It's not too soon to consider how you'll ring in the new year. Here are some ways to say hello to 2013 on Dec. 31, whether you'll celebrate early or rock as the clock strikes midnight. Learn more in next week's ChattanoogaNow.
* Chattanooga Choo Choo -- 1400 Market St. New Year's Rockin' Eve Party, featuring The Beaters, 7:30 p.m.-1 a.m., $40. Accommodations available. www.choochoo.com, 800-TRACK-29.
* The Comedy Catch -- 3224 Brainerd Road. Two shows by Josh Phillips and Joe Kilgallon. Early bird show, 7 p.m., $18. Midnight Party Show, 9:30 p.m., $34. www.TheComedyCatch.com, 629-2233.
* Hunter Museum of American Art -- 10 Bluff View. Party on the Bluff, 8:30 p.m.-1 a.m., $75 in advance, $85 at door ($65 for members in advance). www.huntermuseum.org, 267-0968.
* Memorial Auditorium -- 399 McCallie Ave. New Year's Soul & Blues Celebration, featuring TK-Soul, Bobby Rush, Adam Bruce, Chris Michael, Bobbye "Doll" Johnson and Willie Hill, $29 and $33. www.ChattanoogaOnStage.com, 642-TIXS.
* Southern Belle Riverboat -- 201 Riverfront Parkway. Early Bird Dinner Cruise, 4:30-6:30 p.m., $36.50 adults, $19.50 children 3-12, free to younger passengers. New Year's on the River Cruise (adults only), 8 p.m.-1 a.m., $85. www.chattanoogariverboat.com, 266-4488.
* Track 29 -- 1400 Market St. Concert by Here Come the Mummies, 8 p.m.-1 a.m. www.track29.co.
For the Kiddies
* Creative Discovery Museum -- 321 Chestnut St. New Year's at Noon, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. www.cdmfun.org, 756-2738.
* Southern Belle Riverboat -- 201 Riverfront Parkway. New Year's Eve Kids Cruise, 11:30 a.m., $19 ages 11 and up, $12, ages 3-10, free to younger passengers. www.chattanoogariverboat.com, 266-4488.
* Tennessee Aquarium -- 1 Broad St. New Year's Eve Sleep in the Deep slumber party, 6:45 p.m.-8 a.m. www.tnaqua.org, 267-3474.