published Tuesday, March 6th, 2012

Chattanooga Realty

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

72
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
onetinsoldier said...

Picking their plots?

March 6, 2012 at 12:27 a.m.
fairmon said...

We may be saying we are looking for a basement only, we can't afford the home owners insurance and property taxes on a house. The city council is reviewing a budget that requires more revenue.

March 6, 2012 at 4:22 a.m.
ITguy said...

All these tornados are clearly Obama's fault.

March 6, 2012 at 6:05 a.m.
hambone said...

You've got to do better than this Clay. Nothing here to stir the cons.

Oh wait, I get it !

The agent is a 1%ER !

March 6, 2012 at 6:28 a.m.
dude_abides said...

Maybe we will be able to discuss this subject as adults, without political acrimony. Maybe we can close ranks and express our humanity, our commonality. Maybe nobody will mention global warming... oops!

March 6, 2012 at 7:45 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

It would be much more fun to talk about the possibility that Obama took out Breitbart!

Nothing to see here! "Natural causes" declared in two hours. Move along!

No curiosity from the MSM. I suppose this thing needs to disappear as quickly and quietly as possible. The possibilities are too chilling to imagine.

March 6, 2012 at 8:44 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

...the simple minded can occupy themselves with contraception and basements.

March 6, 2012 at 8:46 a.m.
MTJohn said...

May I suggest that, for those of us who have not been affected by the recent storms, a generous contribution to the disaster response agency of your choice.

March 6, 2012 at 8:52 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

...the simple minded can occupy themselves with contraception and basements.

And the paranoid and reactionary can occupy themselves with conspiracy theories.

March 6, 2012 at 9:04 a.m.
potcat said...

May i suggest that, instead of a generous donation to a disaster response team, go to the area hit by the storms and pick a family and help them personaly. Thats the only way you will ever know if anyone recieved help.

They are documented cases such as the floods in Nashville.Country music stars held a benefit and raised millions and so-called charities still are holding on to the money, same as this area from last years storms.

March 6, 2012 at 9:07 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

lkeithlu said... "And the paranoid and reactionary can occupy themselves with conspiracy theories."

When is the last time you heard about cause of death being declared in two hours, with no autopsy? I have not heard a specific cause of death yet. Isn't that weird?

March 6, 2012 at 9:12 a.m.
MTJohn said...

BigRidgePatriot said...When is the last time you heard about cause of death being declared in two hours, with no autopsy? I have not heard a specific cause of death yet. Isn't that weird?

Even weirder is the fact that we haven't hear a specific cause of death yet for Whitney Houston.

March 6, 2012 at 9:20 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

I have not heard a specific cause of death yet. Isn't that weird?

Not if the family wants their privacy protected and asked that it not be released.

March 6, 2012 at 9:35 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

MTJohn said... "Even weirder is the fact that we haven't hear a specific cause of death yet for Whitney Houston."

The Whitney Houston case is more typical. Notice that they want to complete an autopsy before they make any declarations. In the case of Breitbart they seem to be falling all over themselves to close the story. Nobody does an autopsy in two hours so they have no way of knowing death was from natural causes. They obviously just "want" death to be due to natural causes, true or not.

March 6, 2012 at 9:36 a.m.
alprova said...

BRP wrote: "When is the last time you heard about cause of death being declared in two hours, with no autopsy? I have not heard a specific cause of death yet."

The man had a history of heart problems. Thew man collapsed at home of an obvious heart attack. Do a little source searching. I read article after article, before I found out about his heart history and the fact that he collapsed at home.

"Isn't that weird?"

No Sir. You are.

March 6, 2012 at 9:59 a.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

Move along folks, not much to see on this one.

March 6, 2012 at 10 a.m.
MTJohn said...

BigRidgePatriot said...In the case of Breitbart they seem to be falling all over themselves to close the story.

Who is "they" and who really is doing the "falling all over themselves"?

In the articles that I have read, there is nothing official about the determination that the cause of death was natural and the likely source of that determination was not qualified to make it. The articles also indicated that the cause of death is still under investigation.

So, Michael Savage asks a question which, in his own words was crazy, and BRP assumes to know the answer.

March 6, 2012 at 10:01 a.m.
alprova said...

BRP wrote: "Nobody does an autopsy in two hours so they have no way of knowing death was from natural causes."

I'm quite sure that the ER doctors who treated him knew what happened to him. Heart attacks are considered "natural causes."

"They obviously just "want" death to be due to natural causes, true or not."

You are totally pathetic.

March 6, 2012 at 10:02 a.m.
onetinsoldier said...

Andrew Bartbreit has gone to a better place for all of us. Not here!

March 6, 2012 at 10:18 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

I don't presume to know the answer, thus the "true or not" caviat. It just does not smell normal.

Is anybody curious about why the tapes have not been released yet? (or have they and I missed it) I thought they were supposed to be out on 1 March, was really looking forward to seeing them. Now the messanger is dead and no tapes?

March 6, 2012 at 10:23 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

alprova said... "Heart attacks are considered "natural causes."

Thank you for that nugget of wisdom! If he was wrestling with Obama for the tapes and collapsed would that still be "natural causes" to your satisfaction? :)

March 6, 2012 at 10:27 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

onetinsoldier said... "Andrew Bartbreit has gone to a better place for all of us. Not here!"

So if there is anything fishy about his death you would be willing to look the other way?

March 6, 2012 at 10:31 a.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Dude_abides said: "Maybe we will be able to discuss this subject as adults, without political acrimony. Maybe we can close ranks and express our humanity, our commonality. Maybe nobody will mention global warming... oops!"

Oops, pretty much says it, Dude_abides. Everyone I know has been talking climate change for the past couple of days, and I must confess that I’ve also been doing a lot of reading on “wild weather” events myself. From what I’ve read, most environmental science experts are saying the evidence is simply inconclusive. It's the kind of thing that will take years to establish. In other words, they're not saying yea or nay: “My answer to this question as posed is no. However, if you were to ask instead whether I expect that human-caused climate change will lead to more extreme weather events, the answer would be yes.” [Andrew Watson]

March 6, 2012 at 10:43 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

mountainlaurel said... "Everyone I know has been talking climate change for the past couple of days"

Same crowd that was talking about global cooling due to CO2 back in the Carter days, no doubt!

March 6, 2012 at 10:50 a.m.
mountainlaurel said...

BigRidgePatriot said: "Same crowd that was talking about global cooling due to CO2 back in the Carter days, no doubt!"

Sorry to disappoint you, but it’s a completely different crowd. BRP. Also, I note that the scientific community did not support your global cooling theory at the time. According to Wikipedia, although there was an increased awareness of changing global temperatures at the time, only 10% of the scientific papers inclined towards future cooling, while most papers predicted future warming.

Wikipedia Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_c...

March 6, 2012 at 11:21 a.m.
MTJohn said...

BigRidgePatriot said...Is anybody curious about why the tapes have not been released yet?

I'd suggest calling Donald Trump. Just like the birth certificate question, I'm sure that the Donald can make sense of it all.

March 6, 2012 at 11:41 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

MTJohn said... "I'd suggest calling Donald Trump. Just like the birth certificate question, I'm sure that the Donald can make sense of it all."

Funny you would bring that up. Did you hear about the Joe Arpaio investigation that the MSM is not covering? (that I have been able to catch anyway)

Rumor has it that the Obama "truth" squad is wielding a pretty heavy hammer on that one. Obama is looking more and more like the president that is willing to do what it takes to "manage" the news.

March 6, 2012 at 11:57 a.m.
rick1 said...

BRP, you are correct the MSM has not mention a word about Sheriff Joe's investigation. I thought you may find this article interesting.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/03/time_for_new_look_at_2008_obama_passport_breach.html

March 6, 2012 at 12:09 p.m.
MTJohn said...

BigRidgePatriot said...Funny you would bring that up. Did you hear about the Joe Arpaio investigation that the MSM is not covering?

Right! Joe Arpaio and the media that believe him have worked hard to earn the distrust of those who think they have a credibility problem.

I'm curious whether the forging of the President's birth certificate and draft card occurred in Maricopa County. And, if not, it's a bit out of his jurisdiction, isn't it? What makes you think he even has access to the sources and methods he would need for a credible investigation?

And, as a footnote, Fox News is MSM.

March 6, 2012 at 12:14 p.m.
hambone said...

BuRP, you're a piece of work.

"Tail-gunner Joe" has got nothing on you.

Bet you see a commie behind every bush in your yard !!

March 6, 2012 at 12:20 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

MTJohn said... "Right! Joe Arpaio and the media that believe him have worked hard to earn the distrust of those who think they have a credibility problem."

I know John Boy, anyone with any news about Obama that is less than glowing has a credibility problem with his supporters. I understand.

"I'm curious whether the forging of the President's birth certificate and draft card occurred in Maricopa County."

Since the birth question affects his eligibility to be on the ballot in said county it would then fall under that jurisdiction, right?

"And, as a footnote, Fox News is MSM."

I have not seen it on Fox News. Have you?

March 6, 2012 at 12:23 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

hambone said... "Bet you see a commie behind every bush in your yard !!"

Pretty funny. Not in my neighborhood. It seems like they all lurk here!

March 6, 2012 at 12:25 p.m.
MTJohn said...

BigRidgePatriot said...I know John Boy, anyone with any news about Obama that is less than glowing has a credibility problem with his supporters. I understand.

And, even though the report is specious on its face, you and other Obama detractors assume that it must be true.

My point, simply, is that Joe Arpaio is to law enforcement as the National Enquirer is to journalism. Fox News has a demonstrated interest in generating anti-Obama spin. If the story is too far fetched for Fox News to carry it, I doubt that the story has legs.

The principle source for this story is not a journalist, but a political consultant, the perpetrator of the infamous Willy Horton ad. I'm still waiting to see a second, more credible, source report on the story. I'm particularly interested to know the credentials of the retired volunteers in the "Cold Case Posse" to investigate the generation of fraudulent documents in the electronic age.

March 6, 2012 at 1:04 p.m.
jjmez said...

My God's sending a message. That is, maybe reassess your priorities on what's really important in life. It shouldn't matter who moves in next door to you. Just be happy neither you nor that neither got blown away in the recent storms. It shouldn't matter that your child is sitting next to someone transported from the poor side of town to attend school. Just acknowledge your blessings that neither your child nor that poor child didn't get picked up by tornado winds and ended up broken in some distance field several miles away. And by all means STOP using HIS name in vain to hide your hatred of others behind. God don't play that!

March 6, 2012 at 1:07 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

MTJohn said... "And, even though the report is specious on its face, you and other Obama detractors assume that it must be true. My point, simply, is that Joe Arpaio is to law enforcement as the National Enquirer is to journalism... The principle source for this story is not a journalist, but a political consultant, the perpetrator of the infamous Willy Horton ad. I'm still waiting to see a second, more credible, source report on the story. I'm particularly interested to know the credentials of the retired volunteers in the "Cold Case Posse" to investigate the generation of fraudulent documents in the electronic age."

Right out of the Rules for Radical's playbook. I have to give you guys credit, you are good students!

Discredit and vilify the source, dismiss the issue....

"…Fox News has a demonstrated interest in generating anti-Obama spin. If the story is too far fetched for Fox News to carry it, I doubt that the story has legs…"

Faux News is not the same news agency anymore. It is now 24 hours of ditzy milk toast. In the past, you may have been correct. It seems like the Obama "Truth" Police have gotten their heel on the neck of Rupert Murdoch.

March 6, 2012 at 1:53 p.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

left or right, Dem or Pub, how could anyone give a hoot what Donald Trump says. About anything.

March 6, 2012 at 2:15 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

*onetinsoldier said...

“Andrew Bartbreit has gone to a better place for all of us. Not here.”*

Sounds like the Stalin approach to dealing with those that do not agree with you.

March 6, 2012 at 2:20 p.m.
MTJohn said...

BigRidgePatriot said...Discredit and vilify the source, dismiss the issue....

Nice try, Sherlock, but I think you came up a bit short. It did not vilify the source. I did point out a couple of reasons to question the credibility of the source and the story. I also offered a couple of standards by which the credibility of the story could be improved, specifically a report on the qualifications of the posse to do this investigation and reports from qualified journalists.

Have you taken the time to check out the video clips that "prove" the President's birth certificate is a "fake"? Let me point out a couple of things that ought to be obvious to even the casual observer - even if they want to believe the story.

First, there is no assurance that the "copy" of the President's birth certificate is the document that the person who made the clip claims it to be. But, even if we assume that the person is not being that deceptive, there are two other glaring problems with the methodology.

First, the "investigator" is working with an artificial standard against which to evaluate the authenticity of the President's birth certificate. He constructed the standard document himself - he even told us how he did it. A legitimate standard would have a document that is known to be an authentic copy of an authentic original. Second, the "investigator" is comparing that phony standard document against a document that is, at best, a downloaded copy of the copy of a document that was uploaded to the internet that was converted to either pdf or jpeg format from a copy of the original document.

In short, he compared apples to peanut butter and concluded prime rib. More likely, what he really produced was a pile of meadow muffins. Bon apetit.

March 6, 2012 at 2:28 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

MTJohn said... "In short, he compared apples to peanut butter and concluded prime rib. More likely, what he really produced was a pile of meadow muffins. Bon apetit."

Funny, I thought they tried to validate the various explanations for the anomalies in the document posted on line by the administration and were not able to do so. I guess you are happy just accepting the explanations despite the apparent shortcomings. I am sure you find comfort in your faith.

March 6, 2012 at 3:07 p.m.
acerigger said...

Arizona's Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio announced on Thursday that his investigation into President Barack Obama's birth certificate concluded the document was most likely a "forgery." Go read it all;http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/arpaio-probe-concludes-obamas-birth-certific

March 6, 2012 at 3:22 p.m.
MTJohn said...

BigRidgePatriot said...Funny, I thought they tried to validate the various explanations for the anomalies in the document posted on line by the administration and were not able to do so.

Right. And I explained the obvious flaws in their methodology for trying to do that - assuming that they were working from a legitimate version of the document posted on line and not a document of their own construction.

March 6, 2012 at 3:51 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

MTJohn said... "I explained the obvious flaws in their methodology for trying to do that - assuming that they were working from a legitimate version of the document posted on line and not a document of their own construction"

I don't think your explanation holds water. You can doubt the honesty of the investigators. So be it. But you seem to be drawing conclusions based on presumed lack of integrity with no supporting evidence. Then you discredit the attempts to replicate the processes that were used to explain the anomalies. The Posses observations about the document seem to be quite consistent with the observations from a plethora of computer savvy citizens who investigated the same document when it was released. The only difference I could see between the Posse approach and the savvy citizen approach was that the savvy citizens already knew everything that the Posse had to learn about scanning and compression through the investigation.

Then you declare the trials apples and the original an orange and think you have made a convincing argument. I don’t buy it my friend. It would seem that you are not prepared to consider any explanation that does not fit your paradigm.

I was originally just making an observation that it was notable that the press was avoiding the story and wondering if the Obama administration has become dangerously involved in controlling the media. Whether the Posse is right or wrong is not the bigger point. Normally every time Arpaio opens his mouth it becomes national news. What’s the deal this time?

March 6, 2012 at 5:11 p.m.
tipper said...

Tomorrow's topic will be: "Is the sky blue?"

March 6, 2012 at 5:15 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

Blind trust in a political icon is a very dangerous thing. You people who insist on giving Obama a pass as he throws the weight of the office of the POTUS behind his Truth Police are enabling very dangerous behavior. In the end it will not just be Breitbart, Beck, Savage, Limbaugh, Napolitano and Arpaio feeling the heat.

March 6, 2012 at 5:21 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Tu_quo_que said: “Did it say anything at you link about the scientific community predicting that global temperatures would be flat or slightly negative from 1998 till at least 2012? I didn’t think so.”

You sound unsettled that the 1970’s scientific community did not believe that they had enough evidence and knowledge to make specific warming temperature predictions, Tu_quo_que. Why does this bother you? Isn’t it enough that the scientific community was correct in regard to a warming rather than a cooling? After all, carbon dioxide was the only widely studied human-influenced greenhouse gas at the time, and they had not yet recognized the significance of greenhouse gases such as methane, nitrous oxide and chlorofluorocarbons.

If it will make you feel better about the scientific community of that earlier period, Tu_quo_que, I did note that Wikipedia’s Global Cooling article does mention that Science News made a forecast in May 1959 about a 25% increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide in the 150 years from 1850 to 2000, with a consequent warming trend. Does this brighten your spirits? As it turned out, I believe the actual increase for the period they mentioned was 29%, but surely you will not hold this against them – they were pretty darn close. Don’t you agree?

Wikipedia Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_c...

March 6, 2012 at 5:27 p.m.
macropetala8 said...

alprova said...

The man had a history of heart problems. Thew man collapsed at home of an obvious heart attack. Do a little source searching. I read article after article, before I found out about his heart history and the fact that he collapsed at home.

Someone who allegedly had so much wrong with him should have strived more to be nicer instead of the viciousmeanie he was. Breitbart went after innocent people and destroyed their lives like some evil avenging angel from the dark underworld.

I read somewhere that he actually collapsed while out walking near his home.

Sometimes ones lifestyle choices early in life, substance abuse, can bring on severe health problems such as a damage heart later in life.

March 6, 2012 at 6 p.m.
MTJohn said...

BigRidgePatriot said...I don't think your explanation holds water. You can doubt the honesty of the investigators. So be it. But you seem to be drawing conclusions based on presumed lack of integrity with no supporting evidence.

Considering the source, there is good reason to doubt the integrity of the investigators. Regardless, as I noted above, the study design as depicted in the posted clips is flawed. The investigators do no know what legitimate birth certificated, copied, uploaded to and then downloaded from the internet ought to look like. Therefore, they have no way of validating the "standard" they developed and, therefore, have nothing to use for a baseline.

I am prepared to accept many observations that do not fit my paradigm. But, I also have a pretty good understanding of the scientific method. I'm not going to shift my thinking on the basis of evidence that is easily, but not yet, verified. I'm not going to do it on the basis of evidence that could well be a hoax.

You were not actually just making an observation that the press was avoiding the story. You were repeating a statement made by the person who created this story that the press was avoiding the story.

March 6, 2012 at 6:09 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

I was originally just making an observation that it was notable that the press was avoiding the story

Maybe because there is not a story. Leave the poor guy alone and let the family grieve in peace. Get your tinfoil hat adjusted soon.

March 6, 2012 at 6:09 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Nooga said: "I remember as a child growing up in the South it always snowed 4 or 5 times every winter deep enough to go sledding. My daughter is about to turn 14 and its snowed that much twice in her life."

Although much of Seth Fletcher’s article is on the 2011 tornado that destroyed much of his hometown in Joplin, he includes some data and information related to the issue of extreme weather and climate change that you might find interesting, Nooga.

“Kevin Trenberth, a senior scientist at the Climate Analysis Section of the U.S. National Center for Atmospheric Research, is more willing than most climate scientists to link current extreme weather with climate change. He explained to me that climate change is not directly causing events such as the Joplin tornado. It is, however, “loading the dice” by increasing the amount of energy in the atmosphere, making events that would occur naturally all the more powerful and violent.

The argument is based on simple thermodynamics: As the atmosphere warms, it holds more moisture. Since 1970, atmospheric water-vapor concentrations have increased by 4 percent. That additional moisture is fuel for storms. Day to day, Trenberth says, the effect of the increased water-vapor concentration is modest, but over time the accumulated changes result in a “magnifying effect” of 5 to 10 percent. “That’s often enough to make this thunderstorm into a supercell storm, or to create new records,” he says.

Trenberth has been working on this thesis since the late 1990s, and although scientists increasingly accept his argument, many are still hesitant to go as far as he does. As he told the climate writer Joseph Romm in 2010, soon after so-called thousand-year floods soaked Tennessee, the link between present-day extreme weather and well-established climatic trends “often gets underplayed by my fellow scientists.”

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2012-01/did-global-warming-destroy-my-hometown-0?page=allhttp://www.popsci.com/science/article/2012-01/did-global-warming-destroy-my-hometown-0?page=all

March 6, 2012 at 6:57 p.m.
acerigger said...

nooga,some of these folks have a different sized amygdala than you. Affects them negatively from YOUR point of view,(mine too,btw, lol)

)

March 6, 2012 at 7:10 p.m.
acerigger said...

BRP, be sure and send a donation to Sheriff Joe and Jerome Corsi(of World Nut Daily),in order to continue this investigation.It's got to be publicly financed from here on out you know,but Jerome Corsi is "ON IT",plus he's living well off the contributions.(think,"trip to Hawaii,free food,drink,and lodging,and who knows?)

Plus,,, they will guarantee to keep you on the edge of your seat waiting for "final proof"

Wotta scam!

March 6, 2012 at 7:48 p.m.
alprova said...

Change of subject:

See for yourself how wishy washy Fox News can be on the subject of gas prices and what, if anything, any President can actually do about them. They sure were singing a different tune back in 2008.

http://www.treehugger.com/fossil-fuels/fox-news-explains-why-presidents-cant-control-gas-prices-2008-video.html

March 6, 2012 at 8:38 p.m.
dude_abides said...

"Scientific opinion on climate change is that the Earth's climate system is unequivocally warming and it is more than 90% certain that humans are causing it through activities that increase concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, such as deforestation and burning fossil fuels."
- Newt Gingrich, President of Georgia

March 6, 2012 at 9:11 p.m.
acerigger said...

BRP,check this out,In case you haven’t heard the latest anti-Obama “scandal” trying to make its way out of the right-wing cesspool and into the mainstream media, here it is: back when he was a state senator, Barack Obama attended a Chicago play about Saul Alinsky, and afterwards appeared on a panel discussion about the work.

This was Andrew Breitbart’s last scoop, the final devastating piece of information that was going to take down President Obama. It’s the scoop that convinced his tin-foil hat followers that Breitbart was taken out by Obama’s thugs. Because of a ’90s-era play about someone most Americans have never heard of.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha …

So let’s get this straight: the people waltzing around in George Washington wigs and knee britches hollering about how they’re “losing their freedom” and decrying “government involvement in our lives” are trying to attack the President over a play he attended back in the 1990s. So beware, future political leaders of America: be careful what plays and movies you see because “freedom” loving conservatives actually view this information as a legitimate target to attack you with. And why stop at theater? Next it will books, magazines and blogs. You read Catcher In The Rye? We know what THAT means! Only Atlas Shrugged and the Bible are acceptable reading matter!http://southernbeale.wordpress.com./

March 6, 2012 at 9:28 p.m.
alprova said...

dude_abides wrote: "- Newt Gingrich, President of Georgia"

Hilarious!!

Did anyone catch his speech tonight? He spoke at length about his win in Georgia as being proof that the "establishment" Republicans can't keep him down. He actually spoke as if that he is still in the running for this thing.

Ron Paul harped at length about the Federal Reserve. Blah, blah, blah... He and Newt should drop out after tonight, but both probably won't.

March 6, 2012 at 10:26 p.m.
acerigger said...

BTW,that "basement" idea don't sound too bad,checking out a storm shelter myself. I was raised in the Tn. valley and I gotta say this weather is weird!

March 6, 2012 at 11:22 p.m.
MTJohn said...

acerigger said...Only Atlas Shrugged and the Bible are acceptable reading matter!

Ace - you got those in the right order. For the true believer of the first, the second is also highly suspect!

March 7, 2012 at 12:30 a.m.
alprova said...

tu_quoque wrote: "That's very odd as when I read that article it had the Associated Press name on it."

So? Fox posted it on their website.

"I guess you think that Fox News operates like you do. Once you copy and paste something produced by someone else you consider it your property and you can take credit for it in your own name."

Your obsession with what people post and your determination to find out it if is original or not, is rather weird. Do you think that anyone other than yourself really cares? Everyone, including yourself, copies and pastes.

Unlike yourself however, most people do their level best to copy and paste substantive facts that support their positions. You seem to be incapable of doing that, as your attempt in yesterday's thread proved. You exposed your complete ignorance about the medical treatment of ovarian cysts. And you claim to be a woman?

You're a fake and a fraud from start to finish.

"The problem for you is that we are not all Fleabaggers that have an entitlement mentality."

Your generalizations about people are inconsequential.

Your particular problem is that you are narcissistic, unapologetic, self-loving, friendless, and you will be a loner the rest of your life. You probably can't pass a mirror without taking time to stop in front of it for a quick primp.

Every time I read one of your posts, I get a vision that they are written by an unattractive 65 year old man, living in a filthy thirty year old mobile home out in the sticks somewhere. You're sitting in front of a computer while dressed in pink panties and a bra and black silk stockings that are held up with a garter belt. You top that off by continually refreshing your mouth opening with bright red lipstick.

In between your time on the web, you spend tender moments making fervent love to a well worn rubber doll. I can't quite get a vision of the gender, but that's not important. To each their own. When you're finished, you light up two cigarettes and lovingly place one of them in the oral orifice of your partner and bask in the afterglow of the passionate time you just spent together.

I truly feel sorry for you. You're destined to be one of those people that will be found dead in your home, most likely in the arms of your rubber lover and weeks after you have expired.

March 7, 2012 at 1:17 a.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Tu_quo_que said: “Where did I reference only the”1970’s scientific community” and by the way neither did the link you provided. . . . You sound like Albaby trying to narrow the debate to something you think you can defend as you are incapable of defending the larger subject we are discussing.”

I’ve come to the conclusion that you just want to argue for the sake of arguing, which is a waste of everyone's time, Tu_quo_que. This little mini discussion on the global cooling theory was introduced through a comment made by BigRidgePatriot, which referenced the Carter era: “Same crowd that was talking about global cooling due to CO2 back in the Carter days, no doubt!” [Big Ridge Patriot's comment at 10:50 a.m.]

Clearly, BigRidgePatriot was referencing a specfic era and my response was referencing this same era. Since you did not say anything in your response to indicate a shift in the focus, it was reasonable to assume that you were also referencing the same time period. As for your disingenuous comment about the Wikipedia link not referencing the 1970’s era, I believe the quote speaks for itself:

“In the 1970s, there was increasing awareness that estimates of global temperatures showed cooling since 1945. Of those scientific papers considering climate trends over the 21st century, only 10% inclined towards future cooling, while most papers predicted future warming [2]. The general public had little awareness of carbon dioxide's effects on climate, but Science News in May 1959 forecast a 25% increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide in the 150 years from 1850 to 2000, with a consequent warming trend.[3] The actual increase in this period was 29%. Paul R. Ehrlich mentioned climate change from greenhouse gases in 1968.[4] By the time the idea of global cooling reached the public press in the mid-1970s temperatures had stopped falling, and there was concern in the climatological community about carbon dioxide's warming effects.”

March 7, 2012 at 7:12 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

I wonder if the cooling was from increased gases like sulfur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide during the manufacturing boom of WWII and post war. The environmental policies enacted in the 70's reduced them significantly.

March 7, 2012 at 8:50 a.m.
alprova said...

tuquoque wrote: "Now AlBaby let’s discuss the treatment of PCOS. You declared that the treatments I listed were not for the ovarian cysts but you are taking the narrow view."

No, my view was quite literal. READ IT.

"The list of treatments I posted was intended for the whole range of effects caused by PCOS. Do you deny that fact?"

I most certainly do.

"If so you are dunce."

I think the evidence is in my favor. READ IT.

"There is no drug that eliminates existing cysts which can only be removed by surgery if they don’t disappear on their own."

You're incorrect. The combination birth control pills are quite effective in assisting in eliminating cysts.

"Controlling ovulation is the only treatment to slow their development and the article I posted lists three different drugs that can be used. Low dose birth control pills, progesterone, and metformin."

Sorry. You're full of crap. Those pills are prescribed only in the instance where a woman may be suffering from the three medical conditions listed on that page you quoted.

The prescription of combination birth control pills is the only non-surgical method of treatment for ovarian cysts.

March 7, 2012 at 10:56 a.m.
alprova said...

tu_quoque wrote: "This still sounds like a lie to me. If she was trying to become pregnant why was she not on the drug regimen that is detailed at the Mayo Clinic link about PCOS as below?"

I couldn't care less what you consider to be a lie or not. Your opinion is of no consequence.

I've explained her treatment in detail twice. I'm not about to answer your brainless question, asked after you have read something on a website that in no manner describes her medical problem at the time.

You'll run a marathon race halfway around the world, rather than admit you are wrong about a doggone thing, wouldn't you?

March 7, 2012 at 11:07 a.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Tu_quo_que said: “My original statement on this subject “

You forgot to mention the sarcastic little snippet that you wrote at the end of your post. This was your complete original statement: “Did it say anything at you link about the scientific community predicting that global temperatures would be flat or slightly negative from 1998 till at least 2012. I didn’t think so.” [Tu_quo_que]

Tu_quo_que said: “And why did I make such a statement? Because you as usual were trying to set the parameters of the debate to limited areas that you felt you could defend and I was declaring that I wasn't allowing you to do so.”

No, BigRidgePatriot set the parameters and it was his right to do so.

Tu_quo_que said: “I think that clear states that I was not only referring to the 1970's time period alone.”

But BigRidgePatriot’s post and my post were about the scientific community in the 1970s. You asked if the link had said anything about the scientific community making a prediction about future global temperatures, and then you proceeded to answer your own question by sarcastically stating: “I didn’t think so.” From there, I simply noted your little sarcastic add-on and provided the Wikipedia information that was available to the scientific during the 1970s era and told you that they had not made any specific predictions about global temperatures other than there would be a warming rather than cooling. . . End of story.

March 7, 2012 at 10:37 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Tu_quo_que said: “You though you would sneak back in here after everyone had gone home and get the last word on this. Well you be wrong.

You’re paranoia is showing, Tutu. Needless to say, it also appears to operate on a set of invisible rules with endless double standards designed to accommodate your paranoia. How else can you explain your early a.m. postings to others on this thread, most notably to Alprova.

Tu_quo_que said: “It doesn't matter what you and the other poster were discussing as I asked you a simple question that you have yet to answer. I must take it from your none response that you have no answer to the fact that temperatures have been flat or slightly negative since 1998.

Yes, it does matter, Tutu. Your fellow posters are not here to indulge your dictatorial whims, especially since you’re the type of poster who goes out of their way to disrupt dialogue. In this case, it has become rather obvious your alleged question wasn’t really a question - it was a statement. Initially, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and answered your question in the context of the era that BRP and I were discussing, but, needless to say, it was a wasted effort.

Tu_quo_que said: “the models did not predict and can not account for.”

Specifically, what models and type of models are you referencing here, Tutu?

Tu_quo_que said: “You Libtard Global Warming End Timers are sweating bullets that you will soon be eating crow.”

In your mind only, Tutu. I love books, films and fairy tales with happy endings.

March 8, 2012 at 10:30 a.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.