Cleveland State Community College's Small Business Development Center announces several upcoming workshops that require registration. All seminars will be held in the Technology Building on the Cleveland, Tenn., campus.
* Friday: Free seminar on Creating a Positive First Impression, 8-9 a.m., Room 136. Brenda Sheehy will discuss how to achieve customer service excellence, signage and merchandising. Register online at www.tsbdc.org, or call 423-478-6247.
* Feb. 25: Intermediate QuickBooks Training Workshop, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Room 136. The course will be taught by Elizabeth R. Tribble, CPA. Participants will learn how to set preferences for payroll, taxes and inventory; track time and sales tax; create estimates; and develop a better understanding of financial data. A basic working knowledge of QuickBooks is required. Class fee is $75 per person. Lunch will not be provided, but a one-hour break will be given. Prepayment is required. To register, call 615-294-0511 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* March 2: Free seminar on Starting Your Own Business and Franchising, 5:30-7 p.m., Room 130. Jerry Bird, East Tennessee franchise specialist with FranNet, covers how to calculate and maximize financial returns within a franchise business, misconceptions about franchising and how to find the right franchise. To register, call 423-478-6247 or 423-591-4860.
* March 3: Free educational seminar "Time Management and Employee Productivity Management Using Shared Calendars," noon to 1 p.m., Room 136. Brenda Sheehy, SBDC director, will lead class utilizing the Microsoft Outlook calendar. Participants should bring laptop computers to the class. To register, visit the website at www.tsbdc.org or call 423-478-6247.
* March 7: Free seminar on Federal Procurement Training and Government Contracting. 9 a.m. to noon, Room 136. Paul Middlebrooks, marketing consultant with the University of Tennessee Procurement Technical Assistance Center, will be the instructor. Topics will include how to market to the federal government, information on federal codes and understanding the government contracting process. Register online at www.tsbdc.org. or call 423-478-6247.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:
related articles »
• Government Contracting Workshop from 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd.
• North Chattanooga Council meeting from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Iron Tribe Fitness, 125 Cherokee Blvd. The council ...
• Ambassador Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga at Hamilton Place: 2232 Center ...
Cleveland State Community College’s Small Business Development Center is hosting a free seminar, “Learn How To Sell on eBay and ...