Ash Wednesday services
* Anglican Church of the Redeemer, 1815 McCallie Ave. (Richmont Graduate University), 6 p.m.
* Church of the Nativity Episcopal, 1201 Cross St., Fort Oglethorpe, Ga., noon and 6 p.m.
* First-Centenary United Methodist Church, 12:05 and 6:15 p.m.
* GraceWorks Church, 6445 Lee Highway, 6:30 p.m.
* Northminster Presbyterian Church, 4791 Hal Drive, 6 p.m.
* Pilgrim Congregational Church, 400 Glenwood Drive, 7 p.m.
* Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 14950 Rhea County Highway, Evensville, Tenn., 7 p.m.
* St. Francis of Assisi Episcopal Church, 7555 Ooltewah-Georgetown Road, noon and 7 p.m.
* St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St., 7 a.m. and 12:05 and 5 p.m.
* St. Peter's Episcopal Church, 848 Ashland Terrace, 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
* St. Thaddaeus' Episcopal Church, 4300 Locksley Lane, 7 a.m., noon and 7 p.m.
* Thankful Episcopal Church, 1607 W. 43rd St., 7 p.m.
* Payne's Cove Methodist Church, 303 Charley Roberts Road, Pelham, Tenn.; 5 p.m. CST today; dinner, auction and gospel singing helps with medical expenses of logging accident victim Billy Belcher; $6 (dinner), love offering taken; 931-632-0056.
* Decherd Church of God, 1300 W. Market St., Decherd, Tenn.; 5 p.m. CST Saturday, Feb. 25; dinner, auction and gospel singing benefits Glenn and Shelly Thomas; $6 (dinner) and love offering taken; 931-632-0056.
* Covenant College, 14049 Scenic Highway, Lookout Mountain, Ga.; 11 a.m. Wednesday-Friday (chapel) and 7 p.m. Thursday (Brock Hall); Marriage, Family & Community Conference features Justin Holcomb, pastor, Mars Hills Church, adjunct professor at Reformed Theological Seminary and executive director of the Resurgence, which equips Christians for ministry; free; 706-820-1560.
* St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St.; 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays, Feb. 29-March 28; 39th annual Thorne Sparkman School of Religion offers classes, "Religion and the American Presidency: Washington, Madison, Jefferson, and Lincoln," led by Dr. Michael Woodward and Christopher Carpenter of The McCallie School; "Revelations of the Magi: Rediscovering the Connections Between Christianity and Astrology," led by Dr. Lilan Laishley, a faculty member at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, and Lisa Harrison, a psychotherapist; "Exploring the Creeds," led by the Rev. Dr. Rebecca Abts Wright, professor of Old Testament, The School of Theology, The University of the South; "Christ and Culture: The Church's Role in American Political Life." led by Dr. Joseph Monti, professor emeritus of Christian ethics and moral theology, The School of Theology, The University of The South; and "Practice Resurrection: Transforming Power for Life Today," led by the Rev. Kathryn Mary "Kammy" Young, interim director of contextual education, The School of Theology, The University of the South; also: weekly organ meditation, 5:30 p.m., Holy Eucharist, 5:45 p.m., and dinner, 6 p.m.; $20 (classes) and $7 (per meal); 266-8195.
* Hamilton County Baptist Association, 508 N. Market St.; 10 a.m.-noon Wednesday; seminar, "Financial Issues Facing Churches," for church treasurers, administrative employees, finance or personnel committees, ministers, secretaries or interested lay leaders; free; 267-3794.
* First-Centenary United Methodist Church, 419 McCallie Ave. (parlor); begins 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 26; eight-session, ecumenical Forward group for widowed men and women of all ages; free; 756-2021.
* Warren Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church, 503 N. Market St.; 4 p.m. Saturday, March 3; $20 ($30 per couple); ticket deadline Monday; 267-4992.
* Oakwood Community Church, 3927 Webb Road; 6 p.m. Sunday; monthly singing features Deanna Runion and others; 903-3652.
* East Ridge Christian Church, 1514 Rebecca Drive; 6:30 p.m. today; concert by Sustaining Grace trio; also, 6 p.m. Sunday, Covenant Baptist Church, 5502 Dayton Blvd., Red Bank; danarussellmusic firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Middlecross Baptist, 4009 Norcross Road, Hixson; 5:30 p.m. Saturday Feb. 25; concert for wildlife dinner by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; also, Shadyvale Church of God, 27 Lone Oak Road, Pikeville, Tenn., 11 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 26; and Family Worship Center, 1120 Dayton Mountain Highway, Dayton, Tenn., 6 p.m. Sunday Feb. 26; 775-2806 or email email@example.com.
* Carpenter's Cowboy Church, 3616 Rossville Blvd.; 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 25; "Save Our Seed Impact Summit," hosted by Kingdom Harvest Church, offers panel of City Council members Manny Rico and Andrae McGary and religious leaders discussing ways to prevent and curb violence, plus musical guest Phyllicia McCastle; free; 394-4222.
* Broad Street Grill, 1201 Broad St.; 11:30 a.m. today; pastor Frank and Sarah Perry of Might Warriors Church speakers for monthly Aglow gathering; $10 (meal); 697-9866 or 332-9715.
* First Baptist Church, 401 Gateway Ave.; noon Thursday; monthly Scenic City Women's Network luncheon features "Round Tables" for networking and fellowship; $10 members, $12 visitors; reservations deadline Tuesday; 698-6262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Wolf Creek Baptist Church, Spring City, Tenn.; 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 25; 12th annual Cracked Pots Ladies Day has theme of "Peace in the Midst of Your Storm" and will include speakers Marion Pledger and Sheila Miner, music and lunch; $12 in advance or $15 at door; 423-452-0764.