• Calendar: Email items to Karen Nazor Hill at email@example.com and Susan Pierce at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday before the Sunday it appears. Include event name, date, hours, location, ticket price and phone.
• Photo layouts: Email four to six photos with left to right identifications to Karen Nazor Hill at email@example.com or spierce@timesfree press.com. Include event name, location and who fundraiser benefited.
• Contacts: Karen Hill at 757-6396 or Susan Pierce at 757-6284.
TODAY. Hyperflite Skyhoundz World Canine Disc Championship, AT&T Field, 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m., teams from around the world and their dogs compete with disc and acrobatics, free, $1 donation benefits McKamey Animal Care and Adoption Center. skyhoundz.com.
TUESDAY. First Things First banquet, Chattanooga Convention Center, 6:30 p.m., $75. Fifteenth anniversary celebration featuring Sean Astin, actor and son of Patty Duke. 267-5383.
WEDNESDAY. Art & Wine: A Presentation by Photographer Spears McAllester, Creative Arts Guild, 520 W. Waugh St., Dalton, Ga., 6 p.m., $20 includes wine and light refreshments, benefits Creative Arts Guild. 706-278-0168.
THURSDAY. Cabaret, Bessie Smith Cultural Center, 200 E. M.L. King Blvd., 7 p.m., $50, $85 couple. Fundraiser for Choral Arts of Chattanooga. 255-2195.
29-30 Family Promise Campout, First Tennessee Pavilion, 5 p.m. Sept. 29 to 7 a.m. Sept. 30. Participants bring their own tent or cardboard box, eat from a soup kitchen and spend the night outdoors to experience what it's like to be homeless. Benefits Family Promise of Greater Chattanooga. 756-3891.
29 Big Pig Roast, Crabtree Farms, 1000 E. 30th St., 6-10 p.m., pork barbecue and vegetarian options. Members' tickets $30-$70; nonmembers $35 to $80. Benefits educational programs of Crabtree Farms. www.crabtreefarms.org
30 Low Country Boil, Stratton Hall, 3146 Broad St., 6:30 p.m., $80, $125 reserved seating, $40 patrons younger than 30. Dinner, silent auction and music by two bands to benefit Jordan Thomas Foundation. Golf tournament follows Oct. 1 at Chattanooga Golf and Country Club. For tournament registration: 622-9006.
• Gospel singing and dinner, Marcella Center for the Arts and Education, 117 Washington Road, Sweetwater, Tenn., 1-3 p.m. dinner, 4 p.m. singing featuring The Spiritual Quartet, $5. 423-337-0075.
5 Spaghetti Supper, Red Bank Lions Club, 3704 Dayton Blvd., 5-7 p.m., ticket price to be announced, benefits The Fisher House. 876-4411.
• Over the Edge, rappel 280 feet off the SunTrust Bank building. Proceeds raised by rappellers benefit Cherokee Area Council of Boy Scouts and RiverRocks. www.over theedgechattanooga.com
6 Greater Than Myself benefit concert, Boys and Girls Club of America, 385 Third St., Cleveland, Tenn., 2-6 p.m., free, donations accepted for Destiny Community Fellowship. www.destiny communityfellowship.com.
• Wine Over Water, Walnut Street Bridge, 5-8 p.m., $65 in advance, $70 day of event, benefits Cornerstones historic preservation. wineoverwater.org.
11 Pickin' for the Pups, River Inn, 2130 Suck Creek Road, 6-10 p.m., $20 advance, $25 at event, bluegrass and barbecue to benefit Goodwill Assistance Dog Academy. goodwillchatt.org.
13 Celebration of Life and Hope, Track 29, 1400 Market St., 6 p.m., $100, music, live and silent auctions to benefit Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer. 243-3475.
• Cook-off, Barnhardt Circle polo field in Fort Oglethorpe, Ga., representatives from each branch of military service needed to compete in cook-off, benefits 6th Cavalry Museum. To register, call 706-861-2860.
26 A Song for the Children, Tivoli Theatre, 709 Broad St., 8 p.m., Vince Gill concert to benefit Children's Advocacy Center of Hamilton County. General admission seats, $35 and $50. VIP seats $175. 642-TIXS.
3 Party Like a Rock Star at American Bandstand, Marriott Convention Center ballroom, 2 Carter Plaza, come dressed as a rock star. Tickets are $100 ($75 before Oct. 1). Shopping, dinner, rock star parade, live and silent auctions to benefit American Lung Association of Tennessee. 629-1098.
7 History Makers Lunch, Chattanooga Convention Center, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., $60, benefits Chattanooga History Center. The legacy of Mose and Garrison Siskin will be recognized. 265-3247.
15 Three Blind Wines, The Mill, 1601 Gulf St., 6 p.m., $30. Dinner, wine-tasting with live and silent auctions to benefit Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. 615-255-1167.
• A Pink Carpet Country Celebration, Tivoli Theatre, 709 Broad St., 7:30 p.m., $50. Concert with Randy Owen and friends to benefit MaryEllen Locher Foundation. 757-5050 or www.etix.com.