Staff Photo by Tim Barber/Chattanooga Times Free Press - Bell Development is continuing new construction on seven units at Stonewall Farms in Hixson.
* Name: Stonewall Farms
* Location: On Hixson Pike, a mile from Valleybrook Golf & Country Club, this neighborhood is a 20-minute drive from downtown Chattanooga. Northgate Mall and associated stores are just a few minutes away.
* Age: Construction began in 2005.
* Status: 410 traditional American homes are built out of a planned 450. Six homes are under construction, and seven are available for purchase.
* Price: Homes cost from $200,000 to $225,000 for an average of 2,000 to 2,200 square feet. The price includes two to three bedrooms and two bathrooms with a finished bonus room.
* Features: Houses feature brick fronts, low-maintenance yards and vinyl sides. Energy-efficient vinyl windows keep bills low, while an included irrigation system keeps grass green. Each home has a true two-car garage with a finished floor. Floors inside are ceramic tile and wide-plank hardwood floors. Jacuzzis and raised vanities, along with upgraded fans and fixtures in the living area, add value to the home. Granite countertops, stainless Kenmore appliances and arched openings throughout give homes an open, luxurious feeling. A gas log fireplace adorns every home, and an included sunroom gives residents a bit more elbow room.
* Amenities: All homes come with an irrigation system, a screened porch with privacy fence and wrought-iron mailboxes lined up next to sidewalks.
* Fees: $53 per month covers all yard maintenance.
* Developers/builders: Bell Development
* Contact: Jay Bell, 423-760-1088
Ellis Smith joined the Chattanooga Times Free Press in January 2010 as a business reporter. His beat includes the flooring industry, Chattem, Unum, Krystal, the automobile market, real estate and technology. Ellis is from Marietta, Ga., and has a bachelor’s degree in mass communication at the University of West Georgia. He previously worked at UTV-13 News, Carrollton, Ga., as a producer; at the The West Georgian, Carrollton, Ga., as editor; and at the Times-Georgian, Carrollton, ...