Events and seminars
• Free tax consultation from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Tuesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Advance registration required for this free service, offered by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center. Call 423-756-8668 to schedule an appointment.
• QuickBooks workshop from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Offered by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this step-by-step workshop walks attendees through the process of setting up business finances in QuickBooks. The class includes topics such as check writing, invoicing and report generation based on business-provided information. To register for the $95 course, call 756-8668
• Chamber Ambassadors luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Niko’s Southside Grill, 1200 Cowart St.
• North Chattanooga Council Meeting — networking from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday at The Club Room at One North Shore. Meetings cost $10.
• Leadership Chattanooga Alumni Association “Re-gathering” from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday at 3rd Deck Burger Bar at Pier 2, 201 Riverfront Parkway.
• An Hour With My Attorney from 11 a.m. to noon Wednesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Attorney Rachel Fisher will explore leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and other topics of interest. Call 756-8668 to register.
• Ribbon Cutting for BI-LO at 3600 Hixson Pike at 11 a.m. Wednesday.
• MidTown Council Meeting at 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Out of the Blue Café, 3230 Brainerd Road. Garnet Chapin, president of The Parks Foundation, will speak on “Chattanooga’s Growth and History.” Meetings cost $10.
• Downtown Council Meeting at 7:30 a.m. Thursday at The Double Tree Hotel, 407 Chestnut St. to discuss this summer’s “GigTank and Geek Hunt.” Meetings cost $10.
• Small-Business Orientation from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. To register for the free event, call 756-8668.
• ASTD Chapter Meeting at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Sugar’s Ribs, 507 Broad St., for networking dinner and book exchange. Members cost $5 and guests are welcome for $10. For more information contact Bruce W. Blohm at 423-503-8365 or on the web at www.astdchatt.org.
• YPAC After Hours from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday at the DoubleTree Hotel, 407 Chestnut St.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress