• Small Business Taxes seminar from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The program will cover business expenses, credits and deductions; withholding of income and Social Security tax; federal unemployment tax; deposit requirements; self-employment and estimated tax and business use of the home. Registration fee: $25. Call 756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Ribbon cutting for Hibachi Grill & Supreme Buffet at 11 a.m. Tuesday 6734 Lee Highway.
• Red Bank council meeting at noon Tuesday at the Red Bank Community Center on Merry Weather Drive. Attorney Marc Harwell of Leitner, Williams, Dooley & Napolitan will speak. Lunch: $10.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Meeting at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday at Collegedale City Hall, 4910 Swinyar Drive. Sharon Gilley will speak on “Stress Management.”
• Ribbon cutting for Olde Towne Antiques at 11 a.m. Wednesday at 3973 Hixson Pike.
• Hixson council meeting at noon Wednesday at the North River Civic Center, 1009 Executive Drive. Mayor Ron Littlefield will speak. Lunch: $10
• North Hamilton County council meeting at noon Thursday at Budweiser, 200 Shearer St. in Soddy-Daisy. Hamilton County Mayor Jim Coppinger will talk about “Plans for County Government and its Effects on Business.” Lunch: $10.
• Financing Your Business the SBA Way at 3 p.m. Thursday at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This course covers Small Business Administration loan option, including which loan program meets a specific entrepreneurial need. To register for the free seminar, call 756-8668.
• Business After Hours at 5 p.m. Thursday at The Mill event hall of Chattanooga, 1601 Gulf St., Suite 100. For more information, contact Chrissy Nolan at 763-4375 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Small Business Orientation at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning, including financial projections and legal entity. To register for the free seminar, call 756-8668.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:
related articles »
• Ambassador Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga at Hamilton Place: 2232 Center ...
• East Brainerd Council Meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Car Barn, 6721 Heritage Business Court. ...
Red Bank Council meeting from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Red Bank Community Center, next to Erlanger North. ...
Basic QuickBooks Workshop from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesday at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This ...