• Name: Good World Goods
• Owners: Victoria York, Brad Tomlinson, Kaylee York, Casey York
• Location: 8021 East Brainerd Road, Chattanooga
• Opened: Founded in 2010, Good World Goods held a grand reopening Aug. 3 at its new location
• Service: Good World Goods moved from Hixson Pike to Brainerd Road, where the retail shop has about 10 times more space to sell its artisan-made products, fair trade foods and custom furniture. The store hawks everything from handmade signs to recycled clothing to moonshine cakes.
• Prices: The average sale lands around $20, but prices range from $1.99 up — custom furniture prices range as high as $2,000 per piece.
• Staff: Five
• How it got started: Good World Goods started after the founders graduated from the Co.Lab’s Springboard program in 2010. Now the store is moving into a shop with 3,000 square feet in retail space.
• Five-year goal: The owners hope to create a relaxed and enjoyable shopping experience at Good World Goods, providing customers with free popcorn, cold soda and a seat with a magazine by the store’s fireplace. They want Good World Goods to be a destination, not just a place to shop, and will try to include all sorts of customers. They want to support local artists and create an inclusive environment.
• Website: facebook.com/GoodWorldGoods, goodworldgoods.com
• Phone number: 423-468-4278
— Compiled by Shelly Bradbury, who may be reached at 757-6525 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shelly Bradbury joined the Times Free Press as a business reporter in January 2013, after starting with the paper as a general assignment intern in July 2012. She is from Houghton, New York, and graduated from Huntington University in Huntington, Indiana, with a bachelor’s degree in journalism and minor in management. Before moving to Tennessee, Shelly previously interned with The Goshen News, The Sandusky Register and The Mint Hill Times. Outside the newsroom, Shelly enjoys ...