• Brainerd/East Brainerd Council Meeting at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Car Barn, 6721 Heritage Business Court. Meetings cost $10.
• Ribbon Cutting for Town & Country Barbershop & Salon from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at 125 N. Market St.
• East Ridge Council Meeting at noon Wednesday at the East Ridge Community Center, 1517 Tombras Ave. Penny Hughey of Chattanooga Business Machines will speak on “Networking Know-How.” Meetings cost $10.
• Free Tax Consultation from 8 to 10 a.m. Thursday at the Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Register for the free service from the Tennessee Small Business Development Center by calling 423-756-8668.
• Enterprise Gateway Council Meeting at 8:30 a.m. Thursday at Hospice of Chattanooga, 4411 Oakwood Drive. Rick Hansard of Coca-Cola Bottling Co., will speak on “Brand Awareness.” Meetings cost $10.
• Government Contracting Workshops from 9 a.m. to noon Thursday at the Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The seminar will cover the basics of government contracting. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• Understanding Government Certification Programs for Minority, Women and Disabled Veterans from 1 to 3 p.m. Thursday at the Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Paul Middlebrook of the UTC Industrial Services will discuss federal, state and municipal government programs for small and disadvantaged businesses. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• International Business Council Meeting from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Contact Gladys Pineda-Loher at email@example.com to RSVP.
• April YPAC Professional Development Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday at the Chamber Board Room, 811 Broad St. to discuss topics related to the career development of the area’s young professionals. Visit www.ypchattanooga.org to find out more.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress