• Name: Hamilton on Hunter North
• Location: Hunter Road in Ooltewah. Children may attend Wallace A. Smith Elementary, Hunter Middle and Central High schools. Since it's considered a rural area by the USDA, developers say homeowners can qualify for 100 percent loans.
• Status: Seven under construction, seven completed for sale of 1,352 total lots.
• Price: These three-bedroom, two- to three-bathroom homes encompass between 1,675 square feet and 2,152 square feet, for the cost of between $175,000 and $210,000. As an added incentive, developers are offering homeowners the chance to choose $10,000 worth of free upgrades for the same price.
• Features: This single-family neighborhood in rural Hamilton County offers potential homebuyers the usual options of ceramic tile kitchens, hardwood floors and granite countertops. But developer Jay Bell says he goes above and beyond, offering bonuses such as kitchen backsplashes, stainless steel appliances, custom maple cabinets and gas log fireplaces with entertainment niches. Outside, homes come with some type of vinyl siding and masonry foundations, with some offering the option of a stone front.
• Amenities: This family neighborhood doesn't have sidewalks or a clubhouse, but it offers privacy and large, wooded lots.
• Developers: Bell Development
• Builders: Davidson Construction, Newport Construction
• Contact: Bell Development, 760-1088 or 902-8186
Ellis Smith joined the Chattanooga Times Free Press in January 2010 as a business reporter. His beat includes the flooring industry, Chattem, Unum, Krystal, the automobile market, real estate and technology. Ellis is from Marietta, Ga., and has a bachelor’s degree in mass communication at the University of West Georgia. He previously worked at UTV-13 News, Carrollton, Ga., as a producer; at the The West Georgian, Carrollton, Ga., as editor; and at the Times-Georgian, Carrollton, ...