• QuickBooks workshop from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesday at the Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The workshop walks attendees through the process of setting up business finances in QuickBooks, including check writing, invoicing and report generation. To register for the $95 course, call 756-86668.
• Red Bank council meeting at noon Tuesday at Red Bank Presbyterian Church, 4320 Dayton Blvd. Red Bank Mayor Monty Millard will speak. Meetings cost is $10.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale council meeting at 9:15 a.m. Wednesday at Collegedale City Hall, 4910 Swinyar Drive. Dan Challener, president of the Public Education Foundation, will speak.
• Hixson council meeting at noon Wednesday at the North River Civic Center, 1009 Executive Drive. Kim White, president of River City Co., will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• North Hamilton County council meeting at noon Thursday at Budweiser of Chattanooga, 200 Shearer St. Hamilton County Schools Superintendent Rick Smith will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Business After Hours from 5 to 7 p.m.. Thursday at Chattanooga Auto Auction, 2120 Stein Drive. For more information, contact Chrissy Jones at 763-4375 or at email@example.com.
• Small business orientation from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. To register for the free event, call 756-8668.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: