" are not even half of the story about what is actually occurring in the White House.

November 19, 2010 at 8:58 a.m.
rolando said...

[page 3 of 4] However, Biden and other Democratic and administration do believe that if Obama were to display some of the same reckless behavior publicly as many White House personnel have witnessed privately, there may be wide support for enactment of the provisions of the 25th Amendment.

Such a public display by Obama that could trigger succession action might involve a public outburst, including the use of foul language or a statement that Obama believes there is a conspiracy against him.

On October 5, Obama was addressing Fortune magazine’s “Most Powerful Women” summit in Washington, DC. During the middle of Obama's speech, the presidential seal fell off the podium. Publicly, Obama took the incident as a joke, but WMR has learned from White House insiders that Obama went on a tirade after the incident, accusing White House staffers of purposely not anchoring the seal to the podium. The White House supplies all the podiums and seals at all presidential addresses and the seal is usually well-anchored with four screws affixed to the podium. Obama reportedly "freaked out" and accused White House staffers of engaging in a conspiracy against him. The presidential tirade over such a trivial matter was not lost on senior administration officials who have witnessed Obama's lackadaisical behavior during the consideration of much weightier issues, for example, the war in Afghanistan.

Although some observers believe African-Americans would react negatively to the invocation of the 25th Amendment, WMR has learned that members of the Congressional Black Caucus would reluctantly go along with such a move. Many in their ranks, including outgoing House Judiciary Committee chairman John Conyers (D-MI) were outraged over Obama's lack of interest in Haiti after that nation's devastating earthquake. For many black caucus members, it was their first indication that there was something very wrong with Obama and his grasp of reality.

With Obama intent on running for re-election and seriously considering sending White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs to the Democratic National Committee (DNC) to replace former Virginia Governor Tim Kaine, the potential Democratic challengers to Obama in 2012 are beginning to stir. WMR has learned that former DNC chairman Howard Dean is seriously considering a challenge to Obama as is Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who will reportedly depart Foggy Bottom after Defense Secretary Robert Gates leaves his position, possibly in January.

November 19, 2010 at 9:02 a.m.
rolando said...

[Final page 4 of 4]

Several top Democrats consider Obama's chances to keep the White House in 2012 as slim and they find it fanciful that White House policy adviser David Axelrod is moving back to Chicago to work on Obama's 2012 re-election campaign, an effort many Democratic officials find a "fool's errand."

Obama also is disengaged from the plight of his former Senate Democratic colleagues in the wake of their near loss of the Senate with a much-reduced majority. There is pressure on Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to step down as Majority Leader. However, Charles Schumer (D-NY), who has been mentioned as a replacement, reportedly has let it be known that he will not carry Obama's water as Majority Leader and may not want the job after all. The Majority Whip is Dick Durbin (D-IL) but he is seen as part of the Obama Chicago Mafia and almost every Democratic senator agrees on one thing: they do not want Durbin as their Majority Leader. Obama, the titular head of the Democratic Party, has refused to weigh in with any effective leadership as congressional Democrats pick up the pieces and lick their wounds.

Meanwhile, a team of ex-CIA officers are traveling the globe assembling a dossier of documents on Obama's past, including his education, passport, travel, and residency records. The team has scoured Kenya, Indonesia, Pakistan, and other countries collecting documents that are not already maintained in the CIA's own files on Obama's past. There is a possibility, according to WMR's sources, that any "smoking gun" documents may be released while Obama is in Asia in order to elicit a public and, perhaps, irrational enough response from the president to prompt the public to begin raising questions about Obama's suitability for office. Such an incident would make it easier for Biden to begin the succession process that was previously considered when President Richard Nixon was drinking heavily and taking prescription medication during the final days of his administration, twice during the Ronald Reagan administration -- after the attempted assassination and in 1987 when he demonstrated early stages of Alzheimer's Disease, and during the Bill Clinton administration, when Clinton's self-destructive sexual antics had Vice President Al Gore considering taking similar steps.

http://www.waynemadsenreport.com/

unquote

With this page, I await [with bated breath] the posts from the so-called progressives here, aimed at this messenger and demand the shooting, castrating, immolating, burning at the stake, etc of same messenger.

Have a nice day. Yeah, right.

November 19, 2010 at 9:08 a.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Re Deaver: “Keep up the Palin attacks. . .it's making her more popular. . . my wife 
is a nurse and all the nurses she 
knows . . . don't want
 the government to stick its 
nose in their business.”

Since Sarah Palin used to get her medical treatment through Canada’s single payer health system as opposed to the services available in Alaska, it seems to me that you, your wife and her friends should be shouting from the rooftops what’s good enough for Sarah is good enough for me.

November 19, 2010 at 9:12 a.m.
alprova said...

There's a very new poll out with some rather interesting results. It was conducted by NBC and the Wall Street Journal between November 11-15.

There was one very interesting section in that poll, which asked people to rate several people or groups and how much they represented the values of the middle class. The results of those who rated each as a combination of "very well, fairly well, or somewhat well."

Bill Clinton: 76% The Democrats: 67% Barack Obama: 65% Republicans: 59% Joe Biden: 57% Tea-Party: 53% Sarah Palin: 50% Republican Leaders: 48% Democratic Leaders: 47%

The percentage of those who said "not very well."

Bill Clinton: 20% Democrats: 31% Republican Leaders: 31% Joe Biden: 31% Barack Obama: 32% Tea-Party: 33% Republicans: 37% Democratic Leaders: 43% Sarah Palin: 44% ~~~~~

Other surprises in the poll, indicated that the majority of respondents wanted the Bush tax cuts extended to all but those making $250,000 or more. This was a surprise, in that 49% of those participating in the poll earned more that $50,000 a year.

The recently released Deficit Commission's proposals, made up of representatives on both sides of the aisle, made people VERY uncomfortable, in every category.

50% of all respondents feel that openly gay people should be allowed to serve in the military. 38% want to keep "don't ask, don't tell." Only 10% want to disallow gays serving in the military.

And finally, a full 60% of people feel that the worst of the recession is in the rear-view mirror, while 35% feel that the worst is ahead of us.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/NEWS/A_Politics/11-11-5-10.pdf

November 19, 2010 at 9:15 a.m.
BobMKE said...

alprova

In regards to your response post at 2:20pm. To remind you that I’m from Milwaukee (MKE) and in my law enforcement profession I had numerous dealings and contacts with personnel from Chicago for decades. (You are 500 = miles away from Chicago and be thankful for that for many reasons) There have been documentaries why 90 miles separate one of the most honest Cities and one of the most corrupt Cities in the United States. I know all about the Chicago Political Machine, so when I posted MY opinion (Not the talk show hosts you listed) that Obama (The empty suit) was recruited to run for President by that machine. What is YOUR opinion? Recruited by or he sought out the oily Axelrod and Emanual?

It was also MY opinion that Sarah Palin would make a great Chairperson to lead the Republican Party. In that position she can raise tons of money for her party.

It is still MY opinion that Hillary will run for President in 2012. I don’t care what she has said that she won’t. She has that huge ego and she must know that it must happen in 2012 because it won’t happen in 2016. I believe that Obama has pulled the rug out from under Hillary too many times when he sends in Joe Biteme instead of her. It is MY opinion that she wants off of the sinking ship so she can run as a moderate just like her husband did. They aren’t really moderates, but they know how to run as one. Then the Senators and Congressmen, who are running in 2012, will hook their wagons to Hillary and not Obama.

November 19, 2010 at 9:34 a.m.
alprova said...

Rolando cut and pasted: "There is a possibility, according to WMR's sources, that any "smoking gun" documents may be released while Obama is in Asia in order to elicit a public and, perhaps, irrational enough response from the president to prompt the public to begin raising of any questions about Obama's suitability for office."


I'm unsure what the point was in posting the article that contained the above in it. All but the above quoted sentence is ancient history.

And given that there was no such release of any "smoking gun documents" while the President was in Asia, are we to extrapolate that nothing was found that would evoke any "raising any questions about the President's suitability for office?"

Really Rolando, you're bordering on becoming fans of the clinically insane.

Wayne Madsen has written many things over the last few years, including some of the most outrageous and unproven of accusations, including some leveled at GWB.

For instance;

In 2002, he made claim that the U.S. Navy attempted to overthrow Venezuelan President, Hugo Chavez.

He claimed in 2003, to "have uncovered" that 9/11 had links to Saudi Arabia and President George Bush. Given that you have so vehemently made condemnations of Muslims for that act, doesn't this little factoid controvert your previous stance?

In 2005, he wrote that the U.S. Cole was actually hit by an Israeli submarine.

In 2006, the man wrote a scathing article about Hollywood, claiming that their use of the words "diamonds" in movie titles was responsible for the suffering of diamond miners in Africa. He amazingly tried to assert that the word makes people seek to buy diamonds through the power of suggestion.

Last year, the man claimed that there is a secret group contained within the NSA, that has been actively working to conceal the U.S. Government's role in 9/11.

And last, but not least, and clearly why you worship the man, is because he was largely responsible for making the claim that the yet to be produced "Kenyan birth certificate," proved beyond a shadow of all doubt, that the President was not born in Hawaii.

Wayne Madsen is a certifiable kook, and so are you for posting such tripe in this forum.

November 19, 2010 at 9:49 a.m.
alprova said...

Bob, no offense, but your proximity to Chicago does not give you any more insight into the political happenings in that city. Be it 90 miles or 500 miles away, either or both of us are just as apt to know a little or a lot about what goes on in that city.

Until January of last year, I spent an average of 2 days a week in that city, related to business. I consider myself to STILL be quite cognitive of both Chicago politics and the players involved, and any and all accusations related.

As to the rest of your opinions, believe what you wish. My opinion is that yours are no where near supported by reality or tradition.

Sarah Palin will not nominated to be a Republican President contender, nor Party chairperson, because she made a conscience choice to align herself with too far to the right leaning Tea-Partiers. That war for power has yet to be played out in Congress.

The only chance that Hillary would even consider running in 2012, is if President Obama were to choose not to run for reelection to a second term, and THAT has only happened one time in 234 years. James K. Polk declined to run for a second term in 1848.

When was the last time in American history that anyone in their own party made a challenge to a sitting President's second term run? Never. Not once.

Personally, I have come to respect Hillary Clinton a great deal, for the way that she has carried herself as Secretary of State. Do I think for one second that she, number one, would ever cross the President by launching such a challenge, or that the Democrats would jump the Obama wagon over into Hillary's, under any circumstance whatsoever?

What I'm about to write is not meant in any way to disrespect your opinion or thought processes.

Your opinion on that prediction is clearly delusional and perhaps wishful thinking at best. There's no way it would ever happen.

November 19, 2010 at 10:31 a.m.
Clara said...

Alprova,

I couldn't believe that post when I read it, but didn't have anyway to refute it. I only had my feelings about it. I never heard of Wayne Madsen. I must look him up.

Thanks for the good job.

November 19, 2010 at 10:34 a.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Re: Deaver: “We know a lot of doctors and nurses and the perception is that politicians just view medical professionals as pawns without regard to how difficult their jobs are and how much 
they sacrificed to get there.”

At what point does the needs of “sick” people enter into this picture, Deaver? The reason healthcare reform was needed was because large segments of our society either could not afford healthcare or did not have access to healthcare. Seems to me that these doctors and nurses that you claim to know would be at a bit concerned about this – after all medicine exists to serve “sick” people.

Other medical professionals have certainly expressed a concern. In fact, the American Nurses Association (ANA) has been a staunch supportive of the healthcare reform efforts in the U.S. If you go to their website, you will find the official statement of the American Nurses Association “affirms that this law greatly increases access to care for millions of people, and believes it will strengthen and improve the health care system for generations to come.”

November 19, 2010 at 11 a.m.
BobMKE said...

alprova

You do not give me your opinion regarding "What is YOUR opinion? Recruited by or he sought out the oily Axelrod and Emanual?" Don't cherry pick my post. Also reread what I said regarding decades of dealing with Chicago personnel.You may have been to Chicago but I have dealt with the a lot of the crap that goes on in that City crime wise. Also in dealing with my fellow honest hard working Chicago Detectives I have knowledge what goes on down there. I've spent numerous hours in the various Chicago Districts investigating numerous crimes that had a connection to Milwaukee. I've forgot more that you know about Chicago.

We all have opinions and that's all they are. Why are mine delusional? I'm just having fun going back and forth with you and I respect your views. We don't get any prizes if one of us is right. Let see how our opinions play out. It will be a long wait.

Don't forget to answer my above question.

November 19, 2010 at 11:16 a.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Re Alprova: “I’m unsure what the point was in posting the article that contained the above in it. All but the above quoted sentence is ancient history.”

Thanks, Alprova, for your efforts. You are a real trooper and I always enjoy your posts. I’m too am not sure what Rolando’s point was in posting that article. Perhaps, he didn’t think anyone would read it if he had just quoted a few paragraphs with its link. He is probably right about this, but to take up page after page of posting space seems a bit much to me.

November 19, 2010 at 11:29 a.m.
EaTn said...

I don't think anyone was shocked that the Democrats got hit; that they kept the Senate has more to say about the election. Our population that uses drive through fast food, banking and beer because they don't have the patience to walk in and wait in line, want instant results from a new administration. The economy was not back to full employment so emotions controlled the votes. The spotlight is now on the Republicans to fix the unemployment. Can they focus on this issue instead of some sideline right-wing issue?

November 19, 2010 at 11:40 a.m.
mtngrl said...

daver, I also have family in the medical profession. In fact he is a doctor, married to a nurse, and they have a special needs child. They both are adamantly in favor of the health care reforms. The doctor said he is sick and tired of having to fight the insurance companies in order to get claims paid for his patients on services he knows they need to be healthy or even to live. They both said they feel "punished" by their own insurance company for having a special needs child. I realize this is just anecdotal evidence, but so is yours...

And I really get a kick every time one of you Palin supporters says we are "scared" or "jealous" of that woman whenever a negative comment is made about her, then go on to rant and rave and bash Obama in the same breath... Oh the irony!!! By your OWN logic, Obama is too much man for you and you are jealous of him.

November 19, 2010 at 11:54 a.m.
nurseforjustice said...

Mountainlaurel - the ANA is one of the most worthless organizations around. I know only one nurse that is a member and she does not even nurse anymore... Not a viable arguement. They are not in touch with reality.

November 19, 2010 at 12:18 p.m.
pmcauley said...

Hey Rolando, is it also true that Obama beats puppies, bunnies and eats children.

You'll have to respond here, I put my tin cap back on.

November 19, 2010 at 12:28 p.m.
softnotes37 said...

Who drape them self in liberal attire bigot or hypocrite? Who edit raw comments in a free press? The Shadow knows.

November 19, 2010 at 1:09 p.m.
mmlj said...

EaTn--

I'd argue that your election analysis is cherry-picking a bit. The Democrats held the Senate because our system is such that only one-third of the seats were up for re-election. Tough to ignore the House gains and gubernatorial results and see holding Senate as the main take-away from the election.

You also state, "The spotlight is now on the Republicans to fix the unemployment." That's fine. But, just curious, because this is a theme on here: Why was nothing Congress's fault or responsibility during the Bush years? It was all Bush's fault.

November 19, 2010 at 1:26 p.m.
Clara said...

There has GOT to be an INTELLIGENT, HONEST, UNBIASED, STATESMAN,WOMAN somewhere in the U.S. that can handle the job. (Without the control of party affiliation of any kind.)

I know I'm not going to get any yes votes for THAT suggestion.

Ikeithlu, If you feel you might be able to handle a dog-catcher's position, I can't think of anything I would really be able to handle anymore, like changing a tire, or dealing reasonably with some of the people on this site.

Do you know of anyone who would take care of me, be a secretary to my paperwork, do all my housecleaning, minor errands and repairs such as changing a light bulb in the ceiling, be my yard person, landscaper, etc. for free, supply their own food, carry my golf clubs, and never take a vacation? Whooee! That was my alter-ego. Where did it go.

I'm sure I'm not qualified but it would be nice to live a life in which you are, ostensibly, in control of your surroundings. Even using THIS computer requires the know how of a PHD in computer science.

SIGH!

November 19, 2010 at 1:40 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Re Nurse for Justice: “The ANA is one of the most worthless organizations around. I know only one nurse that is a member and she does not even nurse anymore... Not a viable argument."

I suspect the American Nurses Association must have more going for them than you are willing to admit, NfJ. I say this because I noted they were able to distribute approximately four million dollars in grants to nurses in 2009, and according to their Revenue statement, 31% of that grant money came from Membership dues, which suggests their membership is quite healthy.

November 19, 2010 at 1:43 p.m.
nurseforjustice said...

Just so you understand ML, a lot of new nurses join the ANA at first because they think they are supposed to. Once they learn about it thru experience, the membership is normally dropped with exceptions of course. Anyway not really worth arguing about. My point is that they are very biased liberally speaking.

As for the cartoon, IMO, Palin would not be a good choice for prez. No offense to the women on this site but I see her as just a high maintenance woman with a lot of chatter. I, like Al, find her voice to be very annoying and her messages too, even tho I am a very conservative person. She would not get my vote.

Not even in a primary Hambone. And for some reason, it does not surprise me that you would vote in a republican primary even tho you are obviously liberal in your postings.

November 19, 2010 at 2:04 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

I want a cartoon showing a couple of Muslim extremists watching obama on TV explaining how putting terrorist through the civilian court system will make the world respect and adore us... Cut to Muslims ROFL.

November 19, 2010 at 2:54 p.m.
hambone said...

"why was nothing congress's fault or responsibillty during the bush years? It was all Bush's fault"

One word VETO!!

November 19, 2010 at 2:56 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

JAY LENO: In an upcoming interview with Barbara Walters, Sarah Palin says she believes she can beat Obama in 2012. The way things are going right now, Bristol Palin could beat Obama in 2012.

November 19, 2010 at 3:02 p.m.
alprova said...

BobMKE wrote: "Don't forget to answer my above question."


I did indeed forget that. My detailed response will have to wait until tomorrow night. Too much on my plate at the moment.

~~~~~

Clara wrote: "Thanks for the good job."

mountainlaurel: "Thanks, Alprova, for your efforts. You are a real trooper and I always enjoy your posts. I’m too am not sure what Rolando’s point was in posting that article."


And thank you to both of you for your votes of confidence. Rolando's purpose is clear. Anytime anyone brings up Sarah Palin's name, out come the attacks on Obama. It's as predictable as can be. Rolando has established himself to be a "birther," and will quote anyone who is as incredible as he is.

~~~~~

mmlj wrote: "Why was nothing Congress's fault or responsibility during the Bush years? It was all Bush's fault."


You've not been paying attention. Contrasts have been drawn in here many times, regarding which party was in charge of Congress at times when key legislation was involved. No one has given credit to, or blamed Bush alone.

November 19, 2010 at 3:04 p.m.
softnotes37 said...

Thank you hambone.

11/19/2010 - 2:56 pm.

November 19, 2010 at 3:07 p.m.
whatsthefuss said...

So typical. Perhaps Clay, you could submit a cartoon about the wonderful people of your party. How about Charlie Rangel for president. He could get Marion Barry for the VP slot. Rangel was re-elected with 80% of the vote and the honorable crack smoking mayor was re-elected with more than 90% of the vote. In a pole released today only 45% of the people surveyed knew that the republicans now have a majority in the house. So this should be a landslide win for the dems. That is if you believe posts with a lot of percentages posted!!!

November 19, 2010 at 3:13 p.m.
alprova said...

BRP wrote: "JAY LENO: In an upcoming interview with Barbara Walters, Sarah Palin says she believes she can beat Obama in 2012. The way things are going right now, Bristol Palin could beat Obama in 2012."


It's no secret what is going on, in regard to why Bristol is surviving on DWTS. She's not winning due to talent, that's for sure.

All one has to do, in order to discover the effort to alter the votes for Bristol on that show, is to Google "Vote for Bristol Palin" to understand how this has been happening.

And then, there are sites like this:

http://hillbuzz.org/2010/11/15/bristol-palin-dancing-with-the-stars-watch-thread-4/#comment-315550

The comments are priceless.

November 19, 2010 at 3:20 p.m.
alprova said...

whatsthefuss wrote: "In a pole released today only 45% of the people surveyed knew that the republicans now have a majority in the house."


Could that poll reflect the fact that NOW, the Republicans DO NOT have a majority in the House?

The change of seats will not occur until the first Tuesday in 2011, or to be more specific, January 4, 2011.

November 19, 2010 at 3:29 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Re Nurse for Justice: “a lot of new nurses join the ANA at first . . . Once they learn . . . the membership is normally dropped with exceptions of course. . . . My point is that they are very biased liberally speaking."

Well, NfJ, I’ve read some of what the American Nurses Association had to say, which has been essentially that they believe there is a healthcare crisis in the U.S and they believe we need to do something about as a Nation, which is neither liberal nor conservative statement.

True, the American Nurses Association are supporting the new Healthcare Reform Laws so, perhaps, this is why you've labeled them "liberal.' If so, I'm curious to hear about the "non-liberal" solutions you have in mind to deal with our Nation's heathcare crisis.

November 19, 2010 at 3:42 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

alprova, I really do not care about Dancing with the Stars or Bristol Palin at all. Never watched more than 5 seconds of it that did not pop up on a news show.

Have fun studying the controversy spinning around Bristol.

Ohhhh brother!

November 19, 2010 at 3:53 p.m.
Clara said...

I went to the hillbuzz.org site that Al recommended.

I'm glad I don't have a television!

Politics, even in entertainment?

I'm glad I can still post here! That's ENTERTAINMENT!

November 19, 2010 at 5:17 p.m.
daver said...

I think liberslism is an illiness. Some kind of complusive desire to control other people and to silence those who don't agree.

Liberals are going bonkers because the more Sarah Palin is out there the more she is liked, and the more El Presidente Obama is out there the more he's disliked.

I think the American people are sick of liberals and their grubby hands in our wallets and in our pants!!

I think the Obamas would never allow themselves to be groped or x-rayed at the airport. I think they don't want the public to find out who wears the pants in that family.

OK, let me have it you Liberals!

November 19, 2010 at 6:34 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

"I think the American people are sick of liberals and their grubby hands in our wallets and in our pants!!"

????

Homeland security is a liberal thing? That's a new one. Most ATF and FBI folks I know are nowhere near the liberal mindset.

November 19, 2010 at 6:56 p.m.
rolando said...

I didn't write that, alpo. I merely cited a highly credible journalist -- that is much, much more than YOU are.

You are just "...a poor player That struts and frets his hour upon the stage And then is heard no more: [your words are] a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing." [Apologies to The Bard]

As I said, you so-called "Progressives" never reply to the post -- you attack the messenger.

Nevertheless, if only part of Mr Madsen's report is true we have a serious problem in the White House.

Did you [or any others posting on here] even read the report before attacking me? Didn't think so. No cherry-picked comments to make? Bury your head in the sand if you Liberals like, but the truth will out. It usually does, in spite of the MSM [and huffpost].

November 19, 2010 at 6:57 p.m.
hambone said...

rolando, I read the Wayne Madsen report you posted, I also took the time to find out about Wayne Madsen. I will say that his track record is right up there with all other kooks and goofballs looking for their 15 minutes. BTW: don't bother to responed, as you have already wasted enough of my time.

November 19, 2010 at 7:48 p.m.
Clara said...

Hambone, I read the comments on Wayne too! You are not alone.

Al, by the way, DID answer the post, and it was a darn good assessment!

And I never attacked you, Ronnie child, just the 3 post pile of unhealthy stuff you left behind.

You should carry your own scoop!

Oh MY! Did I just write that?

This blog must really be getting to me.

November 19, 2010 at 8:16 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Clara,

Yes, you wrote it and it was funny.

Also, thank-you for the thoughtful comment you made a couple of days ago.

November 19, 2010 at 8:31 p.m.
Sailorman said...

The only thing worse than Palin being nominated would be her actually being elected. The only ones to gain from her nomination would be the democrats and justifiably so. If republicans can't come up with a better candidate than her, they don't deserve a place at the table much less residence in the white house.

If she has any savvy at all, she'll stay right where she is - giving pundits, and Biden, a punching bag and making money hand over fist.

November 19, 2010 at 11:34 p.m.
alprova said...

Rolando, to call the likes of Wayne Madsen a "credible journalist" is very much like calling Orly Taitz a credible lawyer. I remind you that you also consider Mike Adams to be a credible journalist.

First of all, those of us who have been paying attention to the happenings in Washington, remember that the President's Asian adventure had been canceled two time in the past. He canceled the trip in March to work on last minute details related to Health Care reform. He canceled the trip, later scheduled in June, due to the Gulf Oil Spill.

Any suggestion that he suddenly made the trip due to some imaginary struggle or discourse within the Democratic Party is absurd. Plans were made to coincide with the conclusion of the election, because he was making campaign appearances right up to through the 3rd of November.

The reason that Obama declined to endorse Frank Caprio for his bid to become Rhode Island's Governor was very simple and it was announced repeatedly in the press. Former Republican, Senator Lincoln Chafee, who was making his bid for Governor, is a dear friend of the President's, and Chafee had given his personal endorsement to Obama when he was running for President. And as it turned out, his declining to endorse Caprio was right on target, given that man's childish response.

The rest of the crap contained in that article is worthy of the type of reporting that can be found in any number of the tabloid magazines found at the check-out counter of your local supermarket. I know people who think that all you read in those publications are credible too.

I do get tired of finding myself in the unfortunate position of attacking your sources, but then you are the one who submits them while claiming them to be "credible." Don't blame me for your lack of ability or willingness to check out those sources before you post.

No one is going to change your mind and no one is trying to. You apparently have no interest in facts or truth. You latch onto any posted content that recites that which you find yourself agreeing with. Then you cut and paste it, and give it your personal endorsement of "credibility."

I'm sorry if it upsets you to be discredited every time you try such silliness.

I mean really...you believe that the President has to subject himself to injections of sedatives to "calm him down?" Please.

Wayne Madsen is a consistent contributor to Infowars, the creation of Alex Jones. His most recent contribution, on the 10th of Nov., was to speculate on the vertical trail that appeared in the sky, off the coast of Los Angeles on Nov. 8th.

He categorically stated that a Chinese submarine, lingering off the coast of California, fired a ballistic missile into the sky. Hilarious. He's obviously never seen an airplane contrail and he disses the ability of our military to keep track of what may be running around 35 miles off the coast of Los Angeles.

Kooky, kooky, kooky.

November 20, 2010 at 12:55 a.m.
rolando said...

Most interesting report of the "contrail" came from a single source reporting that it appeared on another day about the same time, consistent with an Air West flight. DoD denies any knowledge of any activity in that area...as it so often does, for reasons that should be obvious.

Whatever...it had an interesting shape.

Madsen gathers info from a variety of sources and speculates on their meaning...with a credible record of accuracy.


Maobama paid a political debt, much as he has done with others. Gwahnshee [phonetic].

His favoring a former RINO over one of his own party faithful deserved the appropriate comment Caprio made. He WAS speaking without a teleprompter, after all.

Bury your head as you will. Reality will kick you in the...well, you know.

November 20, 2010 at 7:54 a.m.
LibDem said...

Ex-CIA officers plotting to embarrass the President while he is abroad negotiating. I know I've seen this movie. I can see these geezers (not unlike myself) hunkered over the kitchen table at the retirement home.

November 20, 2010 at 10:03 a.m.
alprova said...

Rolando wrote: "Madsen gathers info from a variety of sources and speculates on their meaning...with a credible record of accuracy."


Really? Can you cite ONE of his so-called accuracies? Alex Jones and Company have NEVER proven one of their charges to this very date, to a logical and undeniable conclusion.

I've tried to impart upon you, the fact that just because you consider something to be credible, accurate, or factual, does not make it so, unless there is evidence to back it up with proof positive.

Madsen is as accurate as a fifty year old, wind-up Timex watch. Speculating anything without any proof or facts is meaningless. It's wild accusations with no basis whatsoever.

But you believe it, and your credibility will forever be in the toilet because you do.

November 20, 2010 at 7:56 p.m.
alprova said...

BobMKE wrote: "What is YOUR opinion? Recruited by or he sought out the oily Axelrod and Emanual?"


Neither.

Barack Obama made his own decision to run for President. He hired Betsy Myers first, who came from the Clinton Administration. Then came David Plouffe, a Democratic strategist for many years, who still works as an outside senior adviser to the Obama Administration.

Rahm Emanuel was a senior advisor to Bill Clinton for five years. Clinton is hardly a product of Chicago.

David Axlerod had many clients, none of whom were Chicagoans. Those included Hillary Rodham Clinton, John Edwards, Christopher Dodd, and Tom Vilsack. None of those people are Chicagoans.

Both men came on board with the Obama campaign, at the request of Obama...not the other way around, as you have claimed. Axlerod declined twice to do so, but finally relented because Obama insisted that he join the team.

Lots of accusations have been floated around, but neither man has ever been formally accused of anything illegal, and neither man has certainly not been convicted of anything more serious than a traffic ticket.

So, where's the beef?

November 20, 2010 at 8:17 p.m.
alprova said...

BobMKE wrote: "Also reread what I said regarding decades of dealing with Chicago personnel.You may have been to Chicago but I have dealt with the a lot of the crap that goes on in that City crime wise."


I see, and all of the crime that makes it's way up from Chicago is related to David Axlerod, Rahm Emanuel, and Barack Obama?

What is it that you're trying to say?


"Also in dealing with my fellow honest hard working Chicago Detectives I have knowledge what goes on down there. I've spent numerous hours in the various Chicago Districts investigating numerous crimes that had a connection to Milwaukee. I've forgot more that you know about Chicago."


That all depends on what it is that you are talking about. Personally, I think you're breaking wind, and attempting to turn it into a tornado.


"We all have opinions and that's all they are. Why are mine delusional?"


I already explained that, in detail. Not even Hillary would break 234 years of tradition to launch a run for office as President of the United States, so long as he decides to run for a second term.

And the chances that he would not run for a second term in 2012, are 1 in 43.


"I'm just having fun going back and forth with you and I respect your views. We don't get any prizes if one of us is right. Let see how our opinions play out. It will be a long wait."


Okay, I can respect that.


"Don't forget to answer my above question."


Done.

November 20, 2010 at 8:29 p.m.
whatsnottaken said...

Joke: Clay Bennett Punchline: A bitter old cartoonist (drawing skills and bleeding heart, nothing more). Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

November 20, 2010 at 9:08 p.m.
rolando said...

Cite where he was consistently wrong, alprova.

While you are at it, the "Chinese missile firing" or so-called vertical "airplane contrail" is still under contention. See Masden...

quote Although the U.S. Defense Department and North American Aerospace Defense Command have speculated publicly that the unidentified contrail of a projectile soaring into the skies off the California coast – and recorded by a KCBS television crew – came from a jet and posed no security threat to the U.S., several experts are raising provocative and disturbing questions about the government's official response, reports Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin.

Two governmental military experts with extensive experience working with missiles and computer security systems have examined the television video and conclude the mysterious contrail originating some 30 miles off the coast near Los Angeles did not come from a jet – but rather, they say the exhaust and the billowing plume emanated from a single source nozzle of a missile, probably made in China.

They further suggest the missile was fired from a submerged Chinese nuclear submarine off America's coast, and point out that the timing of the alleged Chinese missile shot coincided with an increasing confrontation between the U.S. and China, and was likely meant to send a message to Washington.

Indeed, the Federal Aviation Administration documents that there were no aircraft flying in the area at that time, the night of Nov. 8.

(Story continues below)

November 21, 2010 at 7:37 a.m.
rolando said...

continued...

"The question that still must be answered is why NORAD's muted response was simply that North America was not threatened, and later our government approved the lame excuse that the picture recorded was simply an aircraft leaving a contrail," said retired U.S. Air Force Brig. Gen. Jim Cash.

A former U.S. Air Force fighter pilot and commander of an F-15 squadron and an F-16 wing, Cash was assigned to NORAD as an assistant director of operations at the Cheyenne Mountain complex near Colorado Springs, Colo., and is fully knowledgeable of NORAD procedures.

"There is absolutely no doubt that what was captured on video off the coast of California was a missile launch, was clearly observed by NORAD, assessed by a four-star general in minutes, and passed to the president immediately," he said.

Even more ominously, cautioned Cash: "We must question the timing of this shot across our bow. The president was abroad being diplomatic, which means trying to placate China which is becoming overly concerned with our handling a totally out-of-control deficit in spending."

Wayne Madsen, a former naval officer who has worked at the National Security Agency and the Naval Data Automation Command, said the inability to pick up what he described as a Chinese Jin-class submarine-launched ballistic missile isn't the first time U.S. Navy anti-submarine warfare sensors have failed.

Madsen, who today is an investigative journalist, said the Pentagon is working "overtime with the media and on the Internet to cover up the latest debacle. However, even some reporters who cover the Pentagon full-time are beginning to question the Pentagon's version of events ... over the skies west of Los Angeles."

Dr. Lyle J. Rapacki of Sentinel Intelligence Services, LLC, said the contrail incident off the Los Angeles coast is "fraught with peril" due to the defense systems and protocols in place that should have detected the alleged submarine.

"The decision to officially announce that North America was not threatened," he said, "and all the excitement was due to an aircraft leaving a contrail is a decision that reaches beyond the four-star general level and goes directly to a decision made by the commander-in-chief."

unquote

As said, that was a shot across our bow...and we failed to respond -- at least publicly. Instead, our Prez skips the country. Makes one wonder.

Is he a nutcase or is it another MSM coverup for our Prez's incompetence.

November 21, 2010 at 7:42 a.m.
rolando said...

For those incompetents failing to see the connection between my first rather lengthy post and Clay's cartoon, read my first line concerning who Palin may be opposing in the next election. That line falls nicely into the "fill in the blank" on Clay's work.

The rest are a few reasons why that may very well be the case.

November 21, 2010 at 7:45 a.m.
rolando said...

BTW, alprova, exactly WHERE did I say I believed anything Madsen said? Be specific, please.

It is and was presented as an opposing view to the giddy, leg-tingling responses of Progressives while they hang on Maobama's every word, drooling on themselves all the while.

Belief in everything Madsen said has nothing to do with any accuracy or inaccuracy. It is for those like you who are incapable of thinking outside the box, as you have amply demonstrated.

November 21, 2010 at 7:54 a.m.
rolando said...

As for you, hambone, my posts would survive a writ of mandamus compared to that tripe YOU post...

November 21, 2010 at 8:49 a.m.
alprova said...

Rolando wrote: "Cite where he was consistently wrong, alprova."


Seriously? Did you completely ignore my first response to your initial four page cut and paste of his work?

Here -- I'll make it easy for you. You won't even have to scroll up and find it;

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/nov/18/sarah/#c54990


(Snippet) "Although the U.S. Defense Department and North American Aerospace Defense Command have speculated..."


Because you again refuse to cite your sources when you cut and paste, I was forced to discover it on your behalf. The above article was written by Joseph Farah, founder of the site known as World Net Daily.

His history is as dotted with failures and misinformation as that of Wayne Madsen, including that of bankrupting one of California's leading newspapers to the tune of $3 million per year, in his attempt to turn it into a 100% conservative rag.

His list of associates include Rush Limbaugh, who wrote an article per day that Farah posted on page one of the paper. And of course, Farah is also an avid "Birther," hence again, why you would choose to quote this man.

Farah, in a published article on his site, claimed that the published copy of the President's certificate was authentic and valid, then for some strange reason, removed the claim and did a complete 180 degree turn on the issue. Now that's credibility.

Presumably, his first take on the certificate issue did not sit well with WND contributers, Jerome Corsi, Christian TV host Hal Lindsey, Family and Values Coalition co-chair Janet Porter, and talk radio host Barbara Simpson, all noted "Birthers" in their own right.

Farah settled a defamation lawsuit out of court two years ago, just before it was to go to court, then issued a public statement attesting that there was no proof or witnesses to back up the published article. The article in question claimed that a Savannah, Tennessee fundraiser for Al Gore was under federal investigation. It was a shameful lie.

The President was born in Hawaii, and to date, not one credible shred of evidence exists to offset that simple fact. Anyone who believes that he was not, is a complete moron.

Your fascination with those who continue to attest and insist that he was born in Kenya, places them in good company with others who have spurned all of their credibility by overlooking simple and undeniable facts and evidence.

You're free to believe anything and everything written by such clowns, but you're not free to pass off what they write as fact. They offer no facts. They write fiction.

What surprises me the most about this, your latest attempt, is to suggest for any reason whatsoever, that the military of this nation is so inept, as to not have knowledge of a submarine vessel owned by any other nation, in waters 35 miles off our coast, and that would be in any position to fire a missile into the sky.

November 21, 2010 at 9:06 a.m.
alprova said...

Rolando whined: "BTW, alprova, exactly WHERE did I say I believed anything Madsen said? Be specific, please."


Is this going to be your tactic now? When your source of information is thoroughly debunked, NOW you're going to claim that you did not believe it?

I don't cut and paste articles containing opinions or claimed "facts" that I do not find credible nor that are not supported by evidence. I don't quote theories that are questionable to any degree. I try to stay away from complete conjecture. I can't say that I have seen others who regularly participate in this forum post such nonsense either, except on rare occasion.

You Sir, have just established yourself as one who does deal in anything and everything devoid of facts, if you are now claiming to not believe what you cut and pasted, as written by Wayne Madsen.


"It is and was presented as an opposing view to the giddy, leg-tingling responses of Progressives while they hang on Maobama's every word, drooling on themselves all the while."


Rolando, when you cut and paste and attach your name to it, it becomes your "view." And that's for you to live with.


"Belief in everything Madsen said has nothing to do with any accuracy or inaccuracy. It is for those like you who are incapable of thinking outside the box, as you have amply demonstrated."


I'm sure that I'm not the only one who had a good laugh after reading those two sentences.

A box is tangible. You can touch it. You can see it. It is made up of solid material. It can contain all kinds of things, including evidence that will prove assertions to be factually based all day long.

When you step outside of that box, you are supported by thin air, that you cannot see, that you cannot touch, and that is not supported by anything at all.

If I want something "outside the box," I head for Taco Bell.

I suppose when you are looking for something "outside the box," you log on to infowars and WND.

November 21, 2010 at 9:36 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

Thanks, alprova. It is refreshing to see someone hold rolando accountable to his posts and his sources for those posts. He gravitates to crackpot sites the way canary copied and pasted quotemines from Answers in Genesis. That's not saying everything rolando posts is bad, but you are forced to check.

Skepticism is a good thing. But paranoia-fueled rejection of evidence and adherence to crazy and unfounded conspiracy theories is nuts. I worry that there are folks that try to pass this crap off as journalism and more worried that citizens accept it without question.

November 21, 2010 at 11:03 a.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Re Alprova's Comments: "BobMKE's Posts"

You must admit there is a bit of humor in BobMTE’s post, Alprova. I was particularly amused by his negative references to Barrack Obama being nothing more than an “empty suit” candidate; yet, he proposes that Sarah Palin - who many people consider to be an “empty dress” so to speak - would be the perfect Chairperson of the Republican Party.

November 21, 2010 at 11:58 a.m.
rolando said...

You make the perfect echo, lkeith.

Whassa matta, goldstars not enough for you?

November 22, 2010 at 7:52 p.m.
rolando said...

Yep. You got my point, alprova. You cannot and will not even consider the argument of others -- you are completely "inside the box' in your thinking pattern. But you are not alone...you have lots of other Progressives stuck in-place in there with you.

As with homosexuality being inborn [as you claim], those inside-the-box thinking traits you display -- and admit to -- are not your fault; you were born with them.


Regarding the so-called "contrail" [made by no aircraft in the area according to the FAA], it might have been a missile of ours...

Being an in-the-boxer, you probably never made that connection.

You ARE aware that we [the US] do quite a bit of stealthy, black world work out there in and around the West Coast, right? And have for decades, right? Air, land, and waterborne, right? You are also aware that our aging satellite ocean and submarine surveillance systems have been developing faults for years, right? You ARE aware that our uber-secret, stealth submarine propellor was outed 3 years ago, right? Three years, in stealth research, is a figurative eternity. Further, if memory serves, the sale/technology transfer of propellor [or more correctly, screw] cutting equipment to Red China occurred under Clinton's watch... Finally, were you aware we already have stealthy ships and underwater "boats" and have tested them for at least one decade?

In short, before you knee-jerk answer "yes" to the above, don't commit yourself to something about which you know nothing.

As always, this is mostly available through the Internet...but not all this time. Do your own research [again] and quite griping about having to do a little work in opposing someone else's argument. You are assuming lkeith's position on doing research -- let someone else do the scut work and take the credit.

November 22, 2010 at 8:26 p.m.
alprova said...

Rolado wrote: "Yep. You got my point, alprova. You cannot and will not even consider the argument of others -- you are completely "inside the box' in your thinking pattern.


Rolando, you don't make points. You cut and paste those of others. And the problem with those others, is that they are more often than not, completely off their rockers.


"As with homosexuality being inborn [as you claim], those inside-the-box thinking traits you display -- and admit to -- are not your fault; you were born with them."


Well, I'll tell you what Rolando -- My "inside-the box thinking traits" fares far better in this world, in that I use logic, evidence, facts, and truth when I type.

You stand on a bed of Jello 24/7/365. You're a pathological liar, you're self-righteous, you exhibit no discernible principles, and yesterday, you have proven beyond a shadow of all doubt, that you have absolutely no credibility whatsoever.


"Regarding the so-called "contrail" [made by no aircraft in the area according to the FAA], it might have been a missile of ours..."


How many more times are you going to change which theory you are going to stand behind and claim to believe?

Disproving the above claim is just as easy as has been disproving all of your others.


"Being an in-the-boxer, you probably never made that connection."


Maybe, perhaps, that may be because your posted statement above is absolutely untrue. The mystery was cleared up by the Pentagon on the 10th of November.

~~~~~ "There is no evidence to suggest it was anything other than an airplane," said Colonel David Lapan, a Pentagon spokesman.

The vapor trail was videotaped by a KCBS News helicopter as it arced into the sky off Los Angeles on Monday evening, giving the appearance of a projectile rapidly moving through the air.

Speculation that it may have been a missile launch intensified on Tuesday after the Pentagon said it was unable to explain the source of the vapor trail.

Among the new evidence cited Wednesday by the Pentagon to conclude that it was an aircraft -- not a missile -- vapor trail are FAA radar images of the area, which detected SEVERAL AIRCRAFT but no rockets, Lapan said.

"The FAA, when they looked at the radar replay for that time period, they went out some distance from the coast, and identified that they had no fast moving unidentified objects in that area at that time.

"They did have commercial airliners in that area. None of those commercial airliners reported anything unusual," he said. "So all of those things point again to the fact that we believe this is an aircraft condensation trail."

Source: AFP

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101110/pl_afp/usmissilemilitary ~~~~~

November 23, 2010 at 3:20 a.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.