• Name: Amber Brook Gardens
• Location: On Cassandra Smith, between Hamill Road and Hixson Pike.
• Status: Homes in the Amber Brook Gardens neighborhood continue to sell after Pratt Homebuilders took over the development and chose the neighborhood as a site for its St. Jude Home. Families bought tickets to win the house, the proceeds of which went to St. Jude Catholic charities. One house is under construction, and builders are preparing two more sites. One house is currently for sale. Fifty lots are available.
• Price: Homes cost from $215,000 to $300,000. Pratt Homebuilders offers seven customizable floor plans, single- and double-level, ranging from 1,600 square feet to 2,800 square feet. Homes include an average of three bedrooms and two bathrooms.
• Features: Houses feature hardwood floors in every room except bedrooms, including dining room, great room, kitchen and even the pantry. Bedrooms are available with hardwood floors as an optional extras. Water fixtures are made of stainless or oiled bronze. As per the neighborhood covenants, exteriors feature various combinations of brick, stone and Hardie board siding. No vinyl siding is used. Irrigation in front and side yards is furnished with each home, and backyards are seeded.
• Amenities: Sidewalks and matching mailboxes are provided. Neither a pool, gazebo nor a clubhouse is included, which eliminates neighborhood dues.
• Developers: Colony LP
• Builders: Pratt Homebuilders, Dreamtech Builders and Mercer Construction
• Contact: Paul Amos — 423-802-5362, email@example.com
Ellis Smith joined the Chattanooga Times Free Press in January 2010 as a business reporter. His beat includes the flooring industry, Chattem, Unum, Krystal, the automobile market, real estate and technology. Ellis is from Marietta, Ga., and has a bachelor’s degree in mass communication at the University of West Georgia. He previously worked at UTV-13 News, Carrollton, Ga., as a producer; at the The West Georgian, Carrollton, Ga., as editor; and at the Times-Georgian, Carrollton, ...