• Lake Hills Church of Christ, 4519 Oak Hill Road; 10:30 a.m. Sunday; 50th anniversary celebration features three former preachers of the church and catered lunch; 894-5373.
• Woodland Park Baptist Church, 6735 Standifer Gap Road; 3:45-5:45 p.m. Friday (information session for Christian educators on the Institute for Cultural Communicators and how to start a local chapter) and 7-9:30 a.m. Friday (interactive presentation by Communicators for Christ intern team on community, real love and transforming the world through Jesus); both events free; 531-0807 or iccinc.org/tour.
• Camp Joy, 6621 Hunter Road, Harrison; 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6; Camp Joy Fun Festival features live entertainment/J103 live remote, games, arts/crafts, car cruise-in, yard sales, silent auction, cake auction and cake walk; funds raised benefit camp repairs from March tornado; 901-486-4920 or 423-488-9678.
• Boys and Girls Club of America, 385 Third St., Cleveland, Tenn.; 2-6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6; benefit concert/fundraiser for Destiny Community Fellowship, plus games, activities, food and drinks; free; 400-1808.
• Free Hope Baptist Church, 4176 Highway 76, Chatsworth, Ga.; 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Saturday, Oct. 8-31; youth missions fundraiser sale of pumpkins, crafts and more; 706-695-3717.
• Brittsville Baptist Church, 2650 Brittsville Road, Georgetown, Tenn.; 6 p.m. Sunday; concert by Young Praise; 472-5177.
• City Church of Chattanooga, 7122 Lee Highway; 7 p.m. Thursday and 7 p.m. Friday; Anointed Praise Music worship celebration features Eddie James and Heritage Night Singing (Thursday) and Lee University Worship Band, David and Nicole Binion, and Bob Sorge (Friday); free; 478-5868.
• Cohutta First Baptist Church, 103 King St., Cohutta, Ga.; 6 p.m. Sunday; gospel concert features North Georgia-based Spatial Effects; free; 706-694-8321 or http://spatialeffectsbluegrass.com.
• Catoosa County Colonnade, 264 Catoosa Circle, Ringgold, Ga.; 6 p.m. today; Gospel Music Express concert features National Quartet Convention artists such as Terry Weeks, Devi Black, Brett Hill, Gary Winningham, Renay Jarvis Lee and the Terry Luna Trio, plus Susy Guerin, Brittany Loyd, Rhett Ouzts, Nicolas Hickman and the first-place winner of the Gospels Got Talent contest for youth and adults earlier in the day; $5 (proceeds support Harvest Outreach Ministries of Dalton, Ga.); 706-280-0883 or www.gmeshowcase.com.
• Falling Water Baptist Tabernacle, 603 Jackson Road, Hixson; 11 a.m. Sunday; concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; 775-2806; also at Upper Shady Grove Baptist Church, 6270 Old Niles Ferry Road, Greenback, Tenn., 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Kelly's Ferry Church of God, Highway 41; 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 7; gospel music homecoming features the Smith Sisters of Trenton, Ga.; 706-657-5746.
• New Liberty Baptist Church, 13746 Birchwood Pike, Birchwood, Tenn.; 6 p.m. Sunday; concert by Heartstrings; free; 961-0014.
• Philadelphia Baptist Church, 1065 Pine Grove Road, Ringgold, Ga.; 6:30 p.m. Friday; weekly singing features Willow Creek Quartet and Brenda Bradshaw; 706-891-5683.
• Suck Creek Baptist Church, 2721 Suck Creek Road; 6 p.m. Sunday; The Blessed and John Wayne Hamilton guests for fifth Sunday singing; 886-1169.
• Pentecostal Worship Center, 25000 Rhea County Highway, Spring City, Tenn.; 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. today; interdenominational Body of Christ Ladies Conference for ages 18-up features speakers Beverly McManus, Denise Lavender and Robin Baumer; $15; 365-9150.
• Second Missionary Baptist Church, 2305 E. Third St.; 10:30 a.m. Friday (registration, 10 a.m.); Nancy Franks of Volunteers in Medicine guest speaker for Church Women United meeting.
• Woodland Park Baptist Church, 6735 Standifer Gap Road; 3:45-9 p.m. Thursday, 3:45-9:30 p.m. Friday and 8:45 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6 (for children ages 11-up and chaperones), or 3:45-9:30 p.m. Friday (for children ages 6-10 and chaperones); Communicators for Christ Conference offered to help equip Christians to shape the future through authentic leadership and cultural communication; $135 (children ages 11-up), $25 (children ages 6-10), free for adults with paying child; 531-0807 or iccinc.org/tour.
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...