* ARTIST RECEPTION Closing reception for "Works by Duncan" features sculptor Isaac Duncan and his mentor, Richard Hunt, at 6 p.m. today at Bessie Smith Cultural Center, 200 E. M.L. King Blvd. Admission: $7 nonmembers. 266-8658.
* DANCE TROUPE Contemporary dance/acrobatic troupe Diavolo performs in Patten Performances series at 7:30 p.m. today in the UTC Fine Arts Center, corner of Vine and Palmetto streets. Admission: $19-$22. 425-4269.
* IN-STORE VISIT Country singer Craig Morgan signs autographs at noon today at the Hixson Walmart, 5764 Highway 153, to celebrate release of new album "This Ole Boy." 870-1680.
* INTERACTIVE LECTURE Dr. David Ross, president of the Graduate Institute of Applied Linguistics in Dallas, discusses "The Role of Linguistics in the Experiences of a Bible Translator" at 7-8 p.m. today in the Jones Lecture Hall in the School of Religion, corner of Eight Street Northwest and Parker Street, at Lee University, Cleveland, Tenn. Free admission. 423-614-8223.
* MUSICAL DRAMA "Rebecca Furiosa," a collaboration of dancers, actors, writers, filmmakers and musicians, will be presented at 8 p.m. today at Barking Legs Theater, 1307 Dodds Ave. Admission: $10. 624-5347, www.barkinglegs.org.
* SYMPHONIC BAND The Lee University Symphonic Band presents "Expressions and Meaning in Music," a concert of wind band and worship music, at 7:30 p.m. today in Conn Center, Cleveland, Tenn. Free admission. 423-614-8240.