Average meal price guide
$ — $10 and under
$$ — $10 to $15
$$$ — $15 and up
Welcome to the first edition of Dish, a guide to Chattanooga restaurants. In these pages, you’ll find capsule reviews, feature articles and notes on more than 150 area restaurants.
These listings were pulled from restaurant reviews and articles previously published in the Times Free Press Life and Current sections as well as the Sunday advertising section Dining Out. Times Free Press Taste columnist Anne Braly helped to assemble and edit the lists.
In addition to the restaurant guide, this Dish contains feature stories from the Times Free Press staff:
* Deputy Features Editor Lisa Denton writes about the power of aroma in the restaurant culture.
* Features editor and columnist Mark Kennedy offers his list of some of the most kid-friendly restaurants in town.
* Staff writer Casey Phillips talks to wait staff around town to learn more about tipping etiquette. (Note: 20 percent is the new 15 percent, they say.)
* Staff writer Holly Leber reprises some of the favorite restaurants she’s visited in her “Out to Lunch” column.
* Food columnist Braly looks back at some of the landmark Chattanooga restaurants, now closed, that readers remember fondly.
There are hundreds of restaurants in the Chattanooga area. If you’d like to see your favorite restaurant reviewed in the Friday Current section and/or included in future editions of Dish, please call Clint Cooper at 423-757-6497. To pass along restaurant news, please e-mail Braly at email@example.com.
related articles »
We have so much to be thankful for, particularly the restaurateurs who are open on Thanksgiving Day, working hard to ...
The Headless Horseman is about to ride off into the sunrise. And he’s not alone. When dawn breaks Sunday, Oct. ...
The quick sellout of the Tivoli Theatre for a Dave Chappelle performance on Wednesday, June 26, prompted promoters and venue ...
For every restaurant door that closes, another opens. But we often harbor memories of a few favorite places long after ...