• Lakeview Drive/ Pavement joint at Cross Street to Walker County line
• Houston Valley Road/Sizemore Lane to Whitfield County line
• North Three Notch Road/SR2-Battlefield Parkway to Highway 41 north
• Holcomb Road/Boynton Drive to Poplar Springs Road at four-way stop
• Pine Grove Road/Boynton Drive to new pavement joint at Battlefield Parkway
• Cemetery Road/Wooten Road to dead end
• Washburn Lane/Stewart Road to dead end
• Corely Avenue/Page Road to dead end
• Chess Lane/Page Road to dead end
• Childers Lane/Lovingood Road to concrete pavement joint
• Post Oak Road/Boynton Drive to Three Notch Road
Source: Catoosa County government
RINGGOLD, Ga. -- Twelve miles of Catoosa County roads are due for resurfacing and Colditz Trucking Inc. of Blairsville, Ga., is getting a contract from the County Commission for the work.
Colditz had the low bid of $1.06 million to resurface 11 roads, the worst of which may be Lakeview Drive from Cross Street to the Whitfield County line, officials said.
"Lakeview Drive. If we get that one paved ... I mean, that one's crazy," County Commission Chairman Keith Greene said after commissioners unanimously awarded the contract last week.
County Manager Mike Helton said Colditz got a good recommendation from officials at the Georgia Department of Transportation.
"They've done quite a lot of work with GDOT," Helton said.
The contract calls for the work to be finished by July 31, but it should be done well before that, county project manager Christal Thomas said.
The county is funding the road work with $422,000 in Georgia Local Maintenance and Improvement Grant money.
The balance of $645,642 comes from a 2009 Catoosa special purpose local option sales tax.
Tim Omarzu covers education for the Times Free Press. Omarzu is a longtime journalist who has worked as a reporter and editor at daily and weekly newspapers in Michigan, Nevada and California.