• The Booker T. Washington High School class of 1963 will hold a meeting on Saturday, April 13, at 2 p.m. at Mission Ridge Baptist Church, 3778 Wilcox Blvd. For more information, contact the Rev. Etta Griffin-Garth, 475-6368, or email email@example.com.
• The Howard High School class of 1963 will hold planning meetings on Saturday, April 13, and Saturday, April 27, at 5 p.m. at the Veterans Club, 2114 Wilder St. For more information, call 693-7867.
• Tyner High School class of 1973 is holding its 40-year reunion on Saturday, April 20, at 4 p.m. at Amigo's Restaurant at Island Cove Marina, 6701 Highway 58. Information about the reunion can be found on the class website www.tynerhigh1973.com, on Facebook under Tyner High School 1973 Reunion, by calling Mike Mowery at 503-0155 or emailing Ted Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Chattanooga High School class of 1963 will hold its 50-year reunion on Friday-Saturday, April 26-27, at the Mountain City Club. For information or to make reservations, contact Rosalyn Goldstein Vogel at 821-0788.
• Soddy-Daisy High School class of 1963 is holding its 50-year reunion on Saturday, July 13 from 4-11 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Soddy-Daisy, 10185 Dayton Pike. Tickets are $35 and money must be received by May 31. For more information, call Linda Stewart at 423-238-4518 or email email@example.com.
• McMinn County High School class of 1993 is planning a 20-year reunion for Saturday, July 27. A family gathering will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Athens Regional Park, then a reunion dinner is set that night at 6:30 p.m. at Springbrook Golf and Country Club. Classmates should email their updated information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Central High School class of 1963 is holding its 50-year reunion on Saturday, Aug. 24 from 6-10 p.m. at the DoubleTree Hotel on Chestnut Street. The classes of 1961, 1962, 1964 and 1965 are also invited. For more information or reservations, contact Joe White at email@example.com or 803-364-4677.
• East Ridge High School class of 1973 is planning its 40-year reunion for Saturday, Sept. 14. For more information, classmates should call 622-6432.
• Red Bank High School class of 1973 is holding its 40-year reunion Oct. 11-12. A meet-and-greet is planned Oct. 11 from 6 to 11 p.m. in the Pier 2 burger bar. The reunion dinner is Oct. 12 from 6-10 p.m. in Pier 2 at The Landing. Casual attire; $50 ticket includes buffet, cash bar and dancing. Make reservations at www.rbhs73.com.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...