The latest in kitchen design and function will be on display Saturday when the Junior League of Chattanooga holds its seventh annual Tour du Jour.
Six homes in Riverview, on Lookout and Signal mountains wll be featured in the self-guided tour.
Stephanie Devine, JLC public relations chairwoman, said tour guests will receive a guidebook, with photos of each home by Cansler Photography and information outlining each kitchen's design and material details.
Devine said the featured homes showcase the style of distinguished designers such as Haskell Interiors, Innovative Cabinetry and Granite, The Tile Store, Ferguson's, Cordell Cabinetry and Scarlett's Cabinetry.
She added the league's cookbook, "Seasoned to Taste," will be sold for $29.95 at each of the tour locations.
Tickets are priced at $15 for one, $20 for two if purchased today, either by phone, online or at the Junior League office, 622 E. Fourth St. Tickets will be $20 Saturday. They may be purchased at any home on the tour.
Contact Susan Pierce at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-757-6284.
If You Go
* What: Tour du Jour kitchen tour.
* When: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday.
* Where: Riverview, Lookout and Signal mountains.
* Admission: $15 one ticket, $20 two tickets if purchased today; $20 per ticket Saturday.
* Phone: 267-5053.
* Website: www.jlchatt.org.
* Note: Tickets may be purchased in advance by phone, online or at the Junior League office, 622 E. Fourth St.
* 233 W. Brow Road, Lookout Mountain
* 111 Augusta Drive, Lookout Mountain
* 11 Hidden Brook Lane, Signal Mountain
* 42 Old Riding Way, Signal Mountain
* 643 High Pasture, Signal Mountain
* 1618 Riverview Road, Chattanooga
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...