Below is a list of closings in observance of the Fourth of July holiday.
Banks, government offices
Banks, post offices and most businesses and government services will be closed Monday.
* All road construction-related lane closures will be suspended from noon Friday through 6 a.m. Tuesday.
* CARTA’s fixed-route bus service and North Shore Shuttle service will not operate on Monday. The Downtown Shuttle and Care-a-Van services will operate on a holiday schedule, running from 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. All CARTA services will resume regular schedules Tuesday.
* The Lookout Mountain Incline Railway will be open from 8:30 a.m. until 9:30 p.m.
* Hamilton County auto emissions testing centers will be closed Saturday through Monday, reopening for testing Tuesday.
* Hamilton County’s garbage and recyclable collection will continue on its regular schedule. The county’s refuse collection centers will also operate as normal.
* Dalton-Whitfield Solid Waste Authority facilities, including the Old Dixie Landfill & Convenience Center and the McGaughey Chapel, Westside and M.L. King Convenience Centers, will be closed Monday. All locations will be open Tuesday, and normal operating hours will resume Wednesday.
* Hamilton Place and Northgate malls will close at 6 p.m. Monday.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: