- GANDHI VISIT Dr. Arun Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi, begins week of programs in Chattanooga with Westside visit at Renaissance Community Garden at 5:30 p.m. today. Program includes music by flutist Mike Serna. 425-7826.
- LECTURE Principal Chief Michell Hicks of the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians gives opening address in Friends of Moccasin Bend National Park's fall lecture series. Program starts at 7 p.m. today in the Tennessee Aquarium auditorium, 1 Broad St. Free.
- LECTURE Dr. James W. Ceaser of the University of Virginia will present UTC's Constitution Day lecture at 7:30 p.m. today in the Benwood Auditorium inside the UTC Math, Engineering and Computer Science Building, corner of Vine and Palmetto streets. Free.
- BOOK SALE Friends of the Chattanooga Public Library book sale 9 a.m.-7 p.m. today at Eastgate Town Center, 5600 Brainerd Road. Books for children and adults priced from 50 cents to $2.
- YAPPY MEOWER Happy hour 5-7 p.m. today at Texas Roadhouse, 7016 Shallowford Road, includes drinks, appetizers and a door prize. $20 donation benefits McKamey Animal Center.
- CONCERT Lee University School of Music presents "An Evening of Baroque Music" at 7:30 p.m. today in the chapel, corner of 11th and Ocoee streets, Cleveland, Tenn. Concert features faculty members and guest artists. Free admission. 423-614-8240.
about Staff Reports...
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress