published Friday, February 17th, 2012

Small fire in Hixson home started in dryer

A small residential fire Friday afternoon in Hixson was caused by an old dryer apparently built-up with lint, authorities said.

Firefighters responded to the fire at 12:32 p.m. at 744 Ashley Forest Lane, and the fire was contained to the laundry area, according to a news release from Chattanooga Fire Department spokesman Randall Parker said.

Nobody was home when the fire happened, and the owners went across the street to call 911 when they returned home.

The homeowners told investigators that they used the dryer late Thursday afternoon.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.