Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today (times EDT):
- A HIGH-ENERGY NIGHT AT THE GOP CONVENTION
Romney plunges into the campaign's final 67 days focused more than ever on jobs and the economy.
- CLINT EASTWOOD GOES OFF-SCRIPT
Taking the podium, the actor turns in a bizarre, unscripted endorsement of Romney.
- ISAAC LEAVES SOGGY MESS AS IT HEADS INTO NATION'S MIDSECTION
Louisiana residents without power or clean water face days of misery.
- COLORADO SHOOTING SUSPECT TRIED TO CALL DOCTOR
Defense says 9 minutes before the theater attack, James Holmes dialed an after-hours number hoping to reach psychiatrist.
- WHY THE FINANCIAL WORLD IS HANGING ON BERNANKE'S WORDS
At 10 a.m., the Fed chief will deliver a speech that might give clues about his next moves to strengthen the U.S. economy.
- HARVARD PROBING POSSIBLE EXAM CHEATING
The allegations concern a take-home final exam, and now the university is considering an honor code.
- A LAST GOODBYE FOR NEIL ARMSTRONG
Lunar pioneers will attend a private service at 11 a.m. in Ohio for the hero-astronaut.
- HOW TO SUCCEED IN COLLEGE: SLEEP MORE
A campus-wide "flash nap" is one way schools are spreading the word that rested students are better students.
- CORONER REVEALS FINDINGS ON STALLONE'S SON
Sage Stallone died at age 36 from natural causes due to a heart condition.
- A PALACE FOR HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL
A gleaming $60 million field of dreams opens tonight in Texas. (Where else?)