published Monday, March 26th, 2012

House fire leaves Chattanooga family homeless

House fire
Get directions:  To here - From here

No injuries were reported in a house fire in Chattanooga Sunday night that has left a family homeless, authorities said.

Chattanooga firefighters, alongside four other fire companies, responded to an alarm at 8:19 p.m. at 2210 Camden St., according to Chattanooga Fire Department spokesperson Bruce Garner.

When they arrived, there was a large amount of fire on two sides of the house, Engine Four Capt. Marvin Hudgins said.

The fire was ruled accidental after investigators traced it to an electric heater that ignited something sitting near it, Garner said.

Resident Marqueata Blair told firefighters that she woke up to discover the fire outside her bedroom, Garner said. She grabbed her 5-year-old and 1-year-old children and escaped the house unharmed.

American Red Cross volunteers were called to provide assistance for the family.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.