* What: "Elmo Makes Music" stage show
* When: 6:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 23; 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 24; and 1 and 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 25.
* Where: Memorial Auditorium, 399 McCallie Ave.
* Admission: $15, $20 reserved; $28 Gold Circle; $50 VIP Sunny Seats feature preshow meet-and-greet with two Sesame Street Live friends. Opening night, all seats $12 except Gold Circle and Sunny Seats.
* Phone: 642-8497.
* Website: www.ChattanoogaOnStage.com.
There's a new music teacher, Jenny, on Sesame Street, and she needs the help of the fun and furry Muppet gang to find her missing musical instruments.
That's the premise for the new stage show, "Elmo Makes Music," that opens Friday, Nov. 23, in Memorial Auditorium for a three-day run.
Bert, Ernie, Elmo, Big Bird, Cookie, Oscar, Grover, Rosita, Zoe, The Count and Abby Cadabby will all be on hand to join in the singing and dancing.
"Jenny's new friends quickly come to the rescue and discover 'instruments' they never knew existed -- rubber duckies, trash-can lids and even cookie jars," said Kelly Suter, publicity contact for Vee Corp., in a news release.
"Elmo, Abby Cadabby and friends teach children that everyone can make and enjoy beautiful music together."
The song-and-dance show incorporates songs pint-size Street fans love to sing ("C Is for Cookie," "The Alphabet Song") as well as pop hits their parents will know ("The Hustle," "You Should Be Dancing").
But beneath all the razzle-dazzle, as is the case in all Sesame Street productions, is a message of patience and teamwork.
Contact Susan Pierce at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-757-6284.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...