published Saturday, August 13th, 2011

Woman whose bed caught fire last month has died, police say

A woman who was severely burned after her bed caught on fire last month has died, according to Chattanooga Fire Department spokesman Bruce Garner.

On July 28, Edy Baker had fallen asleep in bed while smoking a cigarette, Captain Anthony Moore with the Fire Investigation Division said. The cigarette started a fire on the bed and she received burns to approximately 60 percent of her body, Moore said.

Baker died overnight; she was 60 years old, Garner said.

Read the original story here.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.