published Wednesday, April 3rd, 2013

Lookout Valley home goes up in flames on renters' first night

House fire
Get directions:  To here - From here

No injuries were reported after a house fire in Lookout Valley last night.

The Chattanooga Fire Department responded to the alarm at 156 Isbill Road at 10 p.m.

Battalion Chief Lesley Morgan said most of the front porch was in flames when the first firefighters arrived.

The house was occupied by Taylor and Coty Morrow, and their infant child. It was their first night in the rented house. Chief Morgan said they apparently didn’t know their house was on fire until a passerby stopped and alerted them.

The cause of the fire was ruled accidental. Chief Morgan said the fire appears to have been started by improperly discarded cigarettes in a garbage can that was located on the covered porch area. The dollar loss from the fire was estimated at around $30,000.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.