* Population: 1,960.
* Geographic area: 3.6 square miles.
* Date founded: July 29, 1975.
* Landmarks or geographic features: The W Road, one of the earliest roads up Signal Mountain and noted for the w-shaped switchbacks at the top and bottom.
* Median income: $68,977.
* Unique characteristics: Several large property lots give Walden a rural atmosphere.
* Most famous residents: Adolf Ochs (March 12, 1858-April 8, 1935), former owner of The New York Times and The Chattanooga Times, had a summer home in Walden.
* Historic info: Walden was incorporated when residents wanted more police protection than could be provided by the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Department.
* Schools: Nolan Elementary, Thrasher Elementary, Signal Mountain Middle and High schools.
* Best-kept secret: Walden is home to the Falling Water Falls, a small wilderness park and hiking area.
* Fun fact: One high-elevation point in Walden hosts an antenna farm transmitting two TV stations and two FM radio stations.