Southside celebration spotlights art, flowers, cuisine
Palate 2 Palette, a fundraiser for the Craniofacial Foundation of America, will celebrate Chattanooga's visual, floral and culinary talent this weekend. Among the highlights of the evening:
* Stroll: The event begins with a gallery stroll through the Southside district, though a trolley and courtesy cars from Volkswagen will be available to those who'd rather roll than stroll. At eight galleries, visitors will not only "savor the art" and meet the artists but enjoy cuisine from local chefs with appropriate wine pairings.
* Living Art Gallery: This year's interactive art experience features Tracy Lee Stum, an internationally recognized 3-D chalk artist. Stum, from Ventura, Calif., will demonstrate her talent from 5 to 8 p.m. The evening will combine art with music, compliments of Bartlee Norton & 64 Highway, who are scheduled to perform at 7 p.m.
* Youth Gallery: High school art students provide the scenery at the Youth Gallery, occupying the former Hills Floral Warehouse at 100 W. Main St. A reception to preview the exhibition is scheduled 7-9 p.m. today with a $5 admission for adults, $2 for students. A sneak peek of the Art Car Parade scheduled Saturday morning will be offered here tonight as well. Special guest is Brandon Carruth, a 14-year-old fashion designer, who will preview his fall/winter collection.
n Bubbles & Sweets: Following the stroll is Bubbles & Sweets, an after-party of champagne and desserts from 8 to 10 p.m. at Track 29. Willie Kitchens and his band will entertain.
IF YOU GO
* What: Palate 2 Palette fundraiser.
* When: 5-8 p.m. Saturday (gallery stroll); 8-10 p.m. (Bubbles & Sweets after-party).
* Where: Southside art galleries (stroll); Track 29, 1400 Market St. (after-party).
* Admission: $75.
* Phone: 778-9191.
* Website: p2pchattanooga.com
The culinary and floral artists featured at each venue are listed in parentheses.
* Area 61, 61 E. Main St. (BrewHaus; Garden Vignettes)
* Gallery 1401, 1401 Williams St. (St. John's; Ensign the Florist)
* H*Art Gallery, 110 E. Main St. (Niko's Southside Grill; Divine Designs by Amanda)
* Ignis Glass, 1800 Rossville Ave. (212 Market; Lines Orchids)
* Living Arts Gallery, Loose Cannon Studios, 1800-A Rossville Ave. (Events With Taste; Divine Designs by Amanda)
* Miki Boni Studios, 1611 Mitchell Ave. (Jason's Deli; Chattanooga Florist)
* Townsend Atelier, 201 W. Main St. (Marco's Italian Bistro; Flowers by Gil & Curt)
* Youth Gallery, 100 W. Main St. (Impressions Catering; Divine Designs by Amanda)
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: