• East Ridge High School class of 1963 is holding its 50-year reunion on Saturday, Sept. 7, from 7 to 11 p.m. on the Southern Belle riverboat. For more information, call 593-0209 or 476-2602.
• Rossville High School class of 1973 is holding a 40-year reunion on Saturday, Sept. 7, from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Rossville Athletic Center (the former Rossville High School gymnasium). Class members should register at www.rhsclassof73.net. Call Pat Langston Lewis at 423-413-3406 or Elaine Born Steele at 423-903-2365 for more information.
• Soddy-Daisy High School class of 1958 is holding its 55-year reunion on Sept. 7 at 4 p.m. in the Chester Frost Park pavilion. Tickets are $25 per person. For more information, call 423-332-1491 or email GeneSis2004@comcast.net.
• East Ridge High School class of 1973 is planning its 40-year reunion for Saturday, Sept. 14. For more information, classmates should call 622-6432.
• Red Bank High School class of 1988 is holding a 25-year reunion on Friday-Saturday, Sept. 20-21. Events include a gathering at the Red Bank vs. Central football game at 7:30 p.m. on Sept. 20, a family picnic at 11 a.m. Sept. 21 in Althaus Park on Signal Mountain, followed by a class party that night at The Mill event hall from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. For more information, check the website at rbhs1988.wix.com/reunion or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Ooltewah High School class of 2003 is holding a 10-year reunion on Saturday, Sept. 21, at 7:30 p.m. in Miller Plaza. Tickets are $25 per person until Monday, $30 after that until event day when they are $35. Buy tickets online at ohsclass2003.com.
• Kirkman Technical High School class of 1963 is planning its 50-year reunion for Saturday, Oct. 5, at the Chattanooga Choo-Choo. For more information, classmates should call 423-894-1100 or 423-238-4322.
• Riverside High School class of 1971 is holding "Celebrate 60 Sensational Years of Living" on Saturday, Oct. 5, from 7 to 11 p.m. in the Chattanooga Convention Center. Tickets are $42 per person. For more information, call 629-5525 or 894-6816.
• Central High School class of 1978 is holding its 35-year reunion on Friday-Saturday, Oct. 11-12. For more information, contact Bonnie Sanders Cope, 423-344-5030 or email@example.com.
• Red Bank High School class of 1973 is holding its 40-year reunion on Friday-Saturday, Oct. 11-12. A meet-and-greet is planned on Oct. 11 from 6 to 11 p.m. in Pier 2. The reunion dinner is Oct. 12 from 6 to 10 p.m. in Pier 2 at The Landing. Casual attire; $50 ticket includes buffet, cash bar and dancing. Make reservations at rbhs73.com.
• Central High School class of 1968 is holding its 45-year reunion on Saturday, Oct. 19, at Pier 2. To register or for more information, contact Cliff Crownover 423-344-3575.
• Bradley Central High School class of 1993 is holding its 20-year reunion on Saturday, Oct. 19, at the Old Woolen Mill in downtown Cleveland, Tenn. Tickets are $60, which includes all food, beverages, unlimited photo booth and professional entertainment. For more information, check the Facebook page at Bradley Central Class of 1993, email your address to firstname.lastname@example.org or text Angie Myers Taylor at 423-400-6943.
• University of Chattanooga class of 1963 and UC Fifty-Plus Club will hold their 50-year reunion on Friday-Saturday, Oct. 25-26 on the UTC campus. For more information, call the UTC Office of Alumni Affairs, 425-4785 or 1-800-728-4882.
• The Nance-Rollins family reunion is scheduled for Sunday, Sept. 22, at noon in Smith Chapel United Methodist Church, 4245 Stewart Road, Tunnel Hill, Ga. A catered barbecue meal will be served; bring family photos. 404-888-2921.
• The Pitts family reunion will be held Saturday, Sept. 14, at 4 p.m. in Pleasant Valley Baptist Church, 1995 Ooltewah-Ringgold Road in Ringgold, Ga. Bring a covered dish for shared supper. For more information, contact Katrina Pitts Heatherly at 423-619-8574.
• Positive Christian Singles, sponsored by First-Centenary United Methodist Church, is holding its 35th anniversary reunion on Friday-Sunday, Sept. 27-29. Events include Sept. 27 dinner at the Choo Choo Garden Restaurant, Sept. 28 breakfast at Oak Street Center, and a dinner at the church with Times Free Press columnist Nell Mohney as speaker. For pricing or schedule information, email PCS35Reunion@aol.com. Register online at firstcentenary.com/35-year-reunion.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...