• East Cleveland Seventh-day Adventist Church, 801 Howard Circle S.E., Cleveland, Tenn.; 1-4 p.m. Saturday, May 4; health fair offers, among other things, health screenings, massages, diabetes testing, body mass index calculations and blood pressure checks; free; 476-9299.
• First Baptist Church, 401 Gateway Ave.; 2 p.m. Sunday; Hospice of Chattanooga-sponsored community memorial service for relatives and friends of loved ones who have died (reception follows); 892-4289.
• Philadelphia Baptist Church, 1065 Pine Grove Road, Ringgold, Ga.; 6:30 p.m. Friday; Friday Night Sing features the Nobleman Quartet and Chuck Robinson; 706-891-5683.
• Victory Missionary Baptist Church, 535 Warren St., Madisonville, Tenn.; 7 p.m. today; concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; 775-2806; also, Summer City Church of God, 2621 Kiuka Road, Dayton, Tenn., 11 a.m. Sunday, and Jesus Is The Way Baptist Church, South 41 Highway, Dalton, Ga., 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Chattanooga Convention Center, 1150 Carter St.; 6:45-8:45 a.m. Tuesday; Mark Whitacre, former Fortune 500 executive, former FBI informant and ex-convict speaks at 35th Chattanooga Area Leadership Prayer Breakfast; $20; 698-0100, www.ChattanoogaPrayerBreakfast.org or email email@example.com.
• Hamilton County Courthouse, 625 Georgia Ave.; noon Thursday; National Day of Prayer gathering; 697-9866 or NationalDayofPrayer.org.
• Red Bank City Hall, 3117 Dayton Blvd.; noon Thursday; National Day of Prayer gathering; 877-1103 or NationalDayofPrayer.org.
• Brainerd United Methodist Church, 4315 Brainerd Road; 10:30 a.m. Friday (registration 10 a.m.); Church Women United salad luncheon meeting for May Friendship Day.
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...