• Name: Hayden Place
• About: The 269-unit apartment complex is being built in three phases. The initial 112 units were completed in September 2010 and the second phase was done in October. Construction recently began on the third and final phase to add the final 33 apartments, developer John Wise said. Hayden Place is Wise Properties’ largest apartment complex and the first two phases are now full.
• Location: 298 Acorn Oaks Circle off Pineville Road
• Developer: John Wise
• Status: The third and final phase of Hayden Place is scheduled to be completed by March or April, Wise said.
• Market: Wise originally proposed building condominiums on the land he purchased off Pineville Road. But when the home purchase market began sinking in 2008, Wise shifted the project to include one, two and three-bedroom apartments. The apartments appeal to young professionals, empty nesters and others interested in luxury apartment living near downtown and the North Shore.
• Prices: One bedroom “Dogwood” units rent for $850 a month; two-bedroom “Cypress” units rent for $1,125 and three-bedroom “Magnolia” units rent for $1,450 per month.
• Investment: $28 million
• Amenities: Hayden Place includes a million-dollar resort-style pool and clubhouse; a fully gated community with clicker style gate openers, concierge services for dry cleaning and trash pickup, a dog park, herb garden, picnic area and garages.
Dave Flessner is the business editor for the Times Free Press. A journalist for 35 years, Dave has been business editor and projects editor for the Chattanooga Times Free Press, city editor for The Chattanooga Times, business and county reporter for the Chattanooga Times, correspondent for the Lansing State Journal and Ingham County News in Michigan, staff writer for the Hastings Daily Tribune in Nebraska, and news director for WCBN-FM in Michigan. Dave, a native ...