East Ridge fire crews spent the morning battling a house fire on Pioneer Ridge Trail.
Shortly before 7:30 a.m., East Ridge Fire and Rescue were dispatched to 2007 Pioneer Ridge Trail, where they found heavy smoke pouring from a two-story home, according to East Ridge police spokesman Erik Hopkins.
The residents had evacuated, and firefighters were able to isolate and extinguish the fire quickly, Hopkins said.
Investigators determined that a burning candle or incense was left unattended in the master bedroom closet, sparking the blaze.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: