• St. Thaddaeus' Episcopal Church, 4300 Locksley Lane; 11 a.m. today; program of information on resources for chronically and terminally ill people and those who care for them by Clark Taylor, chief executive officer of Hospice of Chattanooga, follows meeting of the Murray Hills Association; 892-2377.
• Morris Hill Baptist Church, 1804 Morris Hill Road; 6:30-9 p.m. Tuesday; Hamilton County Baptist Association vacation Bible school workers clinic; 267-3794.
• First Baptist Church, 2645 LaFayette Road, Fort Oglethorpe, Ga.; 6:30-9 p.m. Tuesday; Northwest Georgia/Lookout Valley Baptist Association vacation Bible school clinic; 706-764-1941.
• Victory Missionary Baptist Church, Old Highway 411, Madisonville, Tenn.; 7 p.m. today; gospel concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; 775-2806; also, Grace Memorial Church, 178 Scenic River Road, Madisonville, Tenn., 11 a.m. Sunday; Towee Falls Baptist Church, 1336 Towee Falls Road, Tellico Plains, Tenn., 6 p.m. Sunday; Shady Vale Church of God, 27 Lone Oak Road, Pikeville, Tenn., 6:30 p.m. CDT Wednesday.
• First Cumberland Presbyterian Church, 1505 N. Moore Road; 5 p.m. Sunday; concert by Chattanooga Clarinet Choir; free; 706-270-4184.
• New Haven Baptist Church, 1058 Graysville Road; 6 p.m. Sunday; concert by Southern Gospel Music Association Hall of Fame member and Singing News award winner Squire Parsons and his trio; 903-8627.
• Philadelphia Baptist, 1065 Pine Grove Road, Ringgold, Ga.; 6:30 p.m. Friday; gospel concert featuring The Cantrell Family Quartet and The Hickeys; 706-891-5683.
• Ringgold Depot, 155 Depot St., Ringgold, Ga.; 7 p.m. Friday; gospel singing features Jeff Hullender Family, Gene Lowery & Pipeline, and Ken Hicks & Testimony; free but love offering benefits cancer-stricken Kim Dempsey Owens; 706-935-3061.
• Decherd Church of God, 1300 W. Market St., Decherd, Tenn.; 5 p.m. CDT Saturday, April 28; benefit dinner ($6), auction and gospel singing by The Old Time Christians of Fayetteville, Tenn., The Catheys of Manchester, Tenn., Seeds of Joy of Manchester, Tenn., The Carter Family of Huntland, Tenn., The Sullivans of McMinnville, Tenn., The Mary Bean Singers of Hillsboro, Tenn., Saved By Grace of Gruetli Laager, Tenn., The Singing Gospels of Whitwell, Tenn., and Brother Joe Gifford & Brother David Miller of Flintville, Tenn.; love offering benefits Heartfelt Gospel Music Association; 931-928-2438 or 931-212-4638.
• Collegedale Community Church, 4995 Swinyar Drive; 7 p.m. Saturday, April 28; bluegrass concert by Christine Smith, a Canada-born singer/songwriter/musician and 2011 Bluegrass Songwriter of the year -- Virginia; free 396.5464 or www.CollegedaleCommunity.com.
• Hamilton County Courthouse, Georgia Avenue; noon Thursday, May 3; 61st annual observance of National Day of Prayer; 834-4791.
• Trinity Lutheran Church, 5001 Hixson Pike; 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Thursday, May 3, prayer, 10 a.m.-noon, brunch, in observance of National Day of Prayer; 870-1236.
• Benedictine Sisters Retreat Center, 916 Convent Road N.E., Cullman, Ala.; 6 p.m. CDT Friday through noon meal Sunday, April 29; intensive centering prayer retreat held in conjunction with Contemplative Outreach Birmingham for participants who have attended an introductory retreat or workshop; $195 (includes private room, meals); 256-734-8302 or email email@example.com.
• Bert Jones, after 25 years as associate pastor of Red Bank Baptist Church and 42 years in the ministry, will retire on Sunday, May 20. The church will host a reception for him and his wife, Peggy, on Sunday, April 29, at 6 p.m. He also has served on the staffs of First Baptist, Troy, Ala., First Baptist, Laurel, Miss., and Westwood Baptist, Cleveland, Tenn. ...The Rev. Dr. Warren Moorehead has been called as interim pastor of Fellowship Baptist Church, 210 Thomas Ave., Chickamauga, Ga. ... Wayne McDonough has resigned as youth pastor of First Baptist, 603 W. Seventh St., Chickamauga, Ga. ... The Rev. Lesley Chadwick has resigned as pastor of Mountain View Baptist Church, 30 Meacham Road, Rossville ... The Rev. Fred Bradford has retired after 30 years as pastor of Sulphur Springs Baptist Church, County Road 889, Valley Head, Ala.
• Chattanooga House of Prayer, Main and Carter streets (third floor); 10 a.m. today; Ronnie Phillips, a member of the pastoral staff at Abba's House, speaker for Chattanooga Aglow Lighthouse gathering on "A Picture of the Church" (lunch follows at Broad Street Grille); 697-9866 or 332-9715.
• First Baptist Church, 401 Gateway Ave.; noon Thursday; Scenic City Women's Network monthly luncheon features address, "Saying Yes! To God's Best!," by Luken Holdings Inc. president/chief executive officer and First Things First board chairwoman Lynda Childress Hawks; $10 members, $12 visitors; reservations deadline Tuesday; 698-6262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Lee University, 150 11th St. N.E. (Conn Center), Cleveland, Tenn.; 7:30 p.m. Sunday; U-Church event for students, alumni and community features Grammy Award-nominated indie-rock worship band Gungor; 961-1823 or email email@example.com.
• Dupont Park, North Access Road (next to McKamey Animal Care and Adoption Center); 4:30 p.m. Sunday, April 29; Preachin' in the Park event offers children's activities, food, music and message by One Accord Community Church pastor Ray Williams (bring lawn chair or blanket); 875-8377.