published Thursday, March 24th, 2011

Fire puts family out of apartment

Two adults and two children are homeless tonight after a cooking pot caught fire and spread to damage the family’s half of a duplex around 6:50 p.m.

When the pot caught fire, the woman cooking tried to carry the flaming cookware outside. The flames’ heat caused her to drop the pot when she reached the living room of her 1103 Towne Hills Lane apartment.

Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to the living room, but the rest of the apartment sustained smoke and water damages. Total damages are estimated to be between $35,000 and $40,000.

No injuries were reported.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

Other National Articles

Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.