• Name: Track's End
• Location: 3435 Amnicola Highway
• Hours: 24 hours a day restaurant service
• Services: A restaurant attached to the hotel built just for Norfolk Southern employees will offer a diner experience for more than train workers.
• Age/Owner: Track's End Restaurant opened on Amnicola Highway at the beginning of October and is owned by the company that owns the 102-room Motel Sleepers Inc., a designated stay-over for railroad employees.
• Specialties: The diner style restaurant, decorated in black and white and Coca Cola memorabilia, specializes in Philly cheese steaks and burgers and offers breakfast around the clock, said Stacy Parson, general manager at MSI.
Lunch specials change daily, and the diner has great daily desserts made by a pastry chef in house, she said.
-- Compiled by Joan Garrett, who may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 757-6340.
Joan Garrett McClane has been a staff writer for the Times Free Press since August 2007. Before becoming a general assignment writer for the paper, she wrote about business, higher education and the court systems. She grew up the oldest of five sisters near Birmingham, Ala., and graduated with a master's and bachelor's degrees in journalism from the University of Alabama. Before landing her first full-time job as a reporter at the Times Free Press, ...