East Ridge Fire/Rescue responded to a fire at 607 S. St. Marks Ave fire. Firefighters arrived on the scene in four minutes to find a fire in the carport area that had extended up into the attic. They quickly extinguished the fire prevented it from spreading to the remainder of the home. They determined that an electrical short caused the fire. Damage is estimated at $8,000.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: