- Bryan College, 721 Bryan Drive, Dayton, Tenn.; 10 a.m. Friday; "Ethnic Diversity and the Kingdom of God: Oneness Embraced," public presentation by Dr. Tony Evans, pastor of Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship in Dallas and president of The Urban Alternative ministry (followed by pastors luncheon); 775-7491 (for luncheon registration information).
- Jewish Cultural Center, 5461 North Terrace Road; 7 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 21; Havdallah ceremony/community dinner/interfaith panel discussion on life and the after-life featuring Rabbi Bill Tepper of Mizpah Congregation, Imam Plemon ElAmin of the Muslim community, Father Stavros Ballas of Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church and Reggie Lisemby of Brainerd Baptist Church; free but donations encouraged; reservations requested; 493-0270, ext. 10, or email email@example.com.
- St. Luke United Methodist Church, 3210 Social Circle; 1 p.m. Sunday; preview of Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University course, which is 13-week series designed to guide people of all ages and income levels to financial independence (preceded by soup/sandwich lunch at noon); 877-6447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hixson United Methodist Church, 5301 Old Hixson Pike; 3-5 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 22; meet/greet with, message by (3:30 p.m.) and support of the Rev. David Graves, former staff member at Hixson UMC, former senior pastor at Ooltewah UMC, present district superintendent of the denomination's Kingsport District and Holston Conference nominee for bishop in the denomination's Southeast Jurisdictional Conference.
- Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church, 3430 Blair Road N.W., Cleveland, Tenn.; 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 21; gospel music program; free but canned food donations benefit a local food bank and breast cancer awareness; 315-9780.
- Dayton Community Chapel, Highway 30, Dayton, Tenn.; 11 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 21; church pianist Ann Lewis guest artist for "Hymns for Him!" praise service; 775-9661.
- North Hixson Church of God, 5828 Cassandra Smith Road, Hixson; 11 a.m. Sunday; gospel concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; also, Oakwood Community Church, 3927 Webb Road, 6 p.m. Sunday; First Calvary Baptist Church, 300 Bell Ave., 6 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 21; Eastview Baptist, 2083 No Pone Road N.W., Georgetown, 11 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 22; and Faith Baptist Church, 23034 Old State Highway 28, Cleveland, Tenn., 6 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 22; 775-2806.
- Tyner United Methodist Church, 6805 Standifer Gap Road; beginning Wednesday; book-centered discussion class for parents with children of all ages on dealing with sensitive issues and led by the Rev. Natalie Smart; 892-0444.
- Benedictine Sisters Retreat Center, 916 Convent Road, Cullman, Ala.; 6 p.m. CST Friday-noon Sunday, Jan. 22; introductory centering prayer retreat; $195, includes private room and meals; 256-734-8302 or email email@example.com.
- New Covenant Fellowship Church, 1326 N. Moore Road; 10:30 a.m. Sunday; Dr. M.L. King Jr. birthday presentation by Stephon Ferguson, who performs speeches first delivered by the late civil rights leader, and music by college choirs; 899-8001.
- Memorial Hospital, 2525 De Sales Ave. (Community Rooms); 11 a.m. Monday; 20th annual Peace, Love and Unity Service honors Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., with address by Hospice of Chattanooga chief executive Dr. Clark Taylor; 495-7791.
- Pleasant Grove Baptist Church, 427 Pleasant Grove Road, Kensington, Ga.; 6:30 p.m. Monday; the Rev. Dr. Donald L. White, pastor of Morning Star Missionary Baptist Church, speaker for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. birthday memorial celebration; 706-539-2959.
- Mighty Warriors Church, 7510 Lee Highway; 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 21; Aglow gathering with Mary Bolton, Aglow state prayer chairwoman for Tennessee, speaker on "Islam: Unveiling the System, Loving the People"; 697-9866 or 534-332-9715.
- Christian Outreach Ministries, 205 Rabbit Valley Road, Cleveland, Tenn.; 7 p.m. nightly; 21-day revival in progress.
- New Emmanual Baptist Church, 139 E. 25th St.; 7 p.m. Wednesday-Friday; T.J. Johnson of Memphis speaker for winter youth revival; 267-8210.
-- Compiled by staff writer Clint Cooper