Events & Meetings
• The E. A. Anderson Lecture Series by the School of Business and Management at Southern Adventist University will present a lecture by Kenneth Scott, medical director of Life Care Centers of America at 8 p.m. Monday in the Hulsey Wellness Center, room 3135. More information about the free event is available at 236-2753.
• The Brainerd/East Brainerd Council will meet from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesday at the Car Barn, 6721 Heritage Business Ct., for a networking event. Lunch: $10.
• Hixson Area Council will meet at noon Wednesday at the North River Civic Center, 1009 Executive Dr. Laurel Powell of Franklin Architects will talk about plans for the vacant Hixson Middle School. Lunch: $10
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council will meet at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday at Collegedale City Hall, 4910 Swinyar Dr. Jim Winsett of the Better Business Bureau will talk about “Trust in the Market Place.”
• Enterprise Gateway Council will meet at 8:30 a.m. Thursday at Hospice of Chattanooga, 4411 Oakwood Dr. Breakfast: $6.
• Small Business Orientation will be offered at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Free. Call 423.756.8668 for more information and to register.
• The Young Professionals Association of Chattanooga will meet at 11:30 a.m. in the Chamber Board room, 811 Broad St. EPB President Harold DePriest will speak. Lunch: $12 for non-members, $10 for members. Visit www.ypchattanooga.org/events to register.
• March Chamber Power Connect will be at 8 a.m. Friday at Virginia College, 721 Eastgate Loop Rd. Speed networking event for 32 Chamber members only. To register, call 423.763.4366 or e-mail email@example.com.