published Friday, November 23rd, 2012

Fire damages Adair Avenue home in East Ridge

A bathroom ceiling fan caused a fire in an East Ridge home while its occupants were out shopping Friday, authorities said.

East Ridge fire and police units responded to a structure fire call in the 1600 block of Adair Avenue at around 10:24 a.m., according to a news release from Chief of Public Safety Eddie Phillips. A car was parked in the driveway, but no one was in the house during the fire.

The fire was contained and extinguished, but the home sustained heavy smoke and heat damage, estimated at $40,000.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »


Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.