Blessing of animals
• Ringgold United Methodist Church, 7484 Nashville St. (Multi-purpose Room), Ringgold, Ga.; 5 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 25; blessing of the animals service features animal-friendly acoustic band, message by pastor John Purrington and individual blessings (large pets should be leashed; small pets should be in crates or carriers); 706-935-4777.
• First Baptist Church, 506 E. Eighth St.; 5 p.m. Sunday; concert by Chattanooga Gospel Orchestra; free; 265-3229.
• Old Country Church, 6009 Ooltewah-Georgetown Road, Doyle, Tenn.; 7 p.m. CST today; concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; 775-2806; also at Canaan Baptist Church, 4318 13th Ave., Evensville, Tenn., 11 a.m. Sunday; Philadelphia Baptist, 1065 Pine Grove Road, 6 p.m. Sunday.
• St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St.; 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 25; Choral Arts presentation of highlights from Handel's "Messiah"; $15 adults, $5 students (with ID), free for children under age 12; 598-3274.
• Simpson United Methodist Church, 601 McFarland Ave., Rossville, Ga.; 3 p.m. Sunday; Sunday Afternoons at Simpson concert features inSpirit, a men's community chorus; 423-488-4686.
• Zion Baptist Church, 405 Parksville Road, Benton, Tenn.; 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 24; concert of funny to serious music, monologues, poems, sketches and mime by Trevor Thomas Drama Ministries; free but love offering taken; 423-716-2255 or www.trevorthomasdramaministries.com.
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...