• Zac Swartout, Notre Dame: After going 5-for-7 with four doubles and driving in four runs in the Irish's two baseball wins at Lookout Valley on Thursday in the Mountain Valley Classic, he was 2-for-3 with a home run, a double and four RBIs in their 5-3 win over Lincoln County on Friday.
• Hunter McClendon, Rhea County: His three RBIs in the Golden Eagles' 8-7 victory over Red Bank included the tying and winning runs with a two-out single in the eighth inning.
• John Tipton, Baylor: He pitched the first of two shutouts for the Red Raiders against Division II-AA East/Middle Region opponent Father Ryan, 1-0 on a six-hitter with no walks, and then went 2-for-2 and drove in one of their two runs in the second game.
• Tucker Sheram, Coahulla Creek: He was the winning pitcher as the Colts won their Georgia Class AA playoff series with a 3-1 defeat of River Ridge after falling 6-1, with Sheram scoring, in their first matchup Friday.
• Marissa Murray, Hixson: She pitched a one-hitter with six strikeouts and helped the Lady Wildcats defeat Sale Creek 7-1 in softball.
• Jackson Lenoir, Arts & Sciences: He won 8-1 in singles and doubles, teaming with Rajia Moughrabi, and the Patriots cruised past Red Bank 9-0 in a District 6-A/AA tennis match.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: