Two freshmen students at Walker Valley High School were rushed to the emergency room early Friday after apparently ingesting muscle relaxers and cough syrup, according to the Bradley County Schools central office.
The students. who were not named, were taken to SkyRidge Medical Center in Cleveland, Tenn., and then to hospital in Chattanooga, according to a statement.
Their conditions were unknown this afternoon.
“We want to express our concern for the students and their families. They are in our thoughts and prayers at this time,” Johnny McDaniel, director of Bradley County Schools, said in the statement.